Tony13

Any update on Monroe ranges?

Yeah they rolled their eyes at that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard. Can't say it surprised me. Antis usually stick together (owners are not Antis) I just can't wrap my head around why we have so many Antis with FFLs in NJ. I guess they get into it for the money.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Anyone know the real answer to this....

at the orientation Rocco stated that targets needs to kept at minmimum 15 yards in the downstairs range.

Fine for rifles, but on the long side for pistols.

I asked a RSO during my first visit, and he said it’s a minimum 15 yards only for rifle downstairs, not for pistols....

anyone know the truth?

Anyone know the real answer to this....
at the orientation Rocco stated that targets needs to kept at minmimum 15 yards in the downstairs range.
Fine for rifles, but on the long side for pistols.
I asked a RSO during my first visit, and he said it’s a minimum 15 yards only for rifle downstairs, not for pistols....
anyone know the truth?
Right now it's a minimum 15 yards downstairs period. Not that anyone was following that rule early Sunday morning. Monday when I went around 10am the RO was enforcing it. Upstairs it is 5 yds. I agree that is a rule that needs changing. If there are not enough plates between floors than more should be added

Can someone explain to me why the press interviews this guy and why does he insist on lying about being the owner of UHGC? I went through all public filings his name is listed nowhere. He is not on the deed or mortgage. Maybe he doesn't realize it but saying you're the owner doesn't make you the owner. Also why say it is the largest range in NJ?

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/37453873/nra-backs-lawsuit-claiming-nj-handgun-policy-is-unconstitutional

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

Can someone explain to me why the press interviews this guy and why does he insist on lying about being the owner of UHGC? I went through all public filings his name is listed nowhere. He is not on the deed or mortgage. Maybe he doesn't realize it but saying you're the owner doesn't make you the owner. Also why say it is the largest range in NJ?

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/37453873/nra-backs-lawsuit-claiming-nj-handgun-policy-is-unconstitutional

The owners are looking dumber everyday, maybe they shouldn't own the club, maybe its best Ira owns and speaks for the club.

@Gunnz do you or anyone else have these rules and if so can you post them on this thread. We checked the site and Facebook page and saw nothing. Ray and I were planning on heading over there with a beer ball and 2 strippers. I could maybe understand that being against the rules, but we couldn't find anything that prohibited it.

It is DEFINITELY in the rules and every member was required to take the Safety course and it was explained there as well.

It is DEFINITELY in the rules and every member was required to take the Safety course and it was explained there as well.

You're late to the party we found the rule about guests. However strippers we still think are ok because they are hired help not guests.   

Also at orientation it was said 5 guests per year and 5x per guest.

For the record nothing was explained at my safety course for after hours guests. The first couple courses did not go so smooth.

You're late to the party we found the rule about guests. However strippers we still think are ok because they are hired help not guests.  

Also at orientation it was said 5 guests per year and 5x per guest.

LOL ok strippers I guess. But the way it was explained to me is you can bring a guest every single day of the year but you can’t bring the same guest more than 5X in a year.

LOL ok strippers I guess. But the way it was explained to me is you can bring a guest every single day of the year but you can’t bring the same guest more than 5X in a year.

He was all over the place. He told us 5 spots each guest 5x but one guest could use all 25 spots. According to the written rules that is not true.  

After hours guests was put on them by the town. Found it in meeting minutes. Range Officers were asked about, but was not required by the town. They will be going away eventually. Running the numbers I couldn't see how they could afford to pay even one full time range officer and especially not 2.

He was all over the place. He told us 5 spots each guest 5x but one guest could use all 25 spots. According to the written rules that is not true.  

After hours guests was put on them by the town. Found it in meeting minutes. Range Officers were asked about but was not required by the town. They will be going away eventually.

Go talk to Beth. She’ll clear it up.

Go talk to Beth. She’ll clear it up.

I did it is clear. Just saying what Rocco said at orientation. 

Rule is no after hours guests, but immediate family meaning spouse and minor children don't count as guests with upgraded membership which is only $25 more.

Each member can bring 5 guests and each guest can go 5x.

