vladtepes

New Gun Beretta 1301

So I got a Beretta 1301, and will be uploading pictures soon.. 

But problem number one was mounting a light... there are solutions out there.. but they require a barrel clap.. that then gets a rail attached to it.. then a mount.. then a light.. so like 4 links together just to get a light mounted to the gun.. which I found absurd.. 

I purchased a Nordic Comp mag extension with barrel clap that is threaded for a rail.. instead of a rail I made a mount for my Surefire Scout.. 

Some pics..

1301-1.JPG

1301-2.JPG

1301-3.JPG

1301-4.JPG

1301-5.JPG

1301mount1.jpg

1301mount2.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, High Exposure said:

And a Mesa Urbino stock. How do you like that?

love it.. Mesa stuff is good to go.. quality is definitely there.. 

the grip is very rubbery.. and super comfortable.. 

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Pistol grip shotguns feel weird to me, but to each his own. 

I really wanted to like it without the PG.. I really really tried.. I think that I just shoot carbines so much PG is second nature to me.. I shoot very squared off and boxy facing the target.. the PG lets me get tighter 

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Mesa Tactical side saddle?  Well done

full of Polyshocks for @High Exposure LOL..

• Like 1

On 5/29/2017 at 9:28 PM, Ray Ray said:

Pistol grip shotguns feel weird to me, but to each his own. 

I'm the same way.  Hard to explain. 

Love my 1301 (I have the comp model).  

Some points to ponder!

• Spare parts:  Keep a bolt cam pin handy and spare hammer struts.  Left and right struts are unique, keep one of each.  They will fail somewhere north of 5k rounds.  Bolt cam pin starts looking fugly after a few thousand rounds
  • Lifter spring, you can clip 3 coils off and make loading much easier/faster.  I have nearly 6 coils off and it sticks sometimes but 3 is very safe. 
  • Weld the lifter and never get a finger pinched or a round popping on the lifter while loading
  • Don't be afraid to chop it open

574912F8-AD43-45AE-84E4-00D18B0A5F40_zps

F142C3C9-1139-41CE-B8CC-97D851569153_zps

• Like 2

On 5/31/2017 at 9:01 AM, glennp said:

Love my 1301 (I have the comp model).  

Some points to ponder!

• Spare parts:  Keep a bolt cam pin handy and spare hammer struts.  Left and right struts are unique, keep one of each.  They will fail somewhere north of 5k rounds.  Bolt cam pin starts looking fugly after a few thousand rounds
  • Lifter spring, you can clip 3 coils off and make loading much easier/faster.  I have nearly 6 coils off and it sticks sometimes but 3 is very safe. 
  • Weld the lifter and never get a finger pinched or a round popping on the lifter while loading
  • Don't be afraid to chop it open

574912F8-AD43-45AE-84E4-00D18B0A5F40_zps

F142C3C9-1139-41CE-B8CC-97D851569153_zps

what kind of ammo do you like to shoot in it.. also what is the lightest ammo you have successfully run though it.. taking my wife out to shoot it and want to work up to normal ammo.. 

My 1301 Comp will easily run 2-3/4 dram 1 oz or 1-1/8 oz loads w/o failure.  I have used 3/4 oz hand loads as well with Claybusters wads and Hodgdon Clays powder on the upper end of the published loading data. Even got a Stoeger M3K to run on 2-3/4 dram loads.

On 6/2/2017 at 8:01 AM, vladtepes said:

what kind of ammo do you like to shoot in it.. also what is the lightest ammo you have successfully run though it.. taking my wife out to shoot it and want to work up to normal ammo.. 

Anything 2-3/4 dram and up will function 100%.  Anything under that gets iffy, although many people report going under that without issues.  Mine seems to be a little abnormal in that regard but that's ok, I just shoot whats on sale anyways and that's never powder puff loads.  So basically 1oz 1200fps or 1-1/8 at 1145ish is the "floor" per se, but that's for mine which likes them a little hotter like I said.  It shoots soft anyways compared to say an M2, though!