Tony13

Any update on Monroe ranges?

When the delays started they should have stopped the pre construction early membership that’s a fact. The people that paid up front and waited this long should get some form of compensation regardless of the reasons for the delay.
I can understand both sides, but most of the major delays I believe were after the initial pre construction membership sales.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I understand your point but, in actuality they hit a snag as soon as they started digging that’s why the building was elevated. The early delays were obvious.The lower level was impossible. My main point was I give Recoil Range credit for not taking money up front till they open and who had more delays than them. I just think the people who paid $400 up front should get compensated in one form or another.

I understand your point but, in actuality they hit a snag as soon as they started digging that’s why the building was elevated. The early delays were obvious.The lower level was impossible. My main point was I give Recoil Range credit for not taking money up front till they open and who had more delays than them. I just think the people who paid $400 up front should get compensated in one form or another.

Recoil isn't a private club range. Meaning they will be per hour and have walk ins. UHGC will not be renting per hour.

Is it or will it be possible to take a “tour” of UH? I’m considering joining but would rather check the place out first.
I'm sure they could accommodates after the official opening. Until then they will likely be busy with getting everyone registered and last minute details. I toured it the other morning. I don't think there is anything to complain about.

Any details on amount of lanes, length of lanes, and can we shoot rifles there as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Upstairs 6-8 75'. Downstairs 18-20 135'.

Range is rate for .50BMG but last I heard .30 Caliber Rifle will be the limit.

Other than testing a rifle there really isn't much reason to shoot one indoors. For rifle join CJRPC.

Anyone know what the orientation schedules are going to be?  A little annoyed there was no mention that we were even going to have to attend something like this when I sent payment.. I work an odd schedule that normally doesn't allow me to do them, and this place being 24/7 was the reason I joined in the first place..

Anyone know what the orientation schedules are going to be?  A little annoyed there was no mention that we were even going to have to attend something like this when I sent payment.. I work an odd schedule that normally doesn't allow me to do them, and this place being 24/7 was the reason I joined in the first place..
I went by today. Right now it is a 2 step process. They are going in the order of registration. Pre-Construction members first. Takes about 5 minutes to get in the computer system, get you ID Badge, and register your fingerprints. Fingerprint will unlock the doors. It doesn't store your actual print but is an algorithm of your print. Bring Drivers License and FID when you receive email to register. After registering everyone has to go to a 15 minute orientation. Bring handgun, 10 rounds of ammo, eye and ear protection. This is a requirement of the insurance company. IIRC orientation schedule for the next 5 days is Friday 6:30pm, Saturday 1:00pm, Saturday 3:30pm, and Monday 6:30pm. So yes there will be 2 times everyone has to go at a certain time. After that it will be 24/7/365. IMO the owners are very accommodating and I am sure will work with people who have scheduling issues.

capt14K
I see no mention of firearm ,ammo in the paperwork i just downloded?

I'm going to orientation in the next few days. Today I was told by the owner bring handgun, 10 rounds, eye and ear protection. I will update what was involved with the orientation.

No they did not ask for NRA membership proof. Only NJ Drivers License and NJFID.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With Murphy looming in the wings clenching his hands to impose as many restrictions on NJ gun owners, it's inconceivable a range with a gun store in the same building has no NRA affiliation or NRA membership requirement. Is there any association with  ANJRPC? All that should have been addressed earlier but, I suppose its more of a range than a " club ". I suppose some clubs like OBRPC, Central Jersey, Citizens, South River, Monmouth etc. was established by people who have a love of the sport and not concerned about profits. So if I have this right this club was created by business men who are primarily motivated by profit and not concerned about the NRA, Murphy's gun grab and restrictions. Nothing wrong with making a profit but that club thing is BS. If you just want a place to sling ammo down range it seems like the right place. Annual fees, a store , and classes being offered for a fee. Drop the Club in its name and replace it with range.

There is only one owner. Well one family that owns it. The gun shop and training outfit are tenants. I suppose it is more of a range than a club, but that was a restriction put on them by the town. They can not have walkins who rent by the hour. Only paid yearly members so that is what makes it a club

Kind of reminds me of the after hours clubs outside NYC. You didn't pay a cover charge you bought a membership. There was one in NJ outside Philly called Balloons or Dukes. Didn't open til 1am closed at 5am then a dive bar down the street owned by the sane outfit opened at 6am.

