owadj01

This is why we can't have Nice Things....

Many of the older generation gun owners DO NOT like modern sporting rifles.  They like hunting rifles and THAT IS IT.  I can't wait for them to all die off.

• Like 6

Many of the older generation gun owners DO NOT like modern sporting rifles.  They like hunting rifles and THAT IS IT.  I can't wait for them to all die off.

Unfortunately too many of the SJW Millennials that claim to be firearms enthusiasts have no issue with 10 Round magazines and voting for Dems because the Dems will feed and cloth the poor. No BS had one on Calguns post that he was a firearms enthusiast but a Liberal Dem because Democrats care about people.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

First they'll come for us with the silence of these useful idiots. Then they'll come for them and there will be no one to speak for them...

history is replete with this, yet we fail to understand and are doomed to repeat it. 

My apologies to Martin Niemöller...

• Like 1

No BS had one on Calguns post that he was a firearms enthusiast but a Liberal Dem because Democrats care about people.

Yea, liberals are very dumb when it comes to stuff like that...

I know two guys I used to work with, both are best friends. One is as conservative, if not more, than myself... and the other is about the same position on the other side.

Listening to all the lead up to the election, the liberal, "Hillary has it in the bag!" The conservative, "make America great again!" Kind of reminded me of one guy that started all political BS at work when Obama first ran... then on Election Day, when we ask if he voted, "I'm not registered." [emoji15]

Happened to be talking to the liberal a few weeks back, and he kept trying to bait me into politics. "Trump is going to be impeached." But he really made me scratch my head when he started talking about that tape with Trump grabbing women.

This same guy has been separated from his wife for like 15-20 years, after being caught cheating. Has a girlfriend outside of the country, that is "serious" with. And probably has hooked up with a dozen random women in the maybe 10 years I've know him, and always decided to talk about it (graphically) behind their backs. Got back with his wife for a few weeks, and told her the girl outside of the country was out of the picture. She found out that wasn't the case, and now is filing for a divorce... which she will get a very healthy payday when that is finalized. Moreover, he pretty much got his friend (conservative) in a similar predicament... because he figured that being married isn't a big thing to break off (he is going to likely lose the house to his wife).

Yet, this guy talks crap about Trump saying something that was behind closed doors... and thinks that is so appalling. No issues with Bill Clinton, or the shamming that Hillary did to the women her husband messed around with. When you point out that he does worse... "I'm not running for President." Well, Trump wasn't at that time. "Doesn't matter!"

While I lived in NJ for all my life, I'm actually really looking forward for the day when I load my safes in the back of a truck or container, and smile as I drive across a bridge (unless I go North... but definitely not NY). Hopefully I get it done prior to the next governor... but hope I'm here to at least vote one last time.

According to the NJOA's facebook page, they are a 527 non profit organization.  I thought 527s were restricted from advocating for a particular candidate.  Can somebody smarter than me tell me I'm correct.  If I'm right, I'm calling the IRS.

The NJOA is punch-drunk with their love for Sweeney and Norcross. So long as they get a bone like Sunday bowhunting they think they are making inroads. Rather than get punched in the nose each day, they'll gladly give the schoolyard bully their lunch money. 

They patronize the same clown who told gunowners to "bring it on" when he embraced common sense gun initiatives. 

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/06/nj-state-senate-pres-to-gun-owners-initiating-recall-bring-it-on/ 

21 hours ago, maintenanceguy said:

According to the NJOA's facebook page, they are a 527 non profit organization.  I thought 527s were restricted from advocating for a particular candidate.  Can somebody smarter than me tell me I'm correct.  If I'm right, I'm calling the IRS.

According to a Wikipedia a 527 non-profit solely exists as a political organization, from Wiki:

527 organization or 527 group is a type of U.S. tax-exempt organization organized under Section 527 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code (26 U.S.C. § 527). A 527 group is created primarily to influence the selection, nominationelection, appointment or defeat of candidates to federal, state or local public office.

On 5/20/2017 at 11:01 AM, owadj01 said:

At my local Sporting clay place and MY Outdoor Alliance is having an event and I see this..... Ugh cb281f4c8ede0644ac830965a82bbdd1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"Your" Outdoor Alliance?  Me thinks that possibly renouncing your membership might be a good thing :) 

Naive Newbies (shooters) can be explained.  Since this is NOT the first election cycle they've publicly supported SWINEY, it's long past time for the inept FUDD to get his/her head out of their asses and actually understand the Big Picture here!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

"Your" Outdoor Alliance?  Me thinks that possibly renouncing your membership might be a good thing :)

Since this was sent from a cell phone, I have a feeling that its spellcheck changed NJ to MY. Just a guess.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Naive Newbies (shooters) can be explained.  Since this is NOT the first election cycle they've publicly supported SWINEY, it's long past time for the inept FUDD to get his/her head out of their asses and actually understand the Big Picture here!

