Swizz70

Any NJ limitations when using gunbroker or armslist?

I'm just looking for some feedback from anyone who sold a pistol or rifle on Gunbroker or Armslist.  Are there any restrictions/difficulties selling from NJ?  I have never bought or sold on these sites.

Thanks.

Recently sold a rifle on armslist, Received FFL, check EZ check and lo and behold numbers check to different town and address! Called the guy and told him I was contacting the ATF!

13 minutes ago, 1563621 said:

Recently sold a rifle on armslist, Received FFL, check EZ check and lo and behold numbers check to different town and address! Called the guy and told him I was contacting the ATF!

Oh man...that stinks!  I hope they straighten it out.  Thanks for the feedback.

5 hours ago, Nickjc said:

Imo....armslist will eventually be the poster child for banning Internet Sales of firearms. ...

Avoid it like the plague

Thanks.  It seems like armslist is to be avoided unless you can get lucky with an honest FTF buyer. 

I've both sold and bought off of Armslist.  No issues.  Just make sure to do your due diligence.  If something doesn't feel right, don't take the chance.

Gunbroker is probably the "safer" route as far as scammers go but prices will typically be higher too.  I've also used GB with no issues.

2 minutes ago, lexcruiser said:

I've both sold and bought off of Armslist.  No issues.  Just make sure to do your due diligence.  If something doesn't feel right, don't take the chance.

Gunbroker is probably the "safer" route as far as scammers go but prices will typically be higher too.  I've also used GB with no issues.

Appreciate it.  Thanks.

I have used both Armslist and Gunbroker to sell stuff. I use Armslist when I want to sell local, and put that in the ad - "local FTF only". If I can't sell it on Armslist then I will move it to Gunbroker and ship it. I never had a problem using either. It is easy to discern between a legit buyer and a scam. I have also purchased off of Armslist and Gunbroker without issue.

Have never done anything with armslist but am amazed so many bad stories from this thread.  Seems like craigslist for guns.

I have sold and bought on gunbroker.  No issues selling and still stay in touch with one buyer of a Kimber rifle.

Buying, you have the issue that you cannot inspect the rifle before you buy it.  Pictures are all good and all, but does not beat an in person inspection.

Hence why, given the choice, will buy from a forum member or a vendor first.  This way you can actually look at the gun.

When dealing on Armslist - need to deal with a "Premium Vendor" - these are the 

dealers who pay to be on there and are reputable. Otherwise you have no control

over who you're dealing with or even if you'll get what you paid for.

Premium Vendors Have the Date they were Verified by Armslist on their ads, so Armslist

has a record of their lic., Owners info., ect. - They are the honest sellers...............

2 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

When dealing on Armslist - need to deal with a "Premium Vendor" - these are the 

dealers who pay to be on there and are reputable. Otherwise you have no control

over who you're dealing with or even if you'll get what you paid for.

Premium Vendors Have the Date they were Verified by Armslist on their ads, so Armslist

has a record of their lic., Owners info., ect. - They are the honest sellers...............

Thank JT.  I'm trying to sell at the moment but that's good to know.

8 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Have never done anything with armslist but am amazed so many bad stories from this thread.  Seems like craigslist for guns.

I have sold and bought on gunbroker.  No issues selling and still stay in touch with one buyer of a Kimber rifle.

Buying, you have the issue that you cannot inspect the rifle before you buy it.  Pictures are all good and all, but does not beat an in person inspection.

Hence why, given the choice, will buy from a forum member or a vendor first.  This way you can actually look at the gun.

Agreed...it does seem a bit like craigslist for guns.  I probably would not buy used online unless I could meet and inspect.  I'm trying to sell at the moment.  Thanks!

here are two examples of typical Armslist listings:

One is a "Premium Vendor"  (Please pardon the shameless plug - lol)

These are the trustworthy sellers, usually dealers / FFL'

The other is a "Private" seller - These can disappear without a trace if not careful

Always check the Registration date - if they have been there a while, chance are they

are good, if they are brand new & the deal it too good to be true - it probably isn't....

Premium Vendor.JPG

private Party.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Either one is ok. I personally prefer Gun Broker. Ive heard some horror stories on Armslist deals and i almost was scammed once but caught on before any money was exchanged. I would definitely only buy from a local verified seller via Armslist. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky_Bobby said:

I just won a pistol on Gunbroker - He had positive feedback of 13, returned emails promptly, answered all my questions - lets hope it all goes smoothly.

I'm with JT - on Armslist, FTF or use Premium Vendors -

What did you buy?

Unless it was a tougher to find item..., never found gunbroker to provide good prices or a reason to buy from. 

^^I 100% agree with you on new pistols - Gunbroker is never cheap - Shipping and credit card fees, etc, I like to buy direct from distributors.

A guy was selling an HK P30L, 9mm in V1 Light LEM - BE date code so 2014 manufacture, and he said he purchased new and it sits in his safe and he ran maybe 150 rounds through it so its like new -

I ended up winning auction at $730 and the least I can find for brand new from distributors is at least $150 more than that - so I got a decent deal -

• Like 1

Just now, Ricky_Bobby said:

^^I 100% agree with you on new pistols - Gunbroker is never cheap - Shipping and credit card fees, etc, I like to buy direct from distributors.

A guy was selling an HK P30L, 9mm in V1 Light LEM - BE date code so 2014 manufacture, and he said he purchased new and it sits in his safe and he ran maybe 150 rounds through it so its like new -

I ended up winning auction at $730 and the least I can find for brand new from distributors is at least $150 more than that - so I got a decent deal -

Awesome catch.... the only gun I regret selling.... to @Shane45 right before he sold it to someone else. =P 

^^And you know what that, is what made me want to find a deal on one, as opposed to just getting a VP9 - literally everyone I know with a P30 series in V1 Light LEM sing nothing but praise, and say its best of both worlds if you like striker pistols without a safety but want a hammer fired HK - maybe I spent a bit more but it sounded like a great trigger system to learn, hammer fired HK's are known to be bulletproof, and to "switch it up" as my last 4 pistols have been striker fired - plus John Wick!  Lol - Yes I'm excited to receive it I've heard nothing but tons of praise!

• Like 1

@Ricky_Bobby I actually had a V3.... but am a fan of both.

For me, the P30L, while it is not the nicest trigger (CZ SP01 Custom/Custom Shop, or a NICE 1911 are my favorites), it is an amazing, reliable, accurate gun that I can depend on.  In short... a far nicer Glock. lol.  The only issue is finding mags for it, and their prices... but that is why I suppose I have magazines for guns I don't currently own, including the P30.