Tony13

Any update on Monroe ranges?

8 minutes ago, capt14k said:

She called the red phone and someone from the other room came in and said something to me. I was done with the Iver Johnson Pony. I did want to work with the 1907 Savage a little more, but starting at 15yds with such a small pistol at 10:30pm wasn't going to work.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

e09e60154a6484e9d86d8843ad8e804ad59eb252.jpg.6a5685622e7166f5d8b589cbff9bf464.jpg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ROC Training said:

Greetings Folks.  This chain is massive.  I'm here to answer any questions you have.  If I don't know the answer I'll find out.  Hopefully I get the notifications.

Go.....

Welcome....

Can we get clarification of the club hours.

1. On the website it says 8am-10pm. (7 days a week)(upstairs)

2. At orientation we were told 10am to 9pm (7 days a week)(upstairs)

3. Tonight I was told it was Sunday through Thurdays 10am to 8pm, and Friday-Saturday 10am to 9pm. (Upstairs)

i understand that the downstairs in 24hours , 365 days a year, but I pretty much shoot pistols exclusively, and shooting at a minimum distance of 15 yards with many handguns isn't very fun.

Welcome....
3. Tonight I was told it was Sunday through Thurdays 10am to 8pm, and Friday-Saturday 10am to 9pm. (Upstairs)
i understand that the downstairs in 24hours , 365 days a year, but I pretty much shoot pistols exclusively, and shooting at a minimum distance of 15 yards with many handguns isn't very fun.
To add to the question is there still going to be a qualification to be able to shoot pistol downstairs? I concur with shooting certain pistols such as Derringer, Velodog, H&R Top Break, .380 Pony, 1907 Savage, 1924 Mauser, 1934 Beretta, and other such pistols at 15 yds is a PIA. If there is qualification what is the process?

4 minutes ago, capt14k said:

To add to the question is there still going to be a qualification to be able to shoot pistol downstairs? I concur with shooting certain pistols such as Derringer, Velodog, H&R Top Break, .380 Pony, 1907 Savage, 1924 Mauser, 1934 Beretta, and other such pistols at 15 yds is a PIA. If there is qualification what is the process?

I was gonna ask about that next but wanted to start slow.

I shoot a lot of pistols with 3 inch barrels and under and although I am confident I could hit a target at 15yards, I rather shoot the pistol at a more appropriate range. 

Seems like the rules of this club need some clarification. They had about 4years to iron this out. Some people still think the "self appointed" manager is the owner, that especially needs to be straightened out once and for all. The actual owners should take out some adds listing themselves as the owners. Enough is enough.

10 hours ago, Gunnz said:

Welcome....

Our normal business hours have changed within the past few weeks.  Here they are:
Monday thru Thursday = 10am - 8pm
Friday = 10am - 9pm
Saturday = 10am - 9pm
Sunday = 10am - 6pm

These times do not reflect Legend Firearms or ROC Training's hours of operation

As of today 15  yards is the minimum for our lower range.  Usually Ranges with distances greater than 30-35 yards set minimums to ensure shooters hit the bullet traps and reduce ricochets that could impact equipment or the shooters themselves.

10 hours ago, capt14k said:

There is quick ordination and qualification once you sign up for membership.  Once completed that allows you to shoot in either range.   We have others qualifications for holster draw, multiple positions and rapid fire.  We are not performing those just yet.  Probably within the next couple of weeks. 

That’s a huge reduction of hours that limits usage of the upstairs “pistol” range.

When signing up 2 years ago I really thought members would have 24 hour access to all the lanes.

There is quick ordination and qualification once you sign up for membership.  Once completed that allows you to shoot in either range.   We have others qualifications for holster draw, multiple positions and rapid fire.  We are not performing those just yet.  Probably within the next couple of weeks. 
I meant at 5yds. Should have included that.

Is there any truth to the rumor that those taking the Basic Pistol Course for Florida Concealed Carry class are qualifying on the range and aren't Members? Isn't range only for members? Or are those taking the course considered guests? Or is there an exception?

FYI anyone on the forum looking to get Florida CCW you only need a NJ Hunting License and your local PD will do the fingerprints for free. No class needed

Utah does not require qualifying but does require class.

• Like 1

I would think that any ROC training course that involves live fire will be using the indoor range.
assuming here, not facts 
My understanding was range can only be used by members and guests. I know board was specific about Legend Firearms not being able to rent firearms or have customers who are not guests try out firearms on range. If he signed up customer as member then that was fine. That is also a benefit to the owners of the range.

12 minutes ago, cabalrayz said:

4. Due to spread pattern of the Mossberg 590 shockwave and the remington tac14, we have decided to prohibit the discharge of those weapons at the range.

was newsletter sent by email today 

How much difference is the spread pattern on 4 inches less of barrel?

are they allowing birdshot?

Because a rso shot the lights with it
So it sounds like the truth of the matter is someone couldn't handle the shotgun? I'm not seeing where the spread pattern is that different than a regular shotgun.

https://rifleshooter.com/2018/01/mossberg-590-shockwave-20-gauge-buckshot-selection-and-patterning/

So, can’t even shoot slugs? Don’t really understand that, as if that is your argument, just ban all shotguns. I haven’t seen those firearms patterning too extreme, even at 25 yards.

Good to know. One of my relatives might be signing up there... so if I go as a guest, I’ll remember not to bring my TAC-14.

So, can’t even shoot slugs? Don’t really understand that, as if that is your argument, just ban all shotguns. I haven’t seen those firearms patterning too extreme, even at 25 yards.

Good to know. One of my relatives might be signing up there... so if I go as a guest, I’ll remember not to bring my TAC-14.
What happened to ROC Training. Thought he was here to provide answers. He seems to have disappeared.

RSO shot out lights with a Shockwave/TAC-14, and now they are banned... doesn’t that sound pretty similar to this AR15 crap since Florida?

Don’t know what turns me off more... a rule written in such a way that they make the firearm in question seem SO terrible (I own one, and while their role is limited, it isn’t like you have a 5’ spread at 25 yards), or that someone in charge of safety there did it. We all make mistakes, but really? Is the RSO still working?

They are definitely allowed to make their own rules, but that one just wouldn’t sit right with me. If they said due to inconsistency of grip, or difficulty with sighting... I would even post (valid criticism that can be argued). Spread is not much different than any other shotgun...

• Like 1