Screwball

5/20-5/21 Oaks Gun Show... Need Intel

Need to ask a favor for you guys going tomorrow...

Scope out if a Kydex holster maker is there... and please let me know of the name. I want to run out on Sunday and have a holster made for my CZ SP-01. However, if crap happens, would like to be able to reach out to them to see which shows they are going to later in the year. But if there isn't a holster maker there, it really is a waste of time/money/gas.

Figured could be a good thread for others to see if it is worth going.

Thanks.

Yes there are holster makers here...but also check out Titan Concealment. NJ based and a member on here... you'll get a much nicer product https://www.facebook.com/titanconcealment/

I did... they can't do it due to legal issues (they didn't say that, but another NJ company told me that's why they couldn't; I've seen Titan's holsters, so I'm sure they COULD actually do it).

Took a chance and went out there. Found a maker that did it for me. Want to give some info for them, but checking with the staff if there would be any issues giving him a recommendation.

Got a new case that fits my Tavor (Aimpoint and Surefire made it hard to fit) and some 9mm ammo that I found at a decent price. Shy of that, it was a normal small show. Didn't get pickles or meat, being it is hot as hell out.

2 hours ago, Screwball said:

I did... they can't do it due to legal issues (they didn't say that, but another NJ company told me that's why they couldn't; I've seen Titan's holsters, so I'm sure they COULD actually do it).

Took a chance and went out there. Found a maker that did it for me. Want to give some info for them, but checking with the staff if there would be any issues giving him a recommendation.

Got a new case that fits my Tavor (Aimpoint and Surefire made it hard to fit) and some 9mm ammo that I found at a decent price. Shy of that, it was a normal small show. Didn't get pickles or meat, being it is hot as hell out.

Can't make a holster for legal reasons? What?

We've never made CZ holsters, and we cannot take possession of someone's firearm as we are not an FFL.

All of our holsters have moved over to being made on CNC molds. That means even if we were an FFL, we do not have the means of making a holster with the old school method of forming.

The good news is that we will be adding CZ to lineup and they will have a precision fit.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The good news is that we will be adding CZ to lineup and they will have a precision fit.

Understood... still wouldn't help me, though.

I'll definitely withdraw my statement regarding your response... which pretty much just said you can't do it. Doesn't change the fact it was Savage's response to my email... which I respect (as I do yours). Taking the handgun to Oaks is legal, and allowed me to have the holster made. Not anything against your company, but if you can't do it, you can't do it. I would have loved to find a NJ company to do this.

I did say it in my email to you guys, I have handled your holsters (at a class two weeks back), and think they are very well made. Problem is that out of all the guns you make holsters for, the only one that might work for me is a Glock holster... but might not with my 30S (it usually fits 19 holsters).

Understood... still wouldn't help me, though.

I'll definitely withdraw my statement regarding your response... which pretty much just said you can't do it. Doesn't change the fact it was Savage's response to my email... which I respect (as I do yours). Taking the handgun to Oaks is legal, and allowed me to have the holster made. Not anything against your company, but if you can't do it, you can't do it. I would have loved to find a NJ company to do this.

I did say it in my email to you guys, I have handled your holsters (at a class two weeks back), and think they are very well made. Problem is that out of all the guns you make holsters for, the only one that might work for me is a Glock holster... but might not with my 30S (it usually fits 19 holsters).

I understand completely. I'm a little confused by what you're saying about Savage Holsters though. We are not affiliated with Savage, but I'm surprised they couldn't help as they used to make SP-01 holsters.

Our model support will grow again. After the recent change to CNC tooling, the model selection had to be decreased. We once supported 50 different firearm models. There is a tremendous amount of time that goes into designing and producing the molds. The selection you see on the website accounts​ for 90% of the models that are selected by customers, which is why they were made available first.

None of that is meant to excuse the inability to help you. It's just an explanation of why we have a more limited selection at the moment. I hope that as our selection grows, we can get something made up for you.

I understand completely. I'm a little confused by what you're saying about Savage Holsters though. We are not affiliated with Savage, but I'm surprised they couldn't help as they used to make SP-01 holsters.

Our model support will grow again. After the recent change to CNC tooling, the model selection had to be decreased. We once supported 50 different firearm models. There is a tremendous amount of time that goes into designing and producing the molds. The selection you see on the website accounts​ for 90% of the models that are selected by customers, which is why they were made available first.

None of that is meant to excuse the inability to help you. It's just an explanation of why we have a more limited selection at the moment. I hope that as our selection grows, we can get something made up for you.

