Zeke

Why are the Pro 2a groups nonexistent here?

3 minutes ago, Walt of Destiny said:

Sorry Mufasa, I didn't mean to not know my place, but just as a small bit of info; Although I may not have posted as much as you, I have been a member longer, so there!  I'm being facetious, of course. I get  what you mean and of course I have the ability to ignore these fruitless and redundant threads rehashing how a pinky in a hole can get "the dime" dropped on you at certain locales of moral superiority. Come to think of it, this thread  has become what I loathe, sort of. But no matter, I see your point of view, I hope you can see mine...

By the way, did you know that the only word in the English language that has all the vowels, in the correct order, is "facetious"? I know what you're thinking, and yes you're right, "facetiously" even includes the 'sometimes y". 

I feel like a complete dork because I knew that.   I also knew that silent and listen use the same letters.   ;)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

I know it's not much, but I always try to bring someone new to the range that has never fired a handgun or has been afraid. At least 1-2 a month sometimes more.  I show them it's not something to fear but to respect, it's not a evil weapon but a tool. It doesn't hurt anyone by itself. If enough people learn this and maybe enjoy going to a range, and are educated that they might NOT be able to enjoy this hobby because of the Dems  they might vote REP.  Already had a number of people apply for a FID card.  We might not change anything this year but maybe in years to come it might change the mentality. 

You keep doing just what you're doing now!  If only 10% of NJ's million gun owners (100K) each brought 1-2 Newbies to a range per month, in a years time we'd have brought 1.2 MILLION (at a minimum) complete Noobs to a range to experience our sport, our RIGHT, for themselves!  That's doubling our ranks in just a single year.  There's POWER in NUMBERS!

The North Jersey Eye-Talian with the Podcast on Sunday mornings has a phrase that he lets his friends (like me) "borrow":  "EACH ONE, REACH ONE!".  You sir, are living proof that there's still hope left in this "Chicken Little" state!

Please PM me so I can mail you some of our brochures to hand to your guests to make it easier to introduce them to NJ's Justifiable Need provision and how stupidly unconstitutional it really is!

Rosey

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

I feel like a complete dork because I knew that.   I also knew that silent and listen use the same letters.   ;)

You callin' me a dork? 

Back in the old neighborhood you'd lose a thumb for crackin' wise like that....

after the previous "mozzella" comment I'm triggered. 

Funny stuff. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

I know it's not much, but I always try to bring someone new to the range that has never fired a handgun or has been afraid. At least 1-2 a month sometimes more.  I show them it's not something to fear but to respect, it's not a evil weapon but a tool. It doesn't hurt anyone by itself. If enough people learn this and maybe enjoy going to a range, and are educated that they might NOT be able to enjoy this hobby because of the Dems  they might vote REP.  Already had a number of people apply for a FID card.  We might not change anything this year but maybe in years to come it might change the mentality. 

Bravo man!

I take my staff on their birthdays to the range. I entice an FID application with a bought and paid for membership birthday gift. 

So far I have 3 converts. Would have been 4 but he's losing his eyesight to T1 diabetes.

out of about 10, I'm batting 300.

and yes I got chips.

(why the holy hell does it sometimes capitalize and put in the period after two spaces and sometimes not?) 

10 hours ago, Walt of Destiny said:

Sorry Mufasa, I didn't mean to not know my place, but just as a small bit of info; Although I may not have posted as much as you, I have been a member longer, so there!  I'm being facetious, of course. I get  what you mean and of course I have the ability to ignore these fruitless and redundant threads rehashing how a pinky in a hole can get "the dime" dropped on you at certain locales of moral superiority. Come to think of it, this thread  has become what I loathe, sort of. But no matter, I see your point of view, I hope you can see mine...

By the way, did you know that the only word in the English language that has all the vowels, in the correct order, is "facetious"? I know what you're thinking, and yes you're right, "facetiously" even includes the 'sometimes y". 

Abstemious(ly). Looked it up :)

I'll address some points Rosey has made as well.

