bhtc

BHTC 2 Day DMR/RECCE Course Jun 16-17, Lewistown PA

1 post in this topic

Hi, 

Hello from Black Hat Training Corps, BHTC (http://bhtcorps.com). 

We have opened up our RECCE/DMR course for registration. This is an and/or course. You can bring rifles set up for either task and shoot them both if you wish. 

30 second elevator description: 

-- 
This is a high round count, long distance rifle course that focuses on practical employment of the AR platform rifle with magnified optics either 10+(DMR), or the 1-4 or 1-6 range (RECCE) out to the furthest possible distance. Both you and your platform will be pushed to their limits. We recommend 200-250 rounds for each class of rifle you bring. Bring more == shoot more. 
-- 

If you don't know about us, feel free to ask openly here, on snipershide.com, pafoa.org or the njgunforums. 

Full Info and registration: 
http://www.bhtcorps.com/?page_id=518

CONCEPTS OF INSTRUCTION: 

DMR/SDM Definition, Role, and capabilities 

Evolution and Demand of the DMR and RECCE platforms, and how it differs from other roles 

A look at different and useful ways to configure both platforms 

Ballistics, Trajectory 

Review on range estimation 

Practical Alternative zeroing techniques 

SBU prone engagements 

Significant amount of Reticle work 

Multiple target engagement techniques 

Distances for course shots are 100 to 800Y, with available targets to 1040Y if you want to go after them 

Working with non-traditional support 

Shooting from hasty positions 

Some work on traditional unsupported positions 

Full darkness night fire (green laser designator illuminated targets, no NV or suppressor required) 

Scenario based final exam with pass or fail elements

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Mach16lt
      I'm looking for a 16" Tavor X95
      Prefer used, but I'll consider new as well.
    • By remixer
      Factory New Keltec SUB-2000 Beretta 92fs Version
      $375.00 Plus NJ Nics and Tax

CALIBER:9mm
      STOCK/FRAME:Black Synthetic
      CAPACITY:15+1
      BARREL:16.1"
      ACTION:Semi-Auto
      LENGTH:29.5"
      SAFETY:Internal Safety
      WEIGHT: 4 lbs.
      SIGHTS:Open Rifle Sights
      FINISH:Matte Blue
    • By remixer
      Factory New Ruger Precision Rifle 308Win
      $1175.00 plus NJ Nics and Tax

CALIBER: 308 Win
      STOCK/FRAME: Ruger Precision MSR Stock
      CAPACITY: 10 rd.
      BARREL: 20"
      ACTION: Bolt Action
      LENGTH: 39.25"
      SAFETY: Reversible AR Style Selector
      WEIGHT:  9.8 lbs.
      SIGHTS: None
      FINISH: Matte Black
    • By Mr.Stu
      I am going to run another introduction to IDPA class in September. There are quite a few members here who have taken the class and followed up with going to matches and having a good time getting off the X.

If you have been wanting to get into practical shooting matches, but want a step up so you don't walk in blind, please consider this class.

Thanks for looking,

Stu (Mr.)
    • By SIGMan Freud
      Just to be clear, the 30-day rule between purchases is for handguns only, right? And that purchase would have no effect on buying a long gun?

So if I legally used one of my handgun P2Ps yesterday, I could legally buy a long gun today and tomorrow and every day between now and doomsday and I'd be legal?  I just want to make sure the rule isn't 30 days between "any" gun purchases. 

Thanks.
    • 7.5 is the most common for shotgun.....rifle and pistol plain ball is fine. If you shoot 9mm try to get 124 grain as the 115 sometimes don't knock the steel plates down.
    • scratch part of what i typed above about shotgun ammo. i just found 2/3 of a case of estate game/target load? 1oz 7 1/2 shot. this is good to go?
    • thanks man!  i do buy from amazon, but i don't see any way i'll get anything from them in time for this match. i've got my belt pretty decently set up i think. got 3 pistol mags and 3 rifle mags on it. i only had a triple rifle mag pouch, so i gotta go with that.  for the shotgun, i've got an 870 pump that has a 6 shell caddy bolted on the side of it. i can't transfer that to my ati though. i think my mossie(that one's kept at the shop) has an elastic 5 or 6 shell caddy that goes on the buttstock. gonna check that tomorrow. i'd rather use the semi auto, but for my first time out, if i can carry them on the 870, then i'll use that.    also, reading the rules again. shotgun ammo. on quinton's link in the OP, it says #6, 7.5, or 8, plus the slugs. in the rules, it says no bigger than #6 birdshot. i'm going to either dicks sporting goods or bobs little sport shop to grab the shotgun ammo i need, so i wanna be sure on which i can/should be getting.  for pistol and rifle, i can safely presume plain old ball ammo?   thanks for all the help guys
    • Yep, I just noticed that in the comments and was coming on to correct myself. Thanks, Krdshrk!  And THIS is why NJ sucks!
    • Not NJ Legal - they're defined as firearms in NJ Law.