Sign in to follow this  
SJG

Aimpoint H2 v. Aimpoint Patrol

I use the T2. I think it gives better clarity with less tint then the T1 or Pro. I have owned both of those models as well.  It is very evident when using the Aimpoint 3x magnifier. The field of view is better on the Pro but its also bigger and bulkier. I also have an astigmatism and the T2 is the only Aimpoint dot that looks round to me. For the money, the Pro is a great deal.

I looked at the T1 and T2 when I was looking at a third Aimpoint for my Tavor. T2 is definitely clearer glass.

My issue with the Micros is the tube size. I prefer the larger Comp series, as it has more visibility through the sight. The Micros feel like looking down a paper towel roll. I have a PRO on my main AR, a Comp M4s on my .45 AR, and another PRO on my Tavor. Have a 3x magnifier, which can be tossed on any of those rifles (I used it on the .45 to get a better zero).

17 hours ago, SJG said:

Just curious, with your condition, with the Pro was there any difference in the shape of the dot shooting inside vs outside?

It was more of an artifact present indoors. I think thats b/c when outdoors the artifact got washed out more with the sunlight and wasnt as obvious.