YUGE difference between answering a question, explaining the law, and actually ratting on someone or telling them they're going to prison or hell or whatever. YUGE. Some people are natural born "lawyers." They love the nitty gritty, the fine print. A section of their brain is devoted to such things. That doesn't necessarily make them "narcs." Everybody in this forum obeys these silly laws to the extent that they are comfortable doing so. Some follow them religiously, others don't. Someone "up there" recently confided to me that he couldn't care less if I carried a gun in public without a NJ permit. Yet this person follows the law to the letter and if you asked this person about the law he/she will recite chapter and verse, almost verbatim. I see no contradiction, not a hint of hypocrisy. You don't put a gun to your head and squeeze the trigger for fun because you're 100% sure it's not loaded do you? I mean unless you inhabit a fantasy universe you can prove 100% it's not loaded so why not joke around like that? Because the consequences of being wrong, however ridiculously small those odds may be, are pretty horrible. Spending 10 years getting ass raped is pretty f-ing horrible as well. So even though the odds are overwhelming that nobody will know, and you won't get 10 years even if they do, it's reason enough -- at least in a public forum -- to be a pussy about such things. 

• Like 1

Abstemious(ly). Looked it up :)

yea I forgot to say shortest, common use and all that,  but bravo. 

Actually if you follow that sort of thing, the "word of the year" is... 

Absquatulate, which means basically leaving a party without saying good bye, specially to the host, but generally as well. 

Aren't words fun? 

To take another stab at the proverbial dead horse... everything you say is reasonable, my gripe is that while we discuss how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, metaphorically of course, we could be trying to convince our cohort that maintaining a coherent voting block is much more productive.  The subtle difference between a collapsing vs adjustable stock is ridiculous in the extreme. Imagine if that thought power was focused on doing a quick survey of the political campaigns in the entire state every election cycle and making a list. Then putting that list on here basically saying:

If you are a gun owner and you live in so and so district you'd be stupid to consider not voting for this guy or gal:

That could be productive. We focus on governor and not where we can actually make a difference. A thousand votes in a district has a huge influence. It won't change things overnight, but the gradual lowering of the flame under the pot with the frog can be accomplished.  It's sad that for us, the abused and oppressed, keeping these ridiculous laws as they are would be considered a win. But since these vague and contridictory laws and regs keep us at each other's necks, they win. Again.  

We can learn from our enemies and beat them at their own game. We just need a cat herder.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Newtonian said:

Abstemious(ly). Looked it up :)

I'll address some points Rosey has made as well.

YUGE difference between answering a question, explaining the law, and actually ratting on someone or telling them they're going to prison or hell or whatever. YUGE. Some people are natural born "lawyers." They love the nitty gritty, the fine print. A section of their brain is devoted to such things. That doesn't necessarily make them "narcs." Everybody in this forum obeys these silly laws to the extent that they are comfortable doing so. Some follow them religiously, others don't. Someone "up there" recently confided to me that he couldn't care less if I carried a gun in public without a NJ permit. Yet this person follows the law to the letter and if you asked this person about the law he/she will recite chapter and verse, almost verbatim. I see no contradiction, not a hint of hypocrisy. You don't put a gun to your head and squeeze the trigger for fun because you're 100% sure it's not loaded do you? I mean unless you inhabit a fantasy universe you can prove 100% it's not loaded so why not joke around like that? Because the consequences of being wrong, however ridiculously small those odds may be, are pretty horrible. Spending 10 years getting ass raped is pretty f-ing horrible as well. So even though the odds are overwhelming that nobody will know, and you won't get 10 years even if they do, it's reason enough -- at least in a public forum -- to be a pussy about such things. 

Yes the differences are YUGE (huge) and the members here run the entire gambit you explained^^^ in terms of the remarks that are made on this forum.  That's primarily because this is a public place and proof of firearms ownership (or better yet---competency) isn't required.  That also means there isn't a filter for the ill-informed, the pompous, the "I can type and paste the statutes and miss-apply them" crowd.  It takes a Village.  We all understand THAT.  

