Does it look cool? Does it make you drool?  Does it quiet noise?  Oops, sorry you live in NJ?  Then NFW!  You cannot be trusted with it, and why would you want one anyway?  You gun nut, it's people like you the NJSP needs to keep an eye on.  Your just a criminal looking for an opportunity!

• Like 2

Pretty cool.

I assume this would still require the federal tax stamp?    That doesn't help us here, of course, I mean in those states that actually recognize the federal government.

TITLE 2C - THE NEW JERSEY CODE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
2c:39
2C:39-3 - Prohibited weapons and devices

c.Silencers.  Any person who knowingly has in his possession any firearm silencer is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

Regardless of what any "expert" says, in the end what matters is:

Can a prosecutor convince a jury that the barrel on that ruger is a firearm silencer?

If so, you're getting convicted.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Grapeshot said:

Doesn't matter, you are still SOL. Suppressors, suppressed barrels, shrouds - they are all the same here. Gamo makes pellet rifles with suppressed barrels, and you can't have one of those either. 

At first I didn't believe you.
Never looked at air guns before. And new very little about them.
But after I did my research, I'm f**king shocked. it's true. BB/Pellet guns are considered firearms in NJ :shok:

14 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Regardless of what any "expert" says, in the end what matters is:

Can a prosecutor convince a jury that the barrel on that ruger is a firearm silencer?

If so, you're getting convicted.

You cant physically even take possession of one with out filing  for an NFA tax stamp. i guess you could always try.. if it goes through(zero chance) i cant imagine being prosecuted for it...

39 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

You cant physically even take possession of one with out filing  for an NFA tax stamp. i guess you could always try.. if it goes through(zero chance) i cant imagine being prosecuted for it...

BATFE won't issue approve a tax stamp for a suppressor for an NJ resident. They know you can't have it here legally so you get denied right there.

Interesting fact:

"Slingshots became banned in New Jersey when the law was adopted because some idiot didn't know the difference between a 'slungshot' and a slingshot. Originally the prohibition was to be for 'slungshots' which is something similar to a blackjack and primarily used for hitting people on the head. Unfortunately some legislative geek changed the 'U' to an 'I' and slingshot became a 'per se weapon.'"

- Nappen II: New Jersey Gun, Knife & Weapon Law by Evan Nappen

26 minutes ago, Grapeshot said:

Interesting fact:

"Slingshots became banned in New Jersey when the law was adopted because some idiot didn't know the difference between a 'slungshot' and a slingshot. Originally the prohibition was to be for 'slungshots' which is something similar to a blackjack and primarily used for hitting people on the head. Unfortunately some legislative geek changed the 'U' to an 'I' and slingshot became a 'per se weapon.'"

- Nappen II: New Jersey Gun, Knife & Weapon Law by Evan Nappen

Just another example how fugged up this state is.