checko

Moving to Asbury Tswp, Warren County

I'm nearby that area, I'm pretty sure Asbury is a "village" in Franklin Township. Here's their website: http://franklintwpwarren.org/

Don't quote me, but I think Franklin Township is policed by the Perryville NJ State Police barracks like my town. It took me over 80 days for permits.  So, good luck. LOL.

But, call the # on the muni. website to confirm that. Don't quote me. They should also be able to tell you if there is a discharge ordinance.

Oh and... welcome to da 'hood!

56 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I'm nearby that area, I'm pretty sure Asbury is a "village" in Franklin Township. Here's their website: http://franklintwpwarren.org/

Don't quote me, but I think Franklin Township is policed by the Perryville NJ State Police barracks like my town. It took me over 80 days for permits.  So, good luck. LOL.

But, call the # on the muni. website to confirm that. Don't quote me. They should also be able to tell you if there is a discharge ordinance.

I can confirm they are policed by NJSP. One of my sisters lives in Asbury. That's an area that makes you forget it's Jersey. Just beautiful up there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Yeah you're probably right about it being a village.  80 isn't great but it could be worse i guess.  Thanks.  

1 hour ago, Twospot said:

I can confirm they are policed by NJSP. One of my sisters lives in Asbury. That's an area that makes you forget it's Jersey. Just beautiful up there.

Yeah I said that to my gf yesterday when we were out there.  Felt like America.  

40 minutes ago, liquidskin said:

Welcome! I'm in Bethlehem township, my mailing address is actually for Asbury. Lots of backyard shooters around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. Thanks.  I can't ever get used to the mailing address being different thing.   Whats the closest range?

49 minutes ago, checko said:

Yeah you're probably right about it being a village.  80 isn't great but it could be worse i guess.  Thanks.  

Yeah I said that to my gf yesterday when we were out there.  Felt like America.  

Cool. Thanks.  I can't ever get used to the mailing address being different thing.   Whats the closest range?

From Asbury, I think you're roughly:

5-10 min to the Clinton WMA, Clinton via 78 (off 173) - state run, outdoor only, must have NJ hunting license, only good for certain firearms --- ummm, essentially "free" I think with the hunting license? (Others will correct me if I'm wrong)

20 min to Phillipsburg Pistol & Rifle via 22W - small, private, not fancy but affordable

20 min via 78W to Heritage Guild, Easton - large, commercial, pricey

25 min via 78E to 31S to Tactical Training Center, Flemington - large, commercial, pricey

And I can't recall the name, but there's some trapshooting club in Bethlehem Township, south of 78 at exit 7, maybe 10 min from you... "Farmer's something or another?" I believe it's open to the public.

There's also several other places a bit deeper into PA like Easton Fish and Game Association, which I hear is very affordable... Ontelaunee, also very affordable... I'm sure there's others I don't even know about or aren't thinking of at the moment. Lots of options... especially compared to other parts of the state.

• Like 2

Kinda new myself... so don't know exactly what an "ar pit" is...? But there's a 300 yard rifle range at Ontelaunee (about an hour west from you)... and I believe one at Cherry Ridge (maybe an hour and 20 northeast from you). There are shorter rifle ranges closer than that.

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Kinda new myself... so don't know exactly what an "ar pit" is...? But there's a 300 yard rifle range at Ontelaunee (about an hour west from you)... and I believe one at Cherry Ridge (maybe an hour and 20 northeast from you). There are shorter rifle ranges closer than that.

Just somewhere I can shoot an ar without being static on a bench.   Thanks, I'll check these out. 

12 minutes ago, checko said:

Just somewhere I can shoot an ar without being static on a bench.   Thanks, I'll check these out. 

I am curious about this also.. I don't know of any places in NJ that allow it & EFGA doesn't allow it in the pits 

18 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Oh you'll be way out there...

Buying a house with the GF?

You're close to Easton which does have pits...

Yeah.  It's not that far out there.  She was looking in blairstown!  Easton has lots but no centerfire iirc

The training area can easily facilitate pistol, pistol-caliber rifles and shotguns. For saftey reasons we ask that you not shoot rifle calibers (5.56, 7.62x39, .308, etc) as debris from the impact area has a tendancy to fly over to the shooting positions for the rifle range. Shotguns may only be shot towards the berm as we have no allowance for any type of arial shooting.

From the EFG site

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, checko said:

The training area can easily facilitate pistol, pistol-caliber rifles and shotguns. For saftey reasons we ask that you not shoot rifle calibers (5.56, 7.62x39, .308, etc) as debris from the impact area has a tendancy to fly over to the shooting positions for the rifle range. Shotguns may only be shot towards the berm as we have no allowance for any type of arial shooting.

Well..... dang..... I hope they expand more though....  Hmm... 

11 hours ago, GramGun79 said:

I am curious about this also.. I don't know of any places in NJ that allow it & EFGA doesn't allow it in the pits 

Old Bridge holds 2-Gun and 3-Gun Matches.  Competitors can practice "Runnin' & Gunnin'" at the outdoor pits so long as they maintain safety.  Prone, kneeling, and offhand are available options too.  Wanna "Play Date" to check it out?  Shoot me a PM!

An excellent house!   And a very nice area!

That said, I don't know if it will help you much "2A wise."  IIRC, Asbury is covered by the NJSP Perryville barracks. So you deal with all the inherent delays and bureaucracies therein....

Good luck!

An excellent house!   And a very nice area!
That said, I don't know if it will help you much "2A wise."  IIRC, Asbury is covered by the NJSP Perryville barracks. So you deal with all the inherent delays and bureaucracies therein....
Good luck!

To be honest I don't care much about that stuff. I got my guns. Ill just shoot what I have.

Well done.  Wait till the day you decide to sell.  Home ownership as far as the paperwork goes, sucks.  Start a file folder now cause looking for the paperwork years from now is challenging.  Good Luck with it and welcome to Warren County!  

Thanks guys.

Congrats dude. When's the housewarming/njgf party?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm not opposed to having a little get together. I want to have some poker games and fight parties as well. Gotta get a new coat of paint and shit put away first.

Place will be excellent for entertaining. Has a pool, hot tub, bar and I'll be installing a tap, wrap around deck , pool table etc