Sign in to follow this  
410guy

Makepeace WMA range

Does anyone have any experience with this range?  I would like to find a decent WMA range to sight in my .22 rifle.   I am closer to the Colliers Mills and Stafford Forge WMA ranges, but I dont mind making the trip to Makepeace if its a nicer range.

Thanks!

I've been there a bunch of times, but the most recent was back in 2011.  It was pretty well maintained, then.  They had put up a new wooden platform.  The rifle range is relatively short, but it's adequate for sighting and some plinking.  It was never crowded when I was there and the sand pit area is large enough for about 2-3 groups to show clays at the same time.  Only once had a CO approach us and he was very friendly.  We showed him our hunting licenses and had a friendly chat for a few minutes.  If you go, please post an update because I'd like to take my 7 year old out so she can learn how to shoot her new Pink Crickett, but it's about an hour drive and I'd hate to get there to find out the place went to hell.