Tony13

Any update on Monroe ranges?

I heard  the store is not paying rent, if its true this landlord is foolish or I hope he rents out condos.
If that is true that is ridiculous. My guess is he convinced the owners he would act as RO. However it is a private club. There really isn't a need for a RO. There won't be one there at 3am. If the store really isn't paying rent my guess is there will be a rent paying store sooner than later.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I went tonight for orientation. Honestly was a waste of time for most experienced firearms owners but there looked to be a lot of new owners there. So maybe for our safety it was a good thing.

The parking problem reared its ugly head tonight and it was a major problem. There was a 6:30 orientation class and I think a 7:00pm class. The first class didn't end til 7:20pm because it started late because everyone had to move their cars from the side of the building because it is a firezone. This meant the handicap and rear parking were blocked in 3-4 cars deep. After the class but before shooting I moved my vehicle to a parking spot. There were also members signing up and members registering while the classes were going on. I'm not sure how many members are in the club but if it is more than 1,000 they need more parking. I have heard numbers as high as 3,000. If that is the case they need to buy the property across the street.

As for what is needed handgun, 10 rounds, ear and eye protection. You literally only get to fire 10 rounds. I brought an Enfield No2 MkI Revolver. Loaded and fired 6 and was only allowed to load 4 more. No shooting again til official opening. Which right now is Feb 3rd, unless the date gets moved up, which is a possibility. I don't see the opening date being moved back.

As for the private club part, it is not a private club like members of CJRPC and other truly private clubs are used to. Basically it is a private club after 10pm only because there are no ROs. During business hours I think there is going to be at least 2 ROs on duty at a time if not 4. There was at least 8 guys wearing ROC Training Shirts. If the club is paying for all those ROs I don't see how they can keep costs from skyrocketing. For the reloaders out there. Once your brass goes over the line it is no longer yours. Even after hours. You can not retrieve the brass over the line. You can't even call a cease fire to sweep it back and pick it up with a scooper.

They are allowing .50 Handguns, up to .45 Rifle which he said was everything up to .45 caliber. Not sure why anyone would want to shoot .338 Lapua but it is allowed. Also they allow shotguns in the Middle lanes. Maybe it's just me but I don't particularly like the shotgun indoors. Especially because sound proofing was not very good. You can hear every trigger pull from handguns outside. I hope the neighbors are cool. At least they are far away. Recoil will need much better soundproofing.

I haven’t been in yet. 

Got a new email tonight from Ira saying emails have been sent to all members to inform them when to come in.

problem is, I haven’t gotten one, and I have been paid since 3/7/16.

I sent an email to Ira and hopefully I get a response soon. 

I haven’t been in yet.  Got a new email tonight from Ira saying emails have been sent to all members to inform them when to come in. problem is, I haven’t gotten one, and I have been paid since 3/7/16.

I sent an email to Ira and hopefully I get a response soon. 

I probably should have mentioned I never received an email either. We aren't the only ones. I just stopped in on Monday because I saw cars when I passed by. Also you don't want to email Ira. Email Beth at the [email protected] address. Ira only owns Legend Firearms. Legend Firearms will be renting firearms but only to members and their guests. A customer of his who is not a member isn't supposed to rent a firearm or take one for a test ride according to the rules.

Also each member is allowed to bring up to 5 guests at a time and those 5 guests are each allowed to come 5 times. The way I understood it was you have 5 guest spots and 25 visits. If you bring one guest 5 times you can then use one of your other guest spots to bring them 5 more times. As long as you have a free guest spot. However you can't bring more than 5 different guests. For instance you can't bring one guest 10 times and 4 guests 3 times since you used 6 spots. Also you can't bring 8 different guests 3 different times each. Even though both are under 25 visits you exceeded the 5 guest spots.

I emailed Beth and all is worked out. Going to pick up my credentials today. 
The owners are very good about communicating. I hope everything works out for them. Glad you got it straightened out. You could probably get the orientation done today as well.

Went in this morning and got my credentials and ID, Beth and the family were very nice . I was very impressed with the facility. 

Doing my safety orientation Monday night at 8pm.

@capt14k Once again I am going to ask you to keep Recoil's name out of your mouth. Every time you post about our range, the information is false. I understand you somehow have very close ties to Union Hill, and thats fine, but when you post information that isn't correct, it is not fair to the public or us as future range owners. I'm not sure where in the approval you see that it says that we can not sell memberships. We cannot sell firearms, but we will sell memberships. The reason we have not taken pre-construction memberships is because it is a bad idea. With all of the delays involved in a project like this, we saw no reason to hold people's money hostage. You stated that we did not take memberships because we can't, and that's not at all true. You also stated that people wouldn't want to do pre-construction memberships on a public range. That is also not true, I have a whole list of people who have been begging me to take their money, and we just won't do it. I have no issue with you praising Union Hill and talking it up, but STOP giving false information about Recoil. 

Anyone with questions about Recoil can contact me and I would be happy to answer them. 

• Like 1

Lets end the bickering.  No need to attack one range over another...

