CageFighter

Z06 vs Guns!

Been itching for a newer 2015-17 C7 Z06 Corvette, but the price is still up there.  How many of you would sell some of your firearms to offset the purchase price of the car?  Im fighting the demons now and it sucks.  Seems like a $20+k cash down payment is not enuff to make a reasonable monthly payment.  SMH!

I wouldn't. I have a 1999 C5 and it's more car than I can (or care to) max out safely on public roads. So a Z06 of any series IMO is overkill. Of course, like an NFA item or any collectible firearm, if you gots to have it....

I wouldn't argue against it. A man's got to know his priorities. I've thought several times about updating to a used C6, after I got used to the exposed headlights. But the rear end of a C7 still looks like a Camaro to me.

I vote for a worked c5 or c6 z06. Do you have as many guns as you NEED or as many as you WANT? Do you want less guns for more car? I thinned out the collection a little to afford my civic because I had more guns then I really need and wanted a new ride at a cheaper payment

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Keep the guns, get the car.  One year from now you will ask yourself how you  ever considered selling some to get the car. More than once I "robbed Peter to pay Paul" and regretted it later, cause I came to realize Peter and Paul can co exist.  Go for it. 

• Like 1

As a Ford fan I find this title misleading, I came here to see some carnage.

I've thought about selling guns to fund building my jeep. I haven't sold any guns and the jeep gets built slower. I only sell guns to buy other guns. Got to have priorities. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 67gtonut said:

Well..... my answer is going to be obvious.....

I would sell them all for the right car.... 

If I had had the money in 1966 it would have been a '66 Goat.

Well, to state the obvious....

Guns are an asset, that usually goes up in value over time.

Cars... well you know the deal.  Although who would ever imagine third generation mullet machines going up in price (Turd gens F-bodies are now collectible, wow).

I think a C7 is still a long far away from being a collectible and has plenty more to drop.

How often are you actually going to drive it?  Will it be a daily driver or a track day car?  If track day, how often are you actually going to use it?  My brother bought a new c6 Z06 but seldom actually drove it,  especially in jersey weather.

the alternative is... borrow one or rent one every few months to your hearts content.

In the mean time, get the GM credit card and start earning those points towards a GM.  Start shopping and wait for someone who Needs to sell theirs and snap it up.  We are bound to have a recession in the near future and those are the first toys to go.

Another alternative, join a car club (where you buy a membership and can use the clubs cars x amount of days).

TLDR, Cars are depreciating asset, I would keep guns, rent or borrow a C7 a few times a year for track days and still come out ahead.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 67gtonut said:

Well..... my answer is going to be obvious.....

I would sell them all for the right car.... 

This has me totally lost.  Because it's foolish and dangerous.

3 hours ago, Purple Patrick said:

Do you have as many guns as you NEED or as many as you WANT? Do you want less guns for more car? I thinned out the collection a little to afford my civic because I had more guns then I really need and wanted a new ride at a cheaper payment

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

i have more than i need.  mostly all unfired safe queens.

3 hours ago, fishnut said:

As a Ford fan I find this title misleading, I came here to see some carnage.

I've thought about selling guns to fund building my jeep. I haven't sold any guns and the jeep gets built slower. I only sell guns to buy other guns. Got to have priorities. 

I made alot of $$$ street racing my old Ford Mustang!  Im really a Ford guy, but the new C7 Z06 or even a GS is cherry!  (i think the vette is in a class all by itself.)

ps:   im shopping for a C7, not a C6.

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

Well, to state the obvious....

We are bound to have a recession in the near future and those are the first toys to go.

Plus, this is a toy purchase that is dependent upon financing... hello, non-deductible interest payments.

Nope.

hey if you've got the dough, why not.  you only live once.

a buddy of mine just bought a brand new 2017 M3...  cash...  but he's rich as f*ck and probably could've bought a couple that day.  me... I don't think i'll ever buy a car that expensive unless I hit the power ball.  If I was single and didn't have baby #2 coming, I might consider it, but I wouldn't sell my guns.

I have a 2015 C7 Z51. its the fastest car I've ever driven. The z06 will get o from 0 to 60 a full second faster than a z51. IMO its not worth the money or the overheating problems the z06's are having. I've yet to max mine out. Even with all the computers and traction control the wheels still break loose when you get on it.from a standstill.  The only way I would trade mine and maybe get another is when all wheel drive comes out . Than you can lay down more HP. You can pickup  a nice 2014 or 2015 z51 at a good price. 

If the guns are not being used what good are they?  Get your vette and have a blast.  now tell me what you've got so we can get the buy a vette fund started. 

4 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

If the guns are not being used what good are they?  Get your vette and have a blast.  now tell me what you've got so we can get the buy a vette fund started. 

So in that case.... 95% of my guns are useless. =P

Here is the things, guns are collectibles as well and to some, you can just appreciate it by looking at it, or knowing the history.

Yes, you can say the same about a car.... but how long is it going to be before a new Glock 19, M&P Shield or an AR-15 becomes "historic" and collectible?

And again, how often are you actually going to drive the thing?  

Is it a full time daily driver?  If not, it is almost like a jet ski..... and you can't compare it to a classic fbody, mustang, goat.  It will get there at some point... but not in the next 30 years. lol.

