gleninjersey

What Do You Drive Currently. What Was Your Favorite & Least Favorite Vehicle?

mini vans, not my pick but we had 3 over the yrs lol, wife loved them and I always had a truck which was all I cared about. Say what you want but the ones with the fold in the floor seats are exremely versatile. 7 passengers or lay down a 4x8 pc of plywood flat on the floor, same size as with a full size truck. Not same weight cap of course but can haul a lot.

1 hour ago, siderman said:

mini vans, not my pick but we had 3 over the yrs lol, wife loved them and I always had a truck which was all I cared about. Say what you want but the ones with the fold in the floor seats are exremely versatile. 7 passengers or lay down a 4x8 pc of plywood flat on the floor, same size as with a full size truck. Not same weight cap of course but can haul a lot.

Yea, it also comes with mom jeans, "dress" sweatpants and an afterhours pass to Walmart for you and your kids good from 2am to 4am. 

Wtf gents? Minivans? For the sake of the future of testosterone in humans, consider seppuku. 

Some threads take massive left turns. Call me presumptuous, but I don't think OP thought this would go here. 

To bring it back to sanity, here's a gratituous pic of a wholly nowhere near sensible supercar with a even less sensible chick, no mom jeans in sight:

IMG_7232.JPG

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Walt of Destiny said:

Yea, it also comes with mom jeans, "dress" sweatpants and an afterhours pass to Walmart for you and your kids good from 2am to 4am. 

Wtf gents? Minivans? For the sake of the future of testosterone in humans, consider seppuku. 

Some threads take massive left turns. Call me presumptuous, but I don't think OP thought this would go here. 

To bring it back to sanity, here's a gratituous pic of a wholly nowhere near sensible supercar with a even less sensible chick, no mom jeans in sight:

IMG_7232.JPG

lol, like I said I had my trucks.

1 hour ago, Walt of Destiny said:

IMG_7232.JPG

I need to like this more than once! 

• Like 1

1996 ford taurus.  Got it from an old lady that only took to church and back on sundays.  Most things work in it.  Very comfortable.   Shes my pride and joy.  I actually have a fleet of cars. 8 of them.  But i just cant give here up.  Other than that usually my 2013 250 crew cab king ranch.  Wife drives the r series xc90 volvo. My 12 yr old drives the kubota 1100.  

image.jpg

I must have blocked out my worst car when I first replied. I think I need to change my answer to 1980 Chevy Monza 2+2 I believe it was a 3.2 Liter V6 stick shift piece of junk. It lasted me less than a year.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have a pretty sweet ride, you guys will be jealous. I have a1998 Toyota camry, got it from my poppop, still proudly have his WW2 unit sticker in the back ( 5th airforce 4th airdrome squadron)

I like both the cars I've owned, both the camry and the 97 maxima. Best of all, no car payments

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Current 04 FORD Ranger Ranger 4x4 pickup                                                                                                                                    Favorites 66 GTO convertible or 66 CHEVY Stepside P/U                                                                                                         Absolute worst pos '73 CHEVY VEGA 

I generally don't respond to personal questions like this but I believe I have something to offer here.

We recently sold a 2004 Siena van and bought a 2017 Acura MDX. The new ride is very comfortable. I like the rear camera, the climate control, the interior, the collision avoidance. The electronics are pathetic -- 1990s vintage. Touch screen practically unusable. Very poorly designed menus. We don't use the navigation because it's like a 15 year old Tom Tom. The default controls (seat position, mirrors, etc.) are annoying. The third row is a complete and total waste. Trunk is smaller than in my 1984 Civic's. The sound system dash controls remind me of the "Stonehenge" scene from This Is Spinal Tap

My opinion: If you're thinking of buying an Acura, Infinity, or Lexus save yourself $20,000 and get a nice version of the parent brand vehicle. They look just as nice, use mostly the same chassis and engine. People will not think you're a freaking surgeon when you step out but that's a minor issue. 

2 hours ago, Newtonian said:

We recently sold a 2004 Siena van and bought a 2017 Acura MDX. The new ride is very comfortable. I like the rear camera, the climate control, the interior, the collision avoidance. The electronics are pathetic -- 1990s vintage. Touch screen practically unusable. Very poorly designed menus. We don't use the navigation because it's like a 15 year old Tom Tom. The default controls (seat position, mirrors, etc.) are annoying. The third row is a complete and total waste. Trunk is smaller than in my 1984 Civic's. The sound system dash controls remind me of the "Stonehenge" scene from This Is Spinal Tap

Good to know - I generally avoid Acuras anyway though I am looking at the Honda Pilot.

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Good to know - I generally avoid Acuras anyway though I am looking at the Honda Pilot.

I'm not knocking Acura really, just the pathetic lack of real driver-based innovation in these cars. I'm sure Infiniti and Lexus are just as lame. There is no excuse for a car's operating system to be a solid 10 years behind what you can buy for $100 at best buy. I knew the electronics were proprietary but I am awe-struck at how amateurish it is.

Cars are like any other consumer good. After a certain price point diminishing returns become punitive. Unless money is no object (certainly not true here but I'm not getting divorced over a stupid car) the best