What grinds my gears?:

Deliberate snarky remarks combined with the inability to issue an apology and/or correction sometimes yield an UNTENABLE result that drive-away both the lurkers and the posters.  Respect is usually a two-way street and everybody puts their pants on one leg at a time.  SOME of the members here only chime-in when they can twist/use/interpret what another member types so as to enable themselves to complain/bitch/make themselves "street cred" due to the fact that they're only happy if they're MISERABLE :) .

As far as your analogy of the movie "Deer Hunter" with putting a gun to your head, well, I personally don't see what I do and what I advise others the laws say (printed in the King's English for all to read) as being able to rise to having played Russian Roulette or entertaining Bubba for a bed partner for a decade.  Quite the contrary.  

In life there are RISKS.  Don't wanna drown, don't go into a pool.  Don't wanna get hit by a bus, don't cross the street.  Don't fly a plane, drive a motorcycle or ride a pony, as you stand a chance of DYING if you do.  Firearms ownership is about the same thing.  Putting your Big Boy Boxers (BG panties for the Ladies) on and living your life.  This morning I'm going clay shooting with friends, then I'll have a case of shells and (2) scatterguns in the vehicle while I go to lunch and the post office.  It's not about being a Pussy.  It's about the ability to exercise caution, KNOW the laws, apply situational awareness and having fun with good friends.  Please pass the Russian dressing for my corned beef sammich. :) 

P.S.:  Walt's idea of notifying members of a body (I.E.:  this forum) about who is 2A friendly enough to vote for is a great one.  So great in fact that the state NRA has done it for years and will continue to do so.  Even if members here continue to vilify the ANJRPC instead of use what they produce (that you like) and don't use what you don't like.  No single entity in the game will ever be "perfect", just like the people that make that entity RUN.

PULLLLLLLLLLLLLL! 

Abstemious(ly). Looked it up :)

yea I forgot to say shortest, common use and all that,  but bravo. 

Actually if you follow that sort of thing, the "word of the year" is... 

Absquatulate, which means basically leaving a party without saying good bye, specially to the host, but generally as well. 

Aren't words fun? 

To take another stab at the proverbial dead horse... everything you say is reasonable, my gripe is that while we discuss how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, metaphorically of course, we could be trying to convince our cohort that maintaining a coherent voting block is much more productive.  The subtle difference between a collapsing vs adjustable stock is ridiculous in the extreme. Imagine if that thought power was focused on doing a quick survey of the political campaigns in the entire state every election cycle and making a list. Then putting that list on here basically saying:

If you are a gun owner and you live in so and so district you'd be stupid to consider not voting for this guy or gal:

That could be productive. We focus on governor and not where we can actually make a difference. A thousand votes in a district has a huge influence. It won't change things overnight, but the gradual lowering of the flame under the pot with the frog can be accomplished.  It's sad that for us, the abused and oppressed, keeping these ridiculous laws as they are would be considered a win. But since these vague and contridictory laws and regs keep us at each other's necks, they win. Again.  

We can learn from our enemies and beat them at their own game. We just need a cat herder.

This is not just about Average Joe vs NJ Pro-2A organizations. So many things are wrong with NJ 2A that often organizations cannot focus on one thing and cooperate with each other either.  That results in fragmentation.

Swimming against the tide and being very transparent on interwebs, answering questions etc often doesn't work. 

I am glad that most of the organizations are focusing on actual work in their area rather than wasting time on forums. 

4 hours ago, jackandjill said:

This is not just about Average Joe vs NJ Pro-2A organizations. So many things are wrong with NJ 2A that often organizations cannot focus on one thing and cooperate with each other either.  That results in fragmentation.

Swimming against the tide and being very transparent on interwebs, answering questions etc often doesn't work. 

I am glad that most of the organizations are focusing on actual work in their area rather than wasting time on forums. 

We don't see any fragmentation.  Instead we see a group that educates and mentors both the public and shooters, and a group that specializes in the political arena.  Together we've accomplished quite a lot and will continue to do so.