3 minutes ago, S&W39 said:

With Murphy looming in the wings clenching his hands to impose as many restrictions on NJ gun owners, it's inconceivable a range with a gun store in the same building has no NRA affiliation or NRA membership requirement. Is there any association with  ANJRPC? All that should have been addressed earlier but, I suppose its more of a range than a " club ". I suppose some clubs like OBRPC, Central Jersey, Citizens, South River, Monmouth etc. was established by people who have a love of the sport and not concerned about profits. So if I have this right this club was created by business men who are primarily motivated by profit and not concerned about the NRA, Murphy's gun grab and restrictions. Nothing wrong with making a profit but that club thing is BS. If you just want a place to sling ammo down range it seems like the right place. Annual fees, a store , and classes being offered for a fee. Drop the Club in its name and replace it with range.

Well what do you expect the general manager of this club has several times shown to be anti 2a from stating that all gun sales should only be through an ffl to attacking guns for hire for renting firearms.

Well what do you expect the general manager of this club has several times shown to be anti 2a from stating that all gun sales should only be through an ffl to attacking guns for hire for renting firearms.
That general manager title is self given.

Well I've never been to a gun "club"  with a store in it.Yes, I heard about the self anointing title, what a pair of balls. The store owner "manager" will  probably be raking in the rewards while the building owner has to wait years to break even.That will get old real fast when the owner sees it for what it is.The self appointed manager store owner will be happy when Murphy stops internet gun sales. When they continued taking memberships dues during all the delays without an end in sight and kept people swinging in the breeze for years with no compensation was wrong. This gun store will have its array of groupie flunkies who will work for free to get a deal on a item. You see it all the time, it's F'n nauseating. Don't forget about the classes also another money maker. Lets wait for Recoil at least it's called a range and they never took upfront membership money.

While I enjoyed your blasting of the Self Appointed GM. I must correct you Recoil can not sell memberships. That is why they didn't take any. I suppose they could have pre sold hours but who would buy that?

Just now, capt14k said:

While I enjoyed your blasting of the Self Appointed GM. I must correct you Recoil can not sell memberships. That is why they didn't take any. I suppose they could have pre sold hours but who would buy that?

I think you might be wrong... They cant sell retail... Memberships should not be considered retail only access.

I think you might be wrong... They cant sell retail... Memberships should not be considered retail only access.   

They can sell hours not memberships. Their approvals were for a public range without retail. It's really just a technicality but how many would pre pay for a public range? Also there is no 24HR access at Recoil. Their approval was for 8am-10pm. So the two ranges are completely different. For the record Recoil can not require NRA membership as part of their zoning approval. 

Recoil is offering yearly or hourly rates. My point was Garden State Shooting Center, Shore Shot ,TTC in Flemington etc. sell guns and also offer hourly and yearly range time. So because the gun store in Union Hill is not owned by the landlord they can sell guns there, wow someone has a good line of shit or these regulations are very subjective to interpretation. So this manager gets to sell guns and the landlord hopes people will join the range. The store is probably open to the public and you don't even have to be a member. I think this landlord made a mistake. He only should have had a store there if the whole place was open to the public, but he was handcuffed by regulations. Is this guy paying rent for this store, and the instructors to use the class room? Sounds like a cluster F...k.

Recoil is offering yearly or hourly rates. My point was Garden State Shooting Center, Shore Shot ,TTC in Flemington etc. sell guns and also offer hourly and yearly range time. So because the gun store in Union Hill is not owned by the landlord they can sell guns there, wow someone has a good line of shit or these regulations are very subjective to interpretation. So this manager gets to sell guns and the landlord hopes people will join the range. The store is probably open to the public and you don't even have to be a member. I think this landlord made a mistake. He only should have had a store there if the whole place was open to the public, but he was handcuffed by regulations. Is this guy paying rent for this store, and the instructors to use the class room? Sounds like a cluster F...k.

I certainly hope the store and instructor are paying rent, or the instructor is working as the RO for free. Reading through the minutes of UHGC approvals the store is open to the public the range is not. The store can not rent firearms to someone off the street or let them try out a firearm unless they are a member of the club. Whether the store can rent to club members I'm not sure, but I don't see why not. I suppose the plan is the store will sell customers on memberships. So in theory they will be beneficial to each other. In actuality I see the range being there long term and a store being there, just not so sure it will be the same store in the future. Just to clarify for others the landlord owns the range. The store is a tenant.

Now here is an interesting development. It is rumored another company is in the process of getting approvals for a gun store in Manalapan that is 1.1 miles from the range (less than a mile as the crow flies). Currently they just deal in parts and ammo, not complete firearms or receivers. I don't know if they will get a retail location approval, but theoretically they could have customers pick up ammo at their "warehouse".