Steve B

June 11th - CJRPC USPSA Match

The next USPSA match is June 11th.
Please click here to register.

USPSA match with 2 classifiers and 7 stages (first time for this)

**NEW MATCH START TIMES** 
- New shooters meeting is 8:00 am.
- Registration will close at 8:30 am
- Squads called at 9:00 am

- We are starting set up Saturday Night so please show up early Sunday to help finish.

Please come and help set up, and be sure to break down the stages at the end of the day.

- Prizes are sponsored by Hot Rides Auto & Truck Accessories.

Questions/comments please email me: [email protected]

****NOTICE****
--- MATCH FEES ---
CJ Members is $20 NON CJ Members is $25

52 minutes ago, Steve B said:

Board members decided to overcharge and take away prize payouts. So i decided to take it on myself till i can get some outside sponsors for the match.

Still cash prizes or? 

How manyfolks expected for match? 

7 stages plus classifiers sure is good value though. 

This was my first time making the trek to CJ for a USPSA match, most definitely worth the drive.  Nine stages and some of them were really great stages.  Seems they must have had a big sale on no shoot targets, boy were there a lot of them out there :)

Well keep an eye out for me next month, I enjoyed the match so much I will probably make the trek again next time.  Would love to see them.  You could always email them to me :)

• Like 1

So does my M&P. I saw others have some nasty issues with their fancy steel guns and mags while my plastic piece of shit ran like a champ. [emoji3]

Yup, those 2011's sure don't like dust, dirt, sand, cold, certain ammo; and get finicky if you look at them cross eyed too ;)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Howard said:

Yup, those 2011's sure don't like dust, dirt, sand, cold, certain ammo; and get finicky if you look at them cross eyed too ;)

Hmm ran the CJ match for a few years using my 2011. It never had issues with the CJ sand. Runs factory length .40 fine. Shoots everything from 135pf .40 up to 178pf just fine. Runs my major loads just fine in weather from 16F to 102F.  Frankly my respiratory system has more mechanical issues with the CJ sand than my 2011. 

2 hours ago, raz-0 said:

Hmm ran the CJ match for a few years using my 2011. It never had issues with the CJ sand. Runs factory length .40 fine. Shoots everything from 135pf .40 up to 178pf just fine. Runs my major loads just fine in weather from 16F to 102F.  Frankly my respiratory system has more mechanical issues with the CJ sand than my 2011. 

This. Same with my open gun. It ran.

Yes messing around, somewhat.  But in all seriousness the guns that seem to have the most issues at matches are guns like 2011's.  It seems the more one spends on a gun the tighter the tolerances and the more prone to failures they are.

A few years ago I took my father who at the time was 80 to the range.  He had not touched a gun in over 50 years but had quite a bit of experience commanding an ordnance facility North of the 38th in Korea.  When I handed him my S&W Performance Center 1911 he asked why I had a 1911 as they were crap.  He was basing this on the ones he had in Korea which were so loose and sloppy that as he put it you would be lucky to hit the wide side of a barn with them.  He proceeded to dump a full magazine into the Alpha area of the target at ten yards.  His response was wow, these sure are better than the old style 1911's.  My response was wow, eight alphas after not touching a gun in 50 years!

• Like 1