GramGun79

Dinosaur hunter?

In honor of my 1st borns fascination with Jurassic World and a little push from the 7 year old! dads got a little surprise for him. Who am I kidding I wanted this gun from the moment I laid eyes on it on the big screen.

Marlin 1895 SBL with a Leupold scout scope. Tried finding the exact scope from the movie but it seems the silver color is discontinued on this model. This one is supposed to be gun metal but seem a little Purple Patrick! It works well being that the wood grain has traces of purple.

Next range day should be fun.

c0877edc3f07d90de706dbe15dd48dfd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Nice!!! I did the same thing after seeing that movie. I set mine up a little differently by adding an XS scout rail (with a ghost ring rear sight) and a Burris Fastfire.

It's a fun gun to shoot and the recoil isn't all that bad either with lighter loads

8e65b6c5983ca169084c56fb389cdfba.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah - I want to try reloading these as well. I bought a Lee Loader kit (link below) and I've been saving my brass. This kit seemed like a good way to dip my toe into reloading without dropping a lot of money on full blown dies and presses

Lee Precision 45/70 Govt Loader https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00162RQU8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_vc3jzbZ9SKBAP

I was looking at that one but may go with a single stage press being that i shoot a lot of 308 and looking into building a 6.5 it may be more beneficial.

The press definitely seems the right way for you to go if you're going to load 308/6.5.

Any idea what grain bullet you plan on loading for the 45/70? I'm still looking at options and trying to make a choice

53 minutes ago, Purple Patrick said:

I do like the scope. I'm having a hard time not picking up the Henry and tricking it out similarly. You know for when you need to shoot a t-rex thru a brick wall

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

C'mon get them to make a 12ga lever!

• Like 1

I hate you guys! I'm a huge fan of the 45-70! I going to get a lever gun,  probably a Henry. But I also really want an Uberti Sharp's replica, I love the movie Quigley Down Under! Nothing like shooting steel at distance and having enough time to put your rifle on the bench before you hear the bullet hit the target!

I have not seen the newer jurassic park. Guess I need to if they are killing dinosaurs with them!

• Like 1

On 5/25/2017 at 7:24 PM, GramGun79 said:

In honor of my 1st borns fascination with Jurassic World and a little push from the 7 year old! dads got a little surprise for him. Who am I kidding I wanted this gun from the moment I laid eyes on it on the big screen.

Marlin 1895 SBL with a Leupold scout scope. Tried finding the exact scope from the movie but it seems the silver color is discontinued on this model. This one is supposed to be gun metal but seem a little Purple Patrick! It works well being that the wood grain has traces of purple.

Next range day should be fun.

c0877edc3f07d90de706dbe15dd48dfd.jpg

Purdy