DirtyDigz

An anecdote in support of home carry

From elsewhere:

One of my very first murder scenes as a uniformed officer was a guy toes up halfway in/halfway out of his door and in his boxer shorts. Someone had dumped a mag of .25 in him. Evidence indicated he was gut shot, fell down, and they they emptied it into his face. I spent over 3 hours clearing guns to transport to the property room for safe keeping until next of kin could be notified. Eleventy bajillion loaded guns in the house, dead on the door step in his boxers.

I carry around the house, during lawn work, etc. I'm not into stash guns for a variety of reasons.

1 hour ago, orangesolo said:

It's all good until one day you forget that you have it on you, leave the house, and then get stopped and searched.

First, leaving it on your purse is your own fault. 

Second, why would you get stopped and searched?  Are we living in Berlin in 1938?

• Like 4

On 5/14/2017 at 7:20 PM, orangesolo said:

It's all good until one day you forget that you have it on you, leave the house, and then get stopped and searched.

Anyone who walks out of their house in NJ and forgets they have a firearm on their person should probably not own a firearm in the first place.

• Like 4

On 5/14/2017 at 8:58 PM, Ray Ray said:

First, leaving it on your purse is your own fault. 

Second, why would you get stopped and searched?  Are we living in Berlin in 1938?

LOL!!

Be nice!

After moving out to the sticks, I keep one on my side all the time. Property backs up to woodlands where there is known black bears and coyotes living. With two dogs, and the fact I'm outside a lot it just makes sense. Either way, I'm ready for a predator.