The Stripper Question I figured is best to run by Paul.

Edit: In case my wife ever sees this I am only kidding about the strippers

• Like 1

I did it is clear. Just saying what Rocco said at orientation. 

Rule is no after hours guests, but immediate family meaning spouse and minor children don't count as guests with upgraded membership which is only $25 more.

Each member can bring 5 guests and each guest can go 5x.

The Stripper Question I figured is best to run by Paul.

Edit: In case my wife ever sees this I am only kidding about the strippers

Talk to Beth about the members bringing guests. She’s the one that said something like “a member can bring a guest every day of the year - but they can’t bring the same guest more than 5 times.”

PS: ditto on the stripper lol

Talk to Beth about the members bringing guests. She’s the one that said something like “a member can bring a guest every day of the year - but they can’t bring the same guest more than 5 times.”

PS: ditto on the stripper lol

Maybe they changed it. I guess it makes sense if you are trying to get new members to join. A member brings 20 guests that is 20 possible new members vs only 5. Though I think at 1200 they are near capacity. I will have to ask again.

So to conclude we are positive that guests can't be brought between 10pm and 9am, and a specific guest can only come 5x before having to become a member themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe they changed it. I guess it makes sense if you are trying to get new members to join. A member brings 20 guests that is 20 possible new members vs only 5. Though I think at 1200 they are near capacity. I will have to ask again.

So to conclude we are positive that guests can't be brought between 10pm and 9am, and a specific guest can only come 5x before having to become a member themselves.

If you change it to “10am to 9pm” we can agree and this can go down in history and the first time two people who had a disagreement finally agreed on the Internet LOL

If you change it to “10am to 9pm” we can agree and this can go down in history and the first time two people who had a disagreement finally agreed on the Internet LOL

I can do that. Instead of can't bring guests between 10pm and 9am. It's actually can't bring guests between 9pm and 10am or can bring guests between 10am and 9pm as you stated.

Another item the range should probably take a look at is rifle caliber under. 45 is allowed. I specifically asked Rocco and he said .338 Lapua was fine because it is smaller than .45. Not sure if he knew what. 338 Lapua was. I also asked if. 30-06 was ok and I was told yes. I don't think backstop and plates currently installed could handle either.

I can do that. Instead of can't bring guests between 10pm and 9am. It's actually can't bring guests between 9pm and 10am or can bring guests between 10am and 9pm as you stated.

Another item the range should probably take a look at is rifle caliber under. 45 is allowed. I specifically asked Rocco and he said .338 Lapua was fine because it is smaller than .45. Not sure if he knew what. 338 Lapua was. I also asked if. 30-06 was ok and I was told yes. I don't think backstop and plates currently installed could handle either.

I’ve heard that the backstop can handle a 50bmg - just not over and over in the same spot so it’s not allowed (plus who could deal with the percussion??).

I’ve heard that the backstop can handle a 50bmg - just not over and over in the same spot so it’s not allowed (plus who could deal with the percussion??).

Yet they are allowing .338 Lapua?

Went in tonight and only the middle 5 lanes of the upstairs were open.  They were full, but no wait.

The right and left sections had closed signs on them.

I asked the worker there, (maybe Beth's mom) and she said she had no idea.

anyone else been there when it's busier and they have lanes down?

Back stop is rated for 50 Bmg, u can shoot anything up to but not including 338, 

as far as the lanes being close, someone shot a light down an the other side someone shot a track 

I was also told thy down stairs they are going to start to “clear” members to shoot pistols at a closer range, they are afraid of people shooting close An not hitting the backstop first 

Shooting down a light ?

the lights are pretty much flush with the ceiling.

if the minimum distance downstairs isn’t changed, or members aren’t cleared to shoot closer, I will have to think about renewing next year. 

I shoot a lot of short barreled pistols and shooting at minimum 15 yards is a pain.

Back stop is rated for 50 Bmg, u can shoot anything up to but not including 338, 
as far as the lanes being close, someone shot a light down an the other side someone shot a track 
I was also told thy down stairs they are going to start to “clear” members to shoot pistols at a closer range, they are afraid of people shooting close An not hitting the backstop first 
27. 50 caliber handgun and rifles under .45 calibers only. Muzzle loaders are not
permitted.

When did the rule change to up to but not including .338? They haven't changed it on the site.

Though they did make other changes

During normal business hours RSOs will assist with clearing range of spent casings.
a. If members would like to retrieve their own brass, please notify the RSO
prior to doing so.
16. After hours, all members are required to retrieve their own spent casings and
dispose of them in the appropriate containers.
17. Drawing from holsters, shooting from multiple positions and rapid fire will require an
endorsement from an approved R.O.C. Training instructor.
a. Rapid fire will be determined by an RSO on duty or UHGC management
IMPROTANT NOTE - This will only be allowed during normal business
hours.
18. Shooting at any targets other than paper is not permitted, unless supplied by Union
Hill Gun Club.
19. Shooting at targets in lanes other than your own is not permitted
20. Shotguns will only be permitted in the middle shooting stalls
21. Any damage to equipment due to abuse is the shooters responsibility.

Now you can get your brass over the line? Rocco was very clear once it goes over the line too bad. If I'm reading that correct that is a good change.

It’s seems like there everyone has a different answer.    Ira is the one that told me about the calibers.    

Yea someone shot the target an it  ricocheted  off the steel in from of the clamp to hold the cardboard right into the light fixture 

What they need to to is all sit down figure the rules an post them on both door heading into the upper an lower ranges      

They should also have a convo with the rso’s that if they see people shooting down stairs a. Know what they are doing that they can shoot closer then 15 yards 

they also need to get rid of the folding tables an build some builtins for ur gear An clothes 

need some type of vending machines for beverages 

an last they need to make something that attaches to the shooting platform so when trying to site in a rifle it will actually hold the rifle 

Paul & Beth are nice folks (the owners).  They're still busy "putting-out fires" and learning by doing.  The entire facility is a work in-progress.  Members are donating artwork for the member lounge (I was there for my 3rd visit last week).  Couches are comfy enough to take a nap.  They have a great location & the demographics within 3/4 hour drive are impressive!  When the weather warms-up someone will ask for a soda machine.  A wet bar in the members lounge, with a small fridge & counter would be nice so members could host small parties.  Working-out the HVAC wrinkles will allow for an expanding membership base.  

As long as no one invites any more RINO's runnin' for Congress with Mom's Demand & Gabby Giffords buttons on their Facebook page to show-up at a grand opening (BYE Felicia Stoler!) I think the range will make a nice go of it!  Rules will eventually be posted (they'll figure THIS out & a whole lot more) so everyone gets on the same page.  To sum it all up, it's called "growing pains" ladies & gents... 

Shooting down a light ?
the lights are pretty much flush with the ceiling.
if the minimum distance downstairs isn’t changed, or members aren’t cleared to shoot closer, I will have to think about renewing next year. 
I shoot a lot of short barreled pistols and shooting at minimum 15 yards is a pain.

I agree. Especially when I'm testing an Iver Johnson .380 Pony to see what ammo actually feeds. After buying every box of .380ACP SG Ammo had in stock, I found only the Blazer Brass fed 5 consecutive rounds. So problem solved. Every round was on target, which was only 20 total rounds, but a phone call came in. So I fired 8 rounds of .32ACP out of 1907 Savage at 15 yds and left. These pistols were designed for 10yds or less.

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

I agree. Especially when I'm testing an Iver Johnson .380 Pony to see what ammo actually feeds. After buying every box of .380ACP SG Ammo had in stock, I found only the Blazer Brass fed 5 consecutive rounds. So problem solved. Every round was on target, which was only 20 total rounds, but a phone call came in. So I fired 8 rounds of .32ACP out of 1907 Savage at 15 yds and left. These pistols were designed for 10yds or less.

Beth called from home to “remind” you of the 15 yard minimum?

Beth called from home to “remind” you of the 15 yard minimum?
She called the red phone and someone from the other room came in and said something to me. I was done with the Iver Johnson Pony. I did want to work with the 1907 Savage a little more, but starting at 15yds with such a small pistol at 10:30pm wasn't going to work.