Part of "the actual work in their area" is COMMUNICATION.  Informing the body (the forum members here) of the five W's (Who, What, When, Where, Why) keeps the lines of communication open so folks aren't left holdin' the bag as to what to think in regards to a project, news item, fundraiser, etc.  Humans have an innate ability of getting 5% of the correct information and then using their over-active imagination to fill-in the other 95% (often with half-truths and misconceptions) all on their own :) .  Open communication shines the light of truth onto these "little fires" to put them out before a crowd mentality takes over (as is sometimes witnessed here) and the Keyboard Commandos fan the flames and throw gasoline on the fires.  I've never considered my time spent here educating readers to be a "waste".  In fact we owe this forum its' due because several members and Mods HERE are active in the Coalition.  One of the Mods is even a Trustee on our Board!

We're holding a Picnic the end of August (8-27).  We've already published "Save-the-Date" info and set-up a Facebook Event Page. $20pp for ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT w/ a DJ, plus BYOB (wine and beer).  Please come as my guest and see for yourself what makes us "tick".

Rosey

http://www.cnjfo.com/event-2501339/Registration

23 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

Yes the differences are YUGE (huge) and the members here run the entire gambit you explained^^^ in terms of the remarks that are made on this forum.  That's primarily because this is a public place and proof of firearms ownership (or better yet---competency) isn't required.  That also means there isn't a filter for the ill-informed, the pompous, the "I can type and paste the statutes and miss-apply them" crowd.  It takes a Village.  We all understand THAT.  

What grinds my gears?:

Deliberate snarky remarks combined with the inability to issue an apology and/or correction sometimes yield an UNTENABLE result that drive-away both the lurkers and the posters.  Respect is usually a two-way street and everybody puts their pants on one leg at a time.  SOME of the members here only chime-in when they can twist/use/interpret what another member types so as to enable themselves to complain/bitch/make themselves "street cred" due to the fact that they're only happy if they're MISERABLE :) .

As far as your analogy of the movie "Deer Hunter" with putting a gun to your head, well, I personally don't see what I do and what I advise others the laws say (printed in the King's English for all to read) as being able to rise to having played Russian Roulette or entertaining Bubba for a bed partner for a decade.  Quite the contrary.  

In life there are RISKS.  Don't wanna drown, don't go into a pool.  Don't wanna get hit by a bus, don't cross the street.  Don't fly a plane, drive a motorcycle or ride a pony, as you stand a chance of DYING if you do.  Firearms ownership is about the same thing.  Putting your Big Boy Boxers (BG panties for the Ladies) on and living your life.  This morning I'm going clay shooting with friends, then I'll have a case of shells and (2) scatterguns in the vehicle while I go to lunch and the post office.  It's not about being a Pussy.  It's about the ability to exercise caution, KNOW the laws, apply situational awareness and having fun with good friends.  Please pass the Russian dressing for my corned beef sammich. :) 

P.S.:  Walt's idea of notifying members of a body (I.E.:  this forum) about who is 2A friendly enough to vote for is a great one.  So great in fact that the state NRA has done it for years and will continue to do so.  Even if members here continue to vilify the ANJRPC instead of use what they produce (that you like) and don't use what you don't like.  No single entity in the game will ever be "perfect", just like the people that make that entity RUN.

PULLLLLLLLLLLLLL! 

Forget apologies. This is a forum. I have issued the only 3-4 apologies I've ever read here. When I don't know shit, which is often, I say it. But AFAICS everyone else is an f-ing expert. F with a capital F the f-ing NRA. They're a business that aims for the 6 foot targets 10 feet away and usually hits them. They have never done anything for NJ. And don't forget: never clean your guns in a room where you also store ammo. Physics, schmizics. 

13 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Apparently not on Social Media... lol.  Rosey posts everywhere.

LOL, that is true I am not on social media. I'm an IT Manager that started right in the beginning of the .com boom too. Go Figure LOL!

18 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Apparently not on Social Media... lol.  Rosey posts everywhere.

Guilty as charged, lol!  As always Nick, thanks for your support!  

Me thinks it's a Liga #9 kinda day :) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Twospot said:

I had no clue this organization existed. Where the hell have I been???