Most people welcome a public range locally. Closest we have now is 45 min drive.

I belong to CJ but am excited to have a place 5 minutes from my house to shoot when i want to for an hourly rate.  its a good thing.

This is our enemy, Not each other.

26733471_10156174974132743_9162895092210504014_n.jpg.c00c539d5d2b834f33d1e6e5155c87f1.jpg

@remixer Agreed. I have no issue with Union Hill and have actually spoken to the owner  several times. We wish them well and think we can both "make it". I am just tired of signing on and seeing false information about our range and am afraid potential customers might see it and be turned away, and that's just not fair to us. 

3 minutes ago, Recoil said:

@remixer Agreed. I have no issue with Union Hill and have actually spoken to the owner  several times. We wish them well and think we can both "make it". I am just tired of signing on and seeing false information about our range and am afraid potential customers might see it and be turned away, and that's just not fair to us. 

I get it... The 2 ranges have completely different policies and client potential.  Union hill did not fill the void we have for a public range,recoil is doing that... Its a welcomed addition to the gun community.

Again i look forward to bringing my children to shoot locally. Its a PITA to drive 2 hours both ways to the range which is why i sadly don't shoot as often as i would like.

[mention=8404]capt14k[/mention] Once again I am going to ask you to keep Recoil's name out of your mouth. Every time you post about our range, the information is false. I understand you somehow have very close ties to Union Hill, and thats fine, but when you post information that isn't correct, it is not fair to the public or us as future range owners. I'm not sure where in the approval you see that it says that we can not sell memberships. We cannot sell firearms, but we will sell memberships. The reason we have not taken pre-construction memberships is because it is a bad idea. With all of the delays involved in a project like this, we saw no reason to hold people's money hostage. You stated that we did not take memberships because we can't, and that's not at all true. You also stated that people wouldn't want to do pre-construction memberships on a public range. That is also not true, I have a whole list of people who have been begging me to take their money, and we just won't do it. I have no issue with you praising Union Hill and talking it up, but STOP giving false information about Recoil.   

Anyone with questions about Recoil can contact me and I would be happy to answer them. 

How about we talk FTF I'm right down the street. Then maybe you can straighten things out. My info comes from town and minutes of the meeting. Which anyone else can read the minutes online. I agreed memberships can be sold but they are really unlimited range time. It's more of a technicality between private and public. 

I have nothing against either range nor do I work for or with UHGC. I did think the pre membership comment about not the right way to do business was out of line because being a private club their situation was different. For a public range it may not be the best option. Every situation is different and everyone makes their own decision.

i haven't stopped by, probably going to go next week to get my credentials and see about orientation dates.  but i'm starting to get a little concerned with possible magazine limits incoming from murphy the maggot.  i mean, i've read these pieces of shit may even try and go for a 5 round limit, which would make owning anything but certain revolver models illegal.  what are we supposed to do then?  membership at any gun range would become completely pointless.

When New Jersey starts voting all Republican in the elections is when we will see change. Most people vote their party even if it meant going to war, once a Democrat ALWAYS a Democrat.. Next is to get new blood into office.   All the old Democrats  and all their cronies should RETIRE already..

They are opening 2/3/18 and it’s going to be a great place to shoot. I have to say that the owner, Beth and her family were VERY friendly and accommodating, the range, lounge and gun shop are amazing and atmosphere is great!!!!..can’t wait for opening day!!!..I just got done with my orientation with ROC and don’t regret joining for one second!!!

They are opening 2/3/18 and it’s going to be a great place to shoot. I have to say that the owner, Beth and her family were VERY friendly and accommodating, the range, lounge and gun shop are amazing and atmosphere is great!!!!..can’t wait for opening day!!!..I just got done with my orientation with ROC and don’t regret joining for one second!!!

Gun shop isn't opened is it? Just the other day it looked the same as it did 3 months ago. My understanding is he is at least 3 months from opening possibly closer to 5 months.

Why do you think 3 to 5 months?

doesnt he just have to have the atf approval the address change and move inventory?

According to one person involved with the club, and another FFL, he didn't apply for the location move til the town gave the go ahead to open (which makes sense), and that it could take up to 6 months for all state approvals and inspections. 6 months sounded long to me and was said a month ago thus my estimate of 3 months.

I think I will stay away this weekend. I never Valet. I don't like people messing with my mirrors and seat, I don't like having to bring all my firearms out at once, and I certainly am not leaving them in my vehicle with a valet. Maybe middle of the night I will give it a shot.

7 hours ago, capt14k said:

I think I will stay away this weekend. I never Valet. I don't like people messing with my mirrors and seat, I don't like having to bring all my firearms out at once, and I certainly am not leaving them in my vehicle with a valet. Maybe middle of the night I will give it a shot.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, the gun range opening I was supposed to only do a "cameo appearance" at, well, now I have to SET IT ALL UP cause my guy that does these things has to work tomorrow.  So IF you wanna make an appearance (since you can walk there), I'll be the short guy dressed like a road cone in hunter orange :)