8 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Christopher Nolan is a terrific director - a real craftsman. And Kenneth Brannaugh is one of the best British actors working right now. So, yeah... it's probably going to be a great film.

8 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Plus Tom Hardy. He's been in some awesome stuff lately.

Agree with both statements. 

8 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Not as familiar with his work... I've been out of the movie-going routine recently. I'll take your word for it! :D

Peel, this will be the third Nolan movie Hardy is in - Dark Knight and Inception being the other two.

Check out Taboo on FX - probably still on demand. Very well done series with Hardy as the main character.

Then there is 

Legend

Mad Max (new one)

Revenant

Blackhawk Down

Bronson

Band of Brothers

and a bunch more.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Christopher Nolan is a terrific director - a real craftsman. 

*cough* Interstellar *cough* The Prestige *cough*

My hope is that Dunkirk is in keeping with Nolan's masterpieces (I think Inception was his best), but it's not a given that it will be fantastic. 

And where's the love for Cillian Murphy?

2 hours ago, Cereza said:

*cough* Interstellar *cough* The Prestige *cough*

My hope is that Dunkirk is in keeping with Nolan's masterpieces (I think Inception was his best), but it's not a given that it will be fantastic. 

And where's the love for Cillian Murphy?

You're mocking The Prestige? Those are fightin' words. No, it wasn't Inception, but still... 2 tasty magicians in dark, atmospheric, Victorian London? Criminy... what's not to like? I say you have no soul, Cereza. No soul!

4 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Peel, this will be the third Nolan movie Hardy is in - Dark Knight and Inception being the other two.

Check out Taboo on FX - probably still on demand. Very well done series with Hardy as the main character.

Then there is 

Legend

Mad Max (new one)

Revenant

Blackhawk Down

Bronson

Band of Brothers

and a bunch more.

Aaaahh... OK, I looked him up. I just wasn't putting Name with Face. Got it now. Yeah, I like him. Good actor.

52 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

You're mocking The Prestige? Those are fightin' words. No, it wasn't Inception, but still... 2 tasty magicians in dark, atmospheric, Victorian London? Criminy... what's not to like? I say you have no soul, Cereza. No soul!

What can I say, I have high standards. By the way, 1 tasty magician—not at his most Wolverine sadly. I am NOT a Chrisitian Bale fan. :negative: 

Of course now this begs the question: has anyone pulled off a really successful Gothic Horror since Nosferatu

Sir Mark Rylance played the Soviet Spy (Abel) in "Bridge of Spies" w/ Tom Hanks.  Powerful performance.  Can't wait to see him in this supporting role.  I believe  this WW2 film will be the greatest release about WW2 since "Pearl Harbor"!

1 hour ago, Cereza said:

What can I say, I have high standards. By the way, 1 tasty magician—not at his most Wolverine sadly. I am NOT a Chrisitian Bale fan. :negative: 

Of course now this begs the question: has anyone pulled off a really successful Gothic Horror since Nosferatu

NOT a Christian Bale fan..? Good gawd, Cereza... what are you, woman? A soulless, black-hearted heathen?  :facepalm:  Who doesn't like Christian Bale?? And here I thought you and I were well on our way to being Internet besties.... and then you go and say something like that. (sigh)

However... you did manage to save yourself from complete humiliation IMO with the Nosferatu reference. What a creepy classic! A "must see" for any fan of the horror genre.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

NOT a Christian Bale fan..? Good gawd, Cereza... what are you, woman? A soulless, black-hearted heathen?  :facepalm:  Who doesn't like Christian Bale?? And here I thought you and I were well on our way to being Internet besties.... and then you go and say something like that. (sigh)

However... you did manage to save yourself from complete humiliation IMO with the Nosferatu reference. What a creepy classic! A "must see" for any fan of the horror genre.

While I know better than to make assumptions about an actor because of a character he portrays, there was always a connection in my mind between him and "Patrick Bateman", so it's fair to say we started out on the wrong foot. Then came his Terminator: Salvation set meltdown and the domestic altercation with his mom and sister, and that was it. Too many negative associations. The man became a big tall glass of NOPE. It's not a loss; Hollywood has continued to chuck hot Englishmen at my eyeballs: Idris Elba, Benedict Cumberbatch, the aforementioned Tom Hardy…keep 'em comin' Britannia!

• Like 1

While I know better than to make assumptions about an actor because of a character he portrays, there was always a connection in my mind between him and "Patrick Bateman", so it's fair to say we started out on the wrong foot. Then came his Terminator: Salvation set meltdown and the domestic altercation with his mom and sister, and that was it. Too many negative associations. The man became a big tall glass of NOPE. It's not a loss; Hollywood has continued to chuck hot Englishmen at my eyeballs: Idris Elba, Benedict Cumberbatch, the aforementioned Tom Hardy…keep 'em comin' Britannia!

I'm a calls it as I sees it kind of guy who embraces the purple side of life and Benedict Cucumberbatch is the weirdest looking dude ever

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Purple Patrick said:

I'm a calls it as I sees it kind of guy who embraces the purple side of life and Benedict Cucumberbatch is the weirdest looking dude ever

Google the Reddit thread on funny names for Benedict.

i.e. Wimbledon tennis match

peppermint Scooby snack 

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

Cereza is a chic?

First  UpLULAs and now this? Your situational awareness begins to worry me…  

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

Interesting, but not the source of my user name. 

54 minutes ago, Purple Patrick said:

It's the accent and the eyes man! Do I need to start pic spamming? 

• Like 2