I love the C7's and I rent one any time I have a chance while on a trip.... I had a blast renting one for two days, driving it from Orlando airport down to FLL and then back, hitting triple digits on the Florida pike at times.  I also enjoyed having a C63 AMG blasting around Vegas during shot show a few years ago, a porsche cayman in Fernandina Beach, and others.

Cars are an expense, so my daily driver is either a cheap new BMW 320 or wifey's Volvo s60 t6 (a blast), and whatever I would spend on a "toy", I just rent whenever I can.  cheaper, don't have to insure and you can really beat on it, and come out way ahead.

TLDR, it is an expense, if it is worth it to you, do it.  Do you want to spend $1k a month to insure/maintain/pay for the vette?

2 hours ago, Maksim said:

So in that case.... 95% of my guns are useless. =P

Here is the things, guns are collectibles as well and to some, you can just appreciate it by looking at it, or knowing the history.

Yes, you can say the same about a car.... but how long is it going to be before a new Glock 19, M&P Shield or an AR-15 becomes "historic" and collectible?

And again, how often are you actually going to drive the thing?  

Is it a full time daily driver?  If not, it is almost like a jet ski..... and you can't compare it to a classic fbody, mustang, goat.  It will get there at some point... but not in the next 30 years. lol.

I love the C7's and I rent one any time I have a chance while on a trip.... I had a blast renting one for two days, driving it from Orlando airport down to FLL and then back, hitting triple digits on the Florida pike at times.  I also enjoyed having a C63 AMG blasting around Vegas during shot show a few years ago, a porsche cayman in Fernandina Beach, and others.

Cars are an expense, so my daily driver is either a cheap new BMW 320 or wifey's Volvo s60 t6 (a blast), and whatever I would spend on a "toy", I just rent whenever I can.  cheaper, don't have to insure and you can really beat on it, and come out way ahead.

TLDR, it is an expense, if it is worth it to you, do it.  Do you want to spend $1k a month to insure/maintain/pay for the vette?

I'm being a bit of a smartass. I have guns I don't shoot because of value or they're collectable.  He really seems to want the car so I'm being an enabler.  

I'm the wrong guy to ask about paying for and maintaining cars.  I have pretty decent little collection of exotics.   So if someone asking me to be their restraint in definitely not it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

I'm being a bit of a smartass. I have guns I don't shoot because of value or they're collectable.  He really seems to want the car so I'm being an enabler.  

I'm the wrong fit to ask about paying for and maintaining cars.  I have pretty decent little collection of exotics.   So if someone asking me to be their restraint in definitely not it. 

I was unaware " restraint " was even in your vernacular. Lol

Get it! I call shotgun!

15 hours ago, CageFighter said:

Been itching for a newer 2015-17 C7 Z06 Corvette, but the price is still up there.  How many of you would sell some of your firearms to offset the purchase price of the car?  Im fighting the demons now and it sucks.  Seems like a $20+k cash down payment is not enuff to make a reasonable monthly payment.  SMH!

Well, you can't take it with you. And who knows when your day is.

• Like 2

The car!!  You can't drive a gun or shoot it everyday. You can only shoot one at a time anyway. The rest is eye candy. Any firearms you have that are standard stuff, will not appreciate in value, only the classics and collectibles will so dump the standard stuff. When you get tired of the car, cash out and just rebuy any standard stuff.

30 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I was unaware " restraint " was even in your vernacular. Lol

Get it! I call shotgun!

Well, you can't take it with you. And who knows when your day is.

I had to look up a word that described what I was thinking and saw it on thesaurus.com. :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EX Carnival man said:

I have a 2015 C7 Z51. its the fastest car I've ever driven. The z06 will get o from 0 to 60 a full second faster than a z51. IMO its not worth the money or the overheating problems the z06's are having. I've yet to max mine out. Even with all the computers and traction control the wheels still break loose when you get on it.from a standstill.  The only way I would trade mine and maybe get another is when all wheel drive comes out . Than you can lay down more HP. You can pickup  a nice 2014 or 2015 z51 at a good price. 

I need the wider quarters in the rear since I will be adding some addt'l HP to the car.  My only option would be the GS due to the Z06 body.  It would cost approx $10k to add the Z06/GS kit on it, so I'd prefer to buy it from the start.

For what it's worth. When I was doing autobody I repaired a z06 that the owner wiped out the right side on hittin a wall at Pocono. It was an 06 or 07 I think. After I was all done I was allowed to take it on its road test, I made sure it was ready for the track again. Fun day at work that was for sure. If I hd the money I'd get something fast but I would need extra money for speeding tickets.

3 hours ago, JoeGuns said:
   10 hours ago,  JoeGuns said: 

I have a 2016 ZO6 and my advice is go for it.  You only live once.  Yeah, it is crazy-fast as hell. If you can afford it do it.

M7 or A8?  next ?.....when do i get a ride? :)

M7.

when do I get my ride?  (im sure I can donate a couple gallons of petro)    hopefully, that would be the ONLY time i'd spend in a pass seat, -lol.    so far i have only driven the base A8 C7 and loved it.