So i just got an email from gun for hire.  Hes holding a class at my range.   Sjsc in august.  Its 800$ for four days.   They say 8 am to 7 pm.   Is it worth it for what he can put out.  When i have some time tomorrow ill try to link it.  Or unless some kind soul here can link it for me.   So whats your thoughts.   Im all in for it if its worth it.  

HE im hoping for your advice.  

Thanks bros fill me in. 

*This course is being taught by a Guest Instructor “Massad Ayoob” there will be no refunds allotted only Range Credit*

Confusing statement....is Ayoob scheduled to teach, or is someone else?

11 hours ago, Golf battery said:

So i just got an email from gun for hire.  Hes holding a class at my range.   Sjsc in august.  Its 800$ for four days.   They say 8 am to 7 pm.   Is it worth it for what he can put out.  When i have some time tomorrow ill try to link it.  Or unless some kind soul here can link it for me.   So whats your thoughts.   Im all in for it if its worth it.  

HE im hoping for your advice.  

Thanks bros fill me in. 

I've taken his MAG40 class (with him teaching it) in Florida, with all his home town asst. instructors.  An excellent group of folks. I highly recommend it.

I haven't taken a class with Ayoob but I hear his lecture portion is great. I really like his revolver stuff too - he has a pretty cool method of reloading that fast and simple.

I have seen some of his Panteaeo videos and personally think his TTPs are a bit dated, but still effective.

Also, if you complete one of his classes, and get caught up in a DPF situation where you use force, he will be an expert witness for the low price of a 6 pack and a couch to crash on. He has a very good support network for his students. 

If I had an extra $800 in the training budget, I would attend.

• Like 1

I did the range portion last year and the lecture portion the year before.  You will basically get 40 hours of training, and the 20 hours of lecture alone would be worth the money.

I'd agree with HE that some of his procedures may be a bit dated but he's got solid reasoning, research and case law behind his decisions so you really can't go wrong with what he has to say.  Some of the stories alone are worth the price of admission.