shiberm

Range with steel targets on pistol range

Looking for a range in the northeastern PA area that has steel targets on the pistol range. 

Does anyone know of such a place ? 

Would be nice to be able to shoot my handguns at steel targets instead of always just paper. 

All of the NJ ranges I know of allow only paper for handguns. They have steel targets on the 22 ranges but not on the pistol ranges. 

I am a member at cherry ridge and they do have one dueling tree steel target on the pistol range but that there is only one. 

I am willing to drive up to a few hours into PA if mecessary. 

Thanks 

Many ranges, public and and private TYPICALLY do not have steel out for public use, well... because people are dumb. You always have that one a-hole will take his AR-15 and shoot up and destroy a plate rack with .223 rounds from 15 yards. 

Buy your own and bring it to a range that allows.

http://www.gttargets.com/ is a steel target company that serves the northeast here and is in PA

Many ranges, public and and private TYPICALLY do not have steel out for public use, well... because people are dumb. You always have that one a-hole will take his AR-15 and shoot up and destroy a plate rack with .223 rounds from 15 yards. 
Buy your own and bring it to a range that allows.
http://www.gttargets.com/ is a steel target company that serves the northeast here and is in PA

Sorry typo in previous post. I have my own steel. I'm looking for a place I can use it at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shongum allows steel and I make/sell targets right here in NJ
www.pewpewplates.com use coupon code PICKUP to zero out shipping and arrange pickup.
I can also deliver to the upcoming ontelaunee 3 gun match if you do that

Shongum has over a year waiting list as of right now....

When's the next ontelaunee 3gun?

18 hours ago, stagehand632 said:

I cherry ridge is a great option but you have to be a member. Anyone know of a place that I can go shoot steel and not have to be a member? NJ/PA?

I can't speak to PA ranges but as far as I can tell, in all my travels as a shooter / guest / competitor, one must either be a member or discipline chair at a private range & bring their own steel in order to shoot steel by yourself (without a league function, R-O & supervision).  The exception may be Range #14 at Fort Dix (after you pay to belong--like $60 per year, so even THIS option means a membership) and you have to put the steel at the berm 200 yards away.  A Range #14 Member please chime-in :) .

The reasons are the same obvious ones Alec pointed out:  Dumb-Asses shooting-up steel that doesn't belong to them and/or at close range w/o supervision as the rounds whiz back past their heads from engaging bent plates.  "Shooting steel requires brains some shooters don't got", and mostly ONLY private clubs allow it for THAT reason.

20 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

The exception may be Range #14 at Fort Dix (after you pay to belong--like $60 per year, so even THIS option means a membership) and you have to put the steel at the berm 200 yards away.  A Range #14 Member please chime-in :) .

You are correct!