Tony13

Any update on Monroe ranges?

At least Recoil Range did not accept pre construction membership money and then wait..The other Monroe range took money and people have been waiting over 2 years, not right. I had a feeling the Union Hill club would open sooner anyway(politics) if and when,

• Like 2

Union hill posted on Facebook they hope to open by the end of June.

bullet traps have been done for a few months, seems to be slooooow moving 

24 minutes ago, S&W39 said:

At least Recoil Range did not accept pre construction membership money and then wait..The other Monroe range took money and people have been waiting over 2 years, not right. I had a feeling the Union Hill club would open sooner anyway(politics) if and when,

Would be cool to have another range or two, absolutely.  Amazed so many issues.  Maybe some money issues as well?

The good thing both of these ranges are doing though is they are the owners of their own buildings, and not leasing out the space.

Last i heard was end of July / Aug.

15 hours ago, Maksim said:

Would be cool to have another range or two, absolutely.  Amazed so many issues.  Maybe some money issues as well?

The good thing both of these ranges are doing though is they are the owners of their own buildings, and not leasing out the space.

The Union Hill delays have nothing do with with politcs and more to do with building codes.

On 5/10/2017 at 0:36 PM, Maksim said:

Ah, just was able to find it.

https://www.facebook.com/RecoilNJ

Looks like some bad luck as of a month or two ago and they have to redo even more land.

Jeez. 

Apparently you cant build on Top soil :)

I'm sure they will get it built at some point... it would be nice to have a non membership local range. Closest to us is 45 min

• Like 1

1 minute ago, remixer said:

Apparently you cant build on Top soil :)

I'm sure they will get it built at some point... it would be nice to have a non membership local range. Closest to us is 45 min

is UH member only?

10 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Weird, so how did Recoil get the better deal? =)  How does the town even dictate that it has to be member only?

its different.

Recoil can have Members an Open to Public BUT no FFL to sell guns
Union Hill has to be membership ONLY but can have FFL and sell guns.

2 hours ago, remixer said:

its different.

Recoil can have Members an Open to Public BUT no FFL to sell guns
Union Hill has to be membership ONLY but can have FFL and sell guns.

heh, touch choice.

In reality, they could of just make membership $10 a year. 

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

heh, touch choice.

In reality, they could of just make membership $10 a year. 

I'm sure no one would notice LOL  

Not something to play games with.. i'm pretty sure you would be gone before you can even spell membership.

The end of June date was posted by them this past weekend....

I don't believe it though, they also stated they don't have permanent power or gas, which is odd since the structure has been up since last fall.

3 hours ago, Gunnz said:

The end of June date was posted by them this past weekend....

I don't believe it though, they also stated they don't have permanent power or gas, which is odd since the structure has been up since last fall.

I believe Ira posted that they were putting in Gas, but then found there were already lines going to the property so switched to that.

According to membership emails, the gas furnaces and hvac was on site and installed. Gas is way more economical than propane.

but, FB said they weren't hooked up to gas or electric yet...

I'm hoping they open ASAP, but I'm not too hopeful. 

At Recoil, we’ve had our fair share of setbacks, but we think we have finally hit the last (big) roadblock. We have begun excavating the site and that should hopefully be completed by next week (pending weather). After that, we are planning on beginning construction within the month. I can’t give an opening date at this point since the reality is we honestly thought we would have been up and running 2 years ago. That being said, it will be built, and we will be offering hourly lane rentals as well as memberships for those more frequent shooters. I’m happy to answer any questions anyone may have if you want to send me a private message or post below on this thread. Thanks for all of your interest and patience! 

As an Architect I call bullshit. 

I spoke with the guys who are behind Recoil.  Good dudes.  We gave them a proposal for A/E services but I suppose we were to expensive and they didn't go with us.

How was there not a soils/boring report done before?  I don't begin design of any new commercial structure without a soils report specifically for that reason.  Who designed foundations without having a soils report?  I wouldn't even do this on a new house.  What, you just assume 3000PSF soil?  I don't think so.  The proposal we gave Recoil specifically stated that a soils report was required prior to start of design.  Had I seen that the soil was shit, I would have designed a foundation to deal with it.  Every heard of piles?  Structural slabs? Someone screwed the pooch here. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2017 at 11:01 AM, Alex V said:

As an Architect I call bullshit. 

I spoke with the guys who are behind Recoil.  Good dudes.  We gave them a proposal for A/E services but I suppose we were to expensive and they didn't go with us.

How was there not a soils/boring report done before?  I don't begin design of any new commercial structure without a soils report specifically for that reason.  Who designed foundations without having a soils report?  I wouldn't even do this on a new house.  What, you just assume 3000PSF soil?  I don't think so.  The proposal we gave Recoil specifically stated that a soils report was required prior to start of design.  Had I seen that the soil was shit, I would have designed a foundation to deal with it.  Every heard of piles?  Structural slabs? Someone screwed the pooch here. 

I agree, I have been a civil engineer for over 20 years and in NJ you can't build anything without a comprehensive geotechnical report whether it's continuous footing, pier foundation or a septic system. Someone messed up. Jesus Christ at least look at the GIS soils maps!!!

Many people paid for pre-construction memberships for this club and have been waiting 2 years longer than expected. I think this will have an effect on membership renewals and you can't blame them. These people should be compensated for waiting this long enough is enough. I respect the owners of Recoil Range for not accepting membership fees till they are certain of their situation.

11 minutes ago, S&W39 said:

Many people paid for pre-construction memberships for this club and have been waiting 2 years longer than expected. I think this will have an effect on membership renewals and you can't blame them. These people should be compensated for waiting this long enough is enough. I respect the owners of Recoil Range for not accepting membership fees till they are certain of their situation.

Thanks.  I also reached out to Recoil and discussed their range with them and they are now supporting the forum community as a vendor, even though they are not open. 

Do respect them as well for not accepting pre-construction memberships.

Well July passed.  So did September.  Hoping for the end of the year with Union Hill Gun Club.  The Owners of Union Hill Gun Club, The Piccones, seem like nice enough people and I don't think they intended on the long delays.  I was in there over the summer and they were starting to drywall so it should be sooner than later.  I pass it every day and there is activity.

Hopefully it will open soon, as I, and hundreds of other people have paid over a year and half ago.
I hope the place lives up to the "hype"
There were a lot of mistakes made during construction. There should have been a project manager.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Gunnz said:

I've heard "rumors" that the club will not live up to the hype.

I am reserving my judgment until it opens and I see everything for myself. 

I'v heard similar accounts. I would agree and say reserve judgement until it eventually opens.