Wow! Thanks for pointing out this story. How outrageous and disgraceful that a guy with a history of stalking (not just 1 woman, but 2) is trying to pass legislation that makes it more difficult for potential crime victims to protect themselves.  :facepalm: Here's the YouTube link (and I must say, I think they actually did a really good job with the video):

Frankly, I think everyone who reads this should be sending the YouTube link out (at the very least) to everyone they know who lives or works in that district.

And I hope this organization is not only sending it out to the usual gun blogs... but are also trying to target victims' rights groups as well... as I would think it would have traction there also.

Yeah, I just sent an email with the links to all 4 New Jersey chapters of a national women's shooting club. In case they don't know about it already... maybe they'll post to their Facebook pages or otherwise share it.

Yeah, this is really over the top even by NJ political standards! It's literally like putting the fox in charge of the hen house.

How - or even why - can a man who has a criminal record the likes of that be qualified and supported by his party to be in office when people with much minor offences can't even get a job laying bricks or sweeping floors? 

14 minutes ago, BobA said:

How - or even why - can a man who has a criminal record the likes of that be qualified and supported by his party to be in office when people with much minor offences can't even get a job laying bricks or sweeping floors? 

People don't care:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Barry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_Cianci

15 minutes ago, BobA said:

In NJ, his party doesn't take a candidate seriously unless they have a couple of indictments to brighten the resume.