CageFighter

Z06 vs Guns!

Was just talking to my father about what his next vehicle is going to be, as Audi called him offering him a replacement for his R8 a few months early (Just hop in our new White one we just got in!), and the AWD Vette sounded cool to him. He said thats probably his next purchase, he's not going to even lease it.

6 hours ago, CageFighter said:

I need the wider quarters in the rear since I will be adding some addt'l HP to the car.  My only option would be the GS due to the Z06 body.  It would cost approx $10k to add the Z06/GS kit on it, so I'd prefer to buy it from the start.

Unless you want to dump an assload of money get the z06 and do some modest things. GS is nice but it's not a z06.  My 08 Z, which I recently unloaded, at the TTi twin turbo done.  I'm a big turbo guy even dumped stupid money into my Harley RK CVO to build a crazy stout turbo motor.   

New z has a blower and can have pulley swappped and tuned to crank out a bit more.  At that point what else would you really need power wise?   Don't get too crazy so you can keep it drivable.  Mine got a bit unwieldy. :)

im working on my restraint, k zeke?

• Like 1

Unless you want to dump an assload of money get the z06 and do some modest things. GS is nice but it's not a z06.  My 08 Z, which I recently unloaded, at the TTi twin turbo done.  I'm a big turbo guy even dumped stupid money into my Harley RK CVO to build a crazy stout turbo motor.   

New z has a blower and can have pulley swappped and tuned to crank out a bit more.  At that point what else would you really need power wise?   Don't get too crazy so you can keep it drivable.  Mine got a bit unwieldy. [emoji4]

im working on my restraint, k zeke?

Can you adopt me? Is it legal to adopt a 24 year old? Can I stay in your basement?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Purple Patrick said:

Can you adopt me? Is it legal to adopt a 24 year old? Can I stay in your basement?

You can stay in his basement, I call the garage! 

Rob I am a PPG certified painter, Wyotech grad and experienced detailer..........just saying

23 minutes ago, Purple Patrick said:

Patrick I have three of my own already and the college tuition is a killer.  Although my oldest did graduate this year. Lol.  

20 hours ago, CageFighter said:

how else do u expect to pay $75k for the car........cash??

If I can't pay cash for a car, I'm not buying it.  And $75K for a car??  how much is insurance on that?  But I really don't care what I drive as long as it is safe, reliable, and comfortable.

And I hate to spend a lot of cash on a depreciating asset.  But if it makes you happy to give up some nice, paid-for hardware and pay interest to someone else, then you should do it.

1 hour ago, 67gtonut said:

If you are not a "car guy".... you just don't get it 

I'm dropping more cash on my jeeps suspension tomorrow than I ever have on any one gun before and during I'm like a kid on Christmas eve tonight............but I dident sell any guns lol. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, CageFighter said:

which property do you choose?  NJ or FL? -lol

He'd be smart to say FL, that's where most of the good stuff is including the gun laws.  

8 hours ago, fishnut said:

I'm dropping more cash on my jeeps suspension tomorrow than I ever have on any one gun before and during I'm like a kid on Christmas eve tonight............but I dident sell any guns lol. 

What are the plans?

Btw, was on my way out to Ariannes in Verona last night and saw a beatiful black one on New Dutch Ln in Fairfield.   Black isn't my first choice on this car but it did look awesome with CF package.   

My wife nudged me, I looked over and she said no.  No to what?  Was I that transparent?   Or do you think she was profiling my behavioral patterns after 25 years of marriage?   

What  color are you thinking?   

1 hour ago, Rob0115 said:

He'd be smart to say FL, that's where most of the good stuff is including the gun laws.  

What are the plans

The list for the wrangler I told my wife I'd keep stock. Lmao she needs to take a leason from your wife

All new OME  (old man emu) progressive Springs 2"lift

All new OME shocks

HD drag link and tierod rod with new OME steering stabilizer

HD offroad ball joints

All new Spicer u joints at the axles  (drive shafts already done)

JKS adjustable front and rear track bars. 

JKS front sway bar disconnects 

1" body lift

1" browndog motor mount lift 

All new 33x10.5 BFG KO2 tires

Then once it's back I have rear Corner armor, new flush mount led tail lights and new licenses plate bracket from warrior products to install and hopefully I have enough cash left over to paint the interior and exterior with monstaliner. 

26 minutes ago, fishnut said:

The list for the wrangler I told my wife I'd keep stock. Lmao she needs to take a leason from your wife

All new OME  (old man emu) progressive Springs 2"lift

All new OME shocks

HD drag link and tierod rod with new OME steering stabilizer

HD offroad ball joints

All new Spicer u joints at the axles  (drive shafts already done)

JKS adjustable front and rear track bars. 

JKS front sway bar disconnects 

1" body lift

1" browndog motor mount lift 

All new 33x10.5 BFG KO2 tires

Then once it's back I have rear Corner armor, new flush mount led tail lights and new licenses plate bracket from warrior products to install and hopefully I have enough cash left over to paint the interior and exterior with monstaliner. 

That's gonna look awesome.  Post some pics up of the work when it's done.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 67gtonut said:

If you are not a "car guy".... you just don't get it 

I don't get it, I'm a "gun guy".  My jeep isn't going to defend my home.  Guns first, then "toys".

23 hours ago, leahcim said:

If I can't pay cash for a car, I'm not buying it.

Same here. Financing is a good tool, but it's just a business that someone else uses to make more money on their asset. I may choose to finance, but I'm doing the math elsewhere to make sure it's the right choice.

I'm not trying to bash your love for motor sports here. I hope you get the vette, love it, drive it, treat it gently... and sell it to me in 8 years when depreciation levels off. I'll probably be ready to sell my '93 6spd by then anyway (bought that for cash, btw ;) ).

11 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

Btw, was on my way out to Ariannes in Verona last night and saw a beatiful black one on New Dutch Ln in Fairfield.   Black isn't my first choice on this car but it did look awesome with CF package.   

What  color are you thinking?   

BLACK....thats the only way to buy a fast car.  It disappears quickly in the night. 

14 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

I don't get it, I'm a "gun guy".  My jeep isn't going to defend my home.  Guns first, then "toys".

what IF u have enuff guns already?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Walt of Destiny said:

Blows. The tesla is way better. 

Let me expand on that a little, the i8 is a nice car however I've never been a BMW guy. The rear end looks like what I used to draw on the covers of my notebooks when I was 12. But the real reason is because it has an 11 mile range on full electric. They put a lawnmower engine in the back to run the electric motors. It sounds like a lawnmower. Not a good lawnmower. 

So the obvious question is why did I get it? Well I saw the dihedral doors, I'm a fan, and I got my name on the list. It was one of the first ones. Bit of a let down. 

The Tesla, the good one, is amazing. I'm no tree hugger. But the ludicrous mode is plain crazy. Yes, it's an expensive option, yes it's a reference to "Space Balls" and yes it puts your eyeballs deep in the back of your cranium.  Nothing quite like it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walt of Destiny said:

Let me expand on that a little, the i8 is a nice car however I've never been a BMW guy. The rear end looks like what I used to draw on the covers of my notebooks when I was 12. But the real reason is because it has an 11 mile range on full electric. They put a lawnmower engine in the back to run the electric motors. It sounds like a lawnmower. Not a good lawnmower. 

So the obvious question is why did I get it? Well I saw the dihedral doors, I'm a fan, and I got my name on the list. It was one of the first ones. Bit of a let down. 

The Tesla, the good one, is amazing. I'm no tree hugger. But the ludicrous mode is plain crazy. Yes, it's an expensive option, yes it's a reference to "Space Balls" and yes it puts your eyeballs deep in the back of your cranium.  Nothing quite like it. 

Dihedral and ludicrous mode.