Down South

Don't know how to drive

I drive quite a bit for my job. Just a few observations of 17 years of driving in the Northeast. Wow....

NY drivers have a bad habit of driving in the left lane 20mph below the speed limit and won't move out of the way. Drive right, pass left. It's not that hard. Basic shit they taught you in drivers ed. Maybe you should take that class again....

Pa drivers (especially Philly drivers) tend to cross multiple lanes of traffic to make their exit at the last possible second. Usually, without any regard of other traffic in the other lanes, because they drive with their heads stuck up their ass. They mark the exits at least 2 miles ahead of the exit..plan ahead, the exit shouldn't be a surprise. Not rocket science. Learn to use your turn signals too. They came as standard equipment on your car, use them. 

NJ drivers are special little snowflakes too...they can't stand to wait in lines of traffic, so they will use the emergency lanes to cut the line and get ahead of everyone. Don't be an asshole. Wait in line like everyone else. You're no better than anyone else. 

Ct drivers are generally clueless, and seem to think they are the ONLY people on the road. I have yet to figure out why they are so fucked up. Must be something in the water. 

Mass drivers are their own special kind of stupid. They bob and weave, tailgate dangerously, and seem to get pissed off when you pass them to avoid their erratic driving habits. They will then pass you, and once they are back in front of you, they slow down again for no reason at all. I avoid Mass drivers at all costs. I hate it when I have to go up to Boston. 

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

NJ drivers are special little snowflakes too...they can't stand to wait in lines of traffic, so they will use the emergency lanes to cut the line and get ahead of everyone. Don't be an asshole. Wait in line like everyone else. You're no better than anyone else.  

nah fuck that.

I did that shit like 6 times on my way home from the in-laws recently.  traffic all backed up like a motherfucker, so I jumped into every exit/entry/merge area that was clear and used it to sail on by hundreds of cars and trucks. open lanes? i'm taking it. :D easily lopped 30 minutes off the delays, at least according to waze.

3 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

XFytNas.gif

I called the cops once because of a semi doing that at a similar angle but way, way longer, so taking up 2 lanes and passing damn close to other oblivious drivers to his right.

As for drivers in the area, I grow so very tired of out of staters (or wannabe law enforcerers) sitting in the left lane doing 15 under the limit. However, worst of all are the indecisive drivers who come to say a T intersection, see a car a half mile down the road, decide to wait a few seconds, inch up and rethink their decision, decide to keep waiting, inch up some more, then when the oncoming car is 100 feet away, pull out at 5mph and putter down the road, hitting 0 to 35 in a blistering 45 seconds. Almost as much fun as the idiots on cell phones who you can't tell if they are drunk or just so incapable of doing two things at once that it is amazing they have lived to driving age in the first place (and if they continue doing so, may not reach much older).  But really, Aunt Sarah really needs to know about how someone was mean to you at the supermarket when you left your cart in the middle of the aisle, no need to pay attention to steering 5000lbs of steel down the road at 70mph.