I am aware that Titan and Savage are different companies... your response to my email was "we can't do it." Their response was "we can't due it because we are not an FFL, and would be illegal to bring your gun to us." Figured that was the reason, which was partially right.

Again, I respect any company's decisions. They have to pay the bills to keep the lights on, so they are the ones making the decisions. I know my needs are far from the norm. However, if you guys put out a holster for a gun I'm looking to get a holster for, I'll likely buy from you... even if I'm out of NJ. I was very impressed with them.

And for the visual why Savage couldn't do it... and even if you guys start doing SP-01 holsters, likely wouldn't help.

1971D8D4-5D36-40A2-B671-056FF0A5234A_zpsnjmdw0a9.jpg

Doubt there is a huge demand for those... but wanted to check NJ companies first. I would like to do a review of this maker from Oaks (as long as no forum rules are broken), in case there are other NJ shooters with odd holster requests.

I am aware that Titan and Savage are different companies... your response to my email was "we can't do it." Their response was "we can't due it because we are not an FFL, and would be illegal to bring your gun to us." Figured that was the reason, which was partially right.

Again, I respect any company's decisions. They have to pay the bills to keep the lights on, so they are the ones making the decisions. I know my needs are far from the norm. However, if you guys put out a holster for a gun I'm looking to get a holster for, I'll likely buy from you... even if I'm out of NJ. I was very impressed with them.

And for the visual why Savage couldn't do it... and even if you guys start doing SP-01 holsters, likely wouldn't help.

1971D8D4-5D36-40A2-B671-056FF0A5234A_zpsnjmdw0a9.jpg

Doubt there is a huge demand for those... but wanted to check NJ companies first. I would like to do a review of this maker from Oaks (as long as no forum rules are broken), in case there are other NJ shooters with odd holster requests.

For the sake of making clear to future readers of this thread that we did not simply reply with, "we can't do it", the response sent to you was as follows:

"Hello Jxxx,

Thank you for contacting us regarding a holster for your CZ. We currently do not make any holsters for CZ at this time. Due to the type of forming process we use, we could not use your firearm to make this holster. I am sorry I cannot help with this specific holster. 

Thank you,

Sales Team
Titan Concealment"

We plan to expand our model selection to include CZ's. But we do not, under any circumstances use a customer's firearm to make a holster. Both because we are not FFL and also because the end result is nothing close to the quality we strive to deliver with every product. The fit, finish, definition, and reliability do not compare when made from tooling specifically made for manufacturing the gear.

With that said, we will never (I say that with total confidence) make a holster with the tactical block on it. This is incredibly rare, as I'm sure you found in a quest for a holster.

We need to sell close to 75 holsters of a specific model to justify the time and expense of making one mold. If we made holsters from blueguns like the leather guys used to do, it would be a different story.

Again, I'm sorry we couldn't help. We will hopefully have our CZ lineup available in the near future.

A-Tech, it is what it is... no need to go back and forth over how I took your email.

For the record, I didn't know how you formed holsters until this thread, with you stating it (CNC). Your message didn't come off as anything more than you cannot use my firearm for it... with an email going to Savage stating the legal reasons, I'm sorry that I linked the two together. Up to this thread, I was under the impression that a Kydex holsters was made by a heat gun, and either the gun or a mold.

For Savage, it is a legal issue. For Titan, it is a production issue. Fair enough?

Looks like this is not the case.

Read above...

A-Tech, it is what it is... no need to go back and forth over how I took your email.

For the record, I didn't know how you formed holsters until this thread, with you stating it (CNC). Your message didn't come off as anything more than you cannot use my firearm for it... with an email going to Savage stating the legal reasons, I'm sorry that I linked the two together. Up to this thread, I was under the impression that a Kydex holsters was made by a heat gun, and either the gun or a mold.

For Savage, it is a legal issue. For Titan, it is a production issue. Fair enough?

Thank you for clarifying. I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression of how we operate.

If you're on Facebook and Instagram, we sometimes post videos of the manufacturing process. Check it out if you're interested in seeing how we do things.

Thank you for clarifying. I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression of how we operate.

If you're on Facebook and Instagram, we sometimes post videos of the manufacturing process. Check it out if you're interested in seeing how we do things.

Received... looking back, should have made it clear I was doing a brief paraphrases with the emails. You have my apologies for that.

Savage specifically went into the reasons why, in regards to NJ law. I looked at that in the way that PA law allows people to bring a handgun into the Oaks show (unloaded), so cuts out the legal hassle.

I'll definitely take a look on Facebook, as I find stuff like that very interesting.

17 minutes ago, Screwball said:

How you took the email is on you...but to post on public form that their response was just "we can't do it" while clearly that wasn't the response, is wrong.