The fudd's are disappearing in droves. They're leaving this state, remember? Actual hunter numbers dwindle each year. The DEP's much heralded "mentor" program, now called the All-Around Buddy license, saw 38 people buy one in 2016. 38? Not exactly a resounding success. Let's see how it fares this year.

Hunter fudd's are not the answer as possible saviors. They're happy with what they got, 2A doesn't enter into the equation for them. 

"Your" Outdoor Alliance?  Me thinks that possibly renouncing your membership might be a good thing [emoji4] 

Nglitz hit it right on the head. Fixed the original post. I AM NOT a member of that organization and I would never emphasize belonging to any organization that supports ppl like him.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I agree that hunters are not concerned about gun rights.  I live in Rural SJ.  Everybody I know hunts.  The fact that Sweeney 21 anti-gun bills into the one giant Sweeney Omnibus Gun Control Bill doesn't bother them at all because they get to keep their shotguns.

Everyone will say that they support  the second amendment but very few realize what that actually means.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2017 at 3:13 PM, Ray Ray said:

It's not only the hunters.  The trap and skeet crowd need to be included here.  As long as they can have their expensive fitted shotguns they could care less if the unwashed masses have the capability of defending themselves.  They have all the advice on self defense from Joe "give them both barrels" Biden.

There are people on this forum who were singing praises for Sweeney and other Democrats a few years ago.  They thought of him as a great guy and the fact he was a union guy made it even better.

They also spoke praise for some South Jersey Democrat who introduced a concealed carry bill a few years ago.  It never made it out of committee.  The fact that he did this did not matter to the Democratic Party.  They knew it wasn't going to get anywhere.  It did let this guy go back to his constituents and say "hey, I tried" and helped his reelection.

"For the children", "for the seniors", "gun safety" are all catch phrases that have worked for the Democrats in the past.  How can anyone not be for these things?

I just saw a thing on Fox relating how the Obama administration allowed MS13 members into the US.  Fox went on to report how MS13 is responsible for 38% of the murders in Suffolk County.  The average age of those arrested is 18.  Their signature weapon...the machete.  If they Dems ever get the guns expect them to go for "knife control" as they've done in the UK.

I've drifted a bit but wanted to make my point.  When it comes to individual rights of any kind you  can't trust any Democrat.  There may be some old time Conservative Democrats around but there's none in NJ.

• Like 3

On 5/22/2017 at 9:08 AM, njpilot said:

Should've taken the sign for a target stand.

LOL!!

THAT would have been a funny picture.

Just one round of shot through the middle of the sign would have been very funny...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

LOL!!

THAT would have been a funny picture.

Just one round of shot through the middle of the sign would have been very funny...

Then Democrats would have used it as proof of "gun violence".

4 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

Then Democrats would have used it as proof of "gun violence".

Nope, one shot dead center is gun control.

Dump 2 mags all around the sign without hitting it........that's gun violence 

4 hours ago, GRIZ said:

It's not only the hunters.  The trap and skeet crowd need to be included here.  As long as they can have their expensive fitted shotguns they could care less if the unwashed masses have the capability of defending themselves.  They have all the advice on self defense from Joe "give them both barrels" Biden.

There are people on this forum who were singing praises for Sweeney and other Democrats a few years ago.  They thought of him as a great guy and the fact he was a union guy made it even better.

They also spoke praise for some South Jersey Democrat who introduced a concealed carry bill a few years ago.  It never made it out of committee.  The fact that he did this did not matter to the Democratic Party.  They knew it wasn't going to get anywhere.  It did let this guy go back to his constituents and say "hey, I tried" and helped his reelection.

"For the children", "for the seniors", "gun safety" are all catch phrases that have worked for the Democrats in the past.  How can anyone not be for these things?

I just saw a thing on Fox relating how the Obama administration allowed MS13 members into the US.  Fox went on to report how MS13 is responsible for 38% of the murders in Suffolk County.  The average age of those arrested is 18.  Their signature weapon...the machete.  If they Dems ever get the guns expect them to go for "knife control" as they've done in the UK.

I've drifted a bit but wanted to make my point.  When it comes to individual rights of any kind you  can't trust any Democrat.  There may be some old time Conservative Democrats around but there's none in NJ.

Van Drew is your odd ball.

Jus sayen. Not my district