S&W39

Another Democratic Governor

246 posts in this topic

If Murphy wins the election in November, could this be worse than a Corzine administration? All indications show this guy is big anti gun. I feel this will be a major setback for NJ gun owners. He'll have the backing of a Democratic state Senate. More restrictions for sure and he's big on smart gun technology. The Republicans are throwing Kim Guardgno out there, the poor woman won't stand a chance with Christie baggage hanging around her neck. Christie wasn't great for the gun community but, definitely a better alternative than a Democrat. What's next one handgun every 6 months, surcharge on all registered guns, more magazine restrictions. I think the proverbial S..t is going to hit the fan within the next few years for NJ gun Owners. I'll vote Republican but it can be an effort in futility.

1 person likes this

This has been discussed where I cut and paste a link from his web site.  He will make the NY Safe Act look gun friendly.  

I am hoping SCOTUS puts Federal restrictions on the books that define 2A

to the point where states like the PRNJ can't just willy nilly redefine our gun rights

to suit their needs.

2 people like this

There will be no Federal decisions on states rights and firearms. It's a bridge the Feds refuse to cross. NJ gun owners will be screwed.  They, Dumbocrats, are convinced the tighter the laws the safer the state.

17 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

to the point where states like the PRNJ can't just willy nilly redefine our gun rights

to suit their needs.

I think sooner or later they are going to pass the law that breaks the camels back, and the SCOTUS will have to rule on NJ laws.

Im torn. As a gun guy I don't want murphy. Opposite is my union is backing him because he is supposedly pro law enforcement. As a union delegate I had to attend a rally for him yesterday knowing full well that if he gets elected its a big blow for gun rights in NJ. Already making plans for a new address

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

to suit their needs.

I don't think federal restrictions would matter to the PRNJ.  They're gonna do what they're gonna do. And they don't care.  "So sue us...."  to use the old cliché.  They can tie up that litigation for decades.  And they can work around it to make it ineffective.

As stated several times, the only thing that will make the PRNJ pay attention to federal laws/restrictions is tying complianc with them to the continued receipt of federal funds for various things...  Yeah, I know that tactic is supposed to be illegal now, but we need to find a way to bring it back.

28 minutes ago, BlueLineFish said:

Im torn. As a gun guy I don't want murphy. Opposite is my union is backing him because he is supposedly pro law enforcement. As a union delegate I had to attend a rally for him yesterday knowing full well that if he gets elected its a big blow for gun rights in NJ. Already making plans for a new address

Very few candidates from either patry are really pro LE.  A Democrat who's pro LE is interested in enforcing hate crime and child abuse.  A Republican more interested in reducing violent crime, drugs, and things of that nature.  

You really want a pro-cop candidate not pro LE.  For example Giuliani was very pro LE but not pro cop.  The most pro cop mayor NYC had was Ed Koch. NYPD could do no wrong and they got whatever the city could afford.

Unfortunately the republican voters have not yet learned that the elections in NJ are won and lost in the primaries and it is now within the 55 day limit to change affiliation to undeclared.    It is more important to vote against the lesser of the two evils In the democratic primary than to vote for a republican as it is fruitless to think a republican matters.

Its possible to knock a candidate out in the primary but never in a general election in NJ.

The damage that the rino Christie has done to the opposition party in NJ will not be righted in our lifetimes. 

as a previous poster stated the next administration will go so far as to force a supreme court decision.

next year remember, 55 days prior to a primary, change to unaffiliated to vote against a democrat.  for example   if all republicans in sweenys district changed to unaffiliated its possible to throw the fifth columnist out.

I'm getting out. The only people that will do well under the next regime are NJ public employees, and their union fat cats.

Taxes will skyrocket, NJ State employees will get huge raises to soothe the Communist Whiners Association. Illegal aliens will flood in, crime will go way up, your sky high property taxes will be diverted to corrupt cesspool Democrat governments in other parts of the state. Toilets will be multigendered, Goldman Sachs will again control the states finances.  SJWs will indoctrinate 2nd graders into pedophiliea. The only good thing about all that is gonna be the NJ Public employees that are required to live in NJ and have to deal with the consequences of their Dem vote and eventual pension cutbacks because "MUH UNION" I just read an article about how PR government retirees are getting their pensions slashed. Good luck, NJ will be in the same boat before too long!

2 people like this

I'm outta here sometime between this Fall and next Summer

Back over the river to Philly, where the worst thing at this point is dealing with the Phila PD for my Resident PA Carry Permit

But I'll deal with it!

Sadly The state PBA is backing this mutt Murphy so my local Just announced a few weeks ago we are backing him. What ever deals Christie made with the Dems to get his agendas through has worked and now Christie has to pay up. sadly the Lt Gov has little if any chance in November, Murphy WILL be our next Gov.  Don't be surprised in the middle of 2018 when our state Goes to 10 rounds Handgun, 5 rounds Semi auto rifle. Next as he states on his Website, he wants to establish a NJ SAFE act. So when that passes and it WILL pass, I have a bad gut feeling AR and AK style guns will be Banned and or heavily Modified like NY.  I hope to God non of this happens and I'm completely wrong.

1 person likes this

Murphy has the backing of the state PBA and the NJEA. He's just awaiting his coronation now. 

Christie has an 18% approval rating right now so the taste of another Republican will be vile to anyone in New Jersey. 

A NJ SAFE Act is a given. Be prepared. 

Yep... and keep in mind he was USA's ambassador to Germany under Obama..... so I am sure if the election got close, Murphy would be flying out Obama to seal the deal. 

9 hours ago, matty said:

I'm getting out. The only people that will do well under the next regime are NJ public employees, and their union fat cats.

Taxes will skyrocket, NJ State employees will get huge raises to soothe the Communist Whiners Association. Illegal aliens will flood in, crime will go way up, your sky high property taxes will be diverted to corrupt cesspool Democrat governments in other parts of the state. Toilets will be multigendered, Goldman Sachs will again control the states finances.  SJWs will indoctrinate 2nd graders into pedophiliea. The only good thing about all that is gonna be the NJ Public employees that are required to live in NJ and have to deal with the consequences of their Dem vote and eventual pension cutbacks because "MUH UNION" I just read an article about how PR government retirees are getting their pensions slashed. Good luck, NJ will be in the same boat before too long!

I'm stuck here under the NJ First Act. Has anyone challenged the law yet?

This Category should be renamed the GLOOM & DOOM Lovers Club.  

All of the posts thus far can be edited down to this:

1.  I'm GETTING OUT!

2.  BEND OVER!

No talk of any attempt at organized PUSH-BACK.  NONE!  Just capitulation to your oppressors!

OK, no need for any other posts, so back to our regular whining, lol!

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

1.  I'm GETTING OUT!

2.  BEND OVER!

No talk of any attempt at organized PUSH-BACK.  NONE!  Just capitulation to your oppressors!

You are absolutely right... but people have been pushing back for years and at most things have been postponed.

Are you honestly saying the minority gun owners and conservatives in the state can prevent the almost certainty that in 2018 NJ will not be under full democrat control?

I also believe that if the vast majority of the people have a differing view on gun ownership or any other issues,  they have a right to that opinion.

As far as people getting out of NJ, unfortunately it is for more reasons than just guns.

NJ's issues WILL be solved when NJ goes insolvent. Until then, the only way to keep it up is by borrowing and spending and taxing for the difference. 

From the gun perspective, the hope can only come from the Federal level to protect gun rights.... as un conservative and small government as it can be.... but in the case of NJ... we need the fed to save the gun owners here.... local politicians don't care and don't understand logic.

How many times did gun rights folks get kicked out of gun issue meetings already over the years? lol. 

1 person likes this

Voter registration deadline is may 16 for primary. Postmarked 

http://www.njelections.org/voting-information.html#vrf

If you haven't registered or wish to affiliate with a party......

NJ local election primary's are of the closed type. Meaning you must be affiliated to vote in the primary. For instance if you wanted to vote against Murphy you need to be affiliated with the Democratic Party..... By May 16....

You can change party affiliation as often as you desire.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by " play the same game"....

1 hour ago, Smokin .50 said:

1.  I'm GETTING OUT!

2.  BEND OVER!

No organized push-back? Actually there is a group and with FAR more power than your gun group or all gun groups combined, its the NJ Republican party and look how its working out for them. No power in the State Assembly or Senate and a lame duck R gov who is extremely un-popular and at his best 2A moments was barely able to put a band aid on a leaky 2A cesspool. And no matter who has been in power here have our 2A laws ever gotten better? Has anything NJ did been reversed or even grandfathered ? No, its a downward slide that only slows when a R is at the helm. It doesnt matter who is in charge, NJ hates guns. Hell, the very ideology of the R party is in dire jeopardy here. The registered D's currently outnumber registered R's by 800,000 and growing. We are all too aware of how the dems feel about the gun culture here and the R's are fighting for their lives and probly have bigger issues on their mind than our guns. And it wont matter which D face is in the gov seat the anti 2A agenda is a constant. Doom & Gloom-absolutely!

6 people like this

^^^^I agree with absolutely everything you said (you posted shortly before me)

Unfortunately I personally like Guadagno, but she started facing off with Krispy Kreme way too late -  our RINO governor has absolutely tarnished the R name completely - the PBA and NJEA have been pissed off for years with Christie and now they are coming home to roost -

My last quarter of property taxes was just paid (and I'll get some of it back in 30 days when I close on my house, imagine that) - then its a 2 month lease back while we pack and close on a place in NC - come hell or high water we will be gone before election day here -

I didn't vote for Christie the second time around because I didn't see changes in the state, nor any rolling back of the progressive Democrat agenda (cough, Republicans in DC, cough) - the Rino's made their bed and let Christie cut deals with the dems for years and now the remaining citizens have to live with it.

I could talk up gun rights till I'm blue in the face but unfortunately having a Republican didn't do shit for that for 8 years - people want to see results, not stonewalling and keeping the status quo. 

Good luck my friends -

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Fred2 said:

I think sooner or later they are going to pass the law that breaks the camels back, and the SCOTUS will have to rule on NJ laws.

The safe act hasn't been repealed so let's say they just go that far?  What then?