Greetings to you sir.  I'm not sure where you've been, but feel free to PM me for my cell if you wanna reach-out for a chat so I can fill you in on what we've accomplished thus far, and what we're planning to do.  We're (CNJFO) having a Picnic in August, and the Coalition is trying to schedule a general membership meeting next month.  Looking at moving them around the state where our membership base is the heaviest so as to enable the most members easy access to one of the meetings.

Several members and some of the Mods here are quite active.  One of the Mods is a Coalition founding Trustee.  Our focus is education and mentoring.  Our hope is getting more folks hooked on the hobby as well as the self-defense aspects of gun ownership.  Removing the fear of guns and the stereotype of gun owners being just red neck fat white guys.  Showing new folks a good time so maybe they think differently when it comes time to enter a voting booth.  It's a slow process, but it's so much easier than a shouting match in front of a politician's office with the other side unable and unwilling to listen to reason.  Taking someone "on-the-fence" about gun rights and proving to them that they have the same rights as those in Free America is a rewarding experience.  "Each One, Reach One", "Take A Friend To The Range", "Take An Anti To The Range", and other such initiatives, when identified, are supported by the Coalition.  One of our recipients is "The 2nd is for Everyone:  Diversity Shoot" held at Gun For Hire in Woodland Park.  All walks of life, political affiliations, sexual orientations, race, creed, colors, etc. are welcome and do attend.  We provide INSIGHT on current events happening in the 2A scene and free "Charlie-the-Perp" targets to all participants as well as volunteer instructor(s) that teach proper gun handling and safety to complete Noobs as well as those newer gun owners looking to "try before you buy".  Tony Simon puts on a nice gig, and bribed Nick with free pizza, so now Nick enjoys volunteering too (and he brings some COOL toyz to play "Show and Tell")! :) 

We'd love for you to sign-up as a member or make a tax-deductible donation to our 501(c)3 charitable and educational corporation: http://www.cnjfo.com/join-us .  Since you're not on Facebook, feel free to PM, call and chat.  YOU'RE the reason I frequently post here on this forum and will continue to do so.  We at the Coalition realize that not everyone is on Facebook.

Have a great day!

Rosey, CNJFO Vice President

On 7/17/2017 at 1:05 PM, Zeke said:

Is anybody feeling that this forum is " fake news" and the 2a groups are akin to the current president?

jus an observation.

Well it's been two full months w/o a single post or reply from ANYONE since I answered Twospot, so I guess NOW is a great time to flip that egg over & get ready to make a Taylor ham / Pork roll sammich :) .  Meaning anytime is a good time to come out of the closet in support of the Second Amendment!

• Like 2

On 5/16/2017 at 6:07 PM, Smokin .50 said:

We're holding a Picnic the end of August (8-27).  We've already published "Save-the-Date" info and set-up a Facebook Event Page. $20pp for ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT w/ a DJ, plus BYOB (wine and beer).  Please come as my guest and see for yourself what makes us "tick".

Rosey

http://www.cnjfo.com/event-2501339/Registration

BUMP!!

In addition to this Picnic late next month, 

CNJFO IS HOLDING A SERIES OF FREE OPEN MEETINGS FOR MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF 2A!  MEET OUR BOARD & COMMITTEE CHAIRS, MINGLE & BITCH (lol)!

BOTH OF THE NEW NRA CAMPAIGN FIELD REPRESENTATIVES WILL BE HERE, SO COME MEET & CHAT WITH MELISSA GOKMOGOL & RICCARDO REGINA!!

1ST MEETING IS TUESDAY JULY 25TH AT 7PM AT KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS (Council 426) 308 4th Street SOUTH AMBOY, NJ, 08879.  LIGHT REFRESHMENTS TO BE SERVED.  FREE REGISTRATION & DIRECTIONS HERE: http://www.cnjfo.com/event-2587992 .

NEXT MEETING IS WEDNESDAY SEPT. 13TH AT RTSP RANGE IN RANDOLPH.

SOUTH JERSEY MEETING BEING PLANNED AS I TYPE THIS....

BROUGHT TO YOU BY NJ'S BUSIEST SECOND AMENDMENT ORGANIZATION!

• Like 1