Tony13

Any update on Monroe ranges?

Does anyone know the background of these RSOs, training, qualifications and experience?

They don't know anything about Japanese Nambus. Other than that I don't know. I believe it was said at initiation meeting that they were all trained by and worked for ROC.

I think there all roc’s guys

They all work for ROC and are being paid by the owners of the gun club. I was told they were phasing them out. This was before the lights were shot out. Being it is a private club they are not needed by any law or regulation. The owners have been providing them at their cost for the members.

A quick story I found a little annoying. I took my youngest there one morning and she was shooting ok in a section we had to ourselves. Until RSO decided to shoot one booth from us. I believe it was 10mm. Once he started shooting she started to flinch on every shot of his. It could have been anyone else shooting, but it was a little annoying that it was an RSO who was working. I thought this meant over seeing the lines. She does need to get used to it. In all fairness overall I did see them being helpful.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Where did u here that there phasing them out an looking to replace legend firearms?

I was told by another FFL that he was approached about moving in there, but this was over a year ago and he doesn't operate a full time business. There is nothing active to replace Legend Firearms that I know of. Though he has pissed off many in the firearms community with his interviews, the wife is very happy with him.

The owners told me they would be phasing out the range officers. They are providing them as a service to the members, especially because so many members are new to shooting. They couldn't possibly be profitable paying an RSO and on busy days and nights (2) RSO.

10 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I was told by another FFL that he was approached about moving in there, but this was over a year ago and he doesn't operate a full time business. There is nothing active to replace Legend Firearms that I know of. Though he has pissed off many in the firearms community with his interviews, the wife is very happy with him.

The owners told me they would be phasing out the range officers. They are providing them as a service to the members, especially because so many members are new to shooting. They couldn't possibly be profitable paying an RSO and on busy days and nights (2) RSO.

"I was told by another FFL that he was approached about moving in there, but this was over a year ago and he doesn't operate a full time business"

Since people know I'm your FFL I want to clarify that I was NOT the FFL who told you anyone was being replaced.

"I was told by another FFL that he was approached about moving in there, but this was over a year ago and he doesn't operate a full time business"

Since people know I'm your FFL I want to clarify that I was NOT the FFL who told you anyone was being replaced.

No it was not[mention=3597]Remixer[/mention]. I should have clarified that.

Note to all- 

look at ROC class schedule before heading to the range.

parking lot was full, and the class monopolized all of the upstairs range. 

2 hours ago, Gunnz said:

Note to all- 

why would non members get range priority over members?  Having 50% of the range not usable by paying members during peak times (weekends) doesn't make any sense, i would talk to the owners about this.

After waiting 5 minutes to park, I went in with a pistol and some 22 rifles, I asked Beth if upstairs was full, she told me it was and that Rocco was finishing up a class.

I went downstairs to shoot the rifles.

after about 45 minutes I went upstairs to shoot my pistol, and the range was still full and people were waiting.  I just left. 

After waiting 5 minutes to park, I went in with a pistol and some 22 rifles, I asked Beth if upstairs was full, she told me it was and that Rocco was finishing up a class.
I went downstairs to shoot the rifles.
after about 45 minutes I went upstairs to shoot my pistol, and the range was still full and people were waiting.  I just left. 

I said it in the beginning the stores are going to be an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Note to all- 

I was going over there with a relative, who lives around the corner... but also was dead set on joining.

That full lot, with people parking on the side of the road, completely turned someone away, who was ready to sign up. And to be honest, I really couldn’t come up with an excuse for the situation... even after passing along the ROC schedule to them. Sorry, but hard to argue when they are shelling out $400 for a membership that they can’t get to shoot on a Sunday.

I was going over there with a relative, who lives around the corner... but also was dead set on joining.

That full lot, with people parking on the side of the road, completely turned someone away, who was ready to sign up. And to be honest, I really couldn’t come up with an excuse for the situation... even after passing along the ROC schedule to them. Sorry, but hard to argue when they are shelling out $400 for a membership that they can’t get to shoot on a Sunday.
Good point. I went during the week and they were standing outside waiting for me a friend of mine to finish shooting. Once we did the upstairs was filled. I wouldn't have been happy if I went at 7:45 instead of 7:00pm. The lot was full and range was empty when we got there.

On 2/23/2018 at 9:10 PM, Gunnz said:

Welcome....

Can we get clarification of the club hours.

1. On the website it says 8am-10pm. (7 days a week)(upstairs)

2. At orientation we were told 10am to 9pm (7 days a week)(upstairs)

3. Tonight I was told it was Sunday through Thurdays 10am to 8pm, and Friday-Saturday 10am to 9pm. (Upstairs)

i understand that the downstairs in 24hours , 365 days a year, but I pretty much shoot pistols exclusively, and shooting at a minimum distance of 15 yards with many handguns isn't very fun.

12 hours ago, Screwball said:

Folks,

Clarification; our classes do not utilize half of the range space. Parking can be challenging on the weekends and we are taking steps to free up spaces in the future. Members have priority over non-members.

If we ever have a class and you can’t park. Come see me directly.

ROC

So it seems there was a bit a drama here last night (based on the 40 Emails) i got from the forum updates.

I would appreciate if @Zeke would not bring my name into an argument that has zero to do with me.

@capt14k, @cabalrayz and @Ira Levin's issues are not my problem. Whatever issues they have are between them, The insinuation by @Zeke that i have orchestrated it or have to (control my dogs) when grown men argue over personal issues is insulting and i take personal offense at the accusation.

I am owed an apology.

43 minutes ago, remixer said:

So it seems there was a bit a drama here last night (based on the 40 Emails) i got from the forum updates.

I would appreciate if @Zeke would not bring my name into an argument that has zero to do with me.

@capt14k, @cabalrayz and @Ira Levin's issues are not my problem. Whatever issues they have are between them, The insinuation by @Zeke that i have orchestrated it or have to (control my dogs) when grown men argue over personal issues is insulting and i take personal offense at the accusation.

I am owed an apology.

I am sorry 

• Like 1

Just now, Krdshrk said:

You just covered a lot of apologies for a lot of things, Ray :D

One of the requirements of being a man is admitting you are wrong, and owning up to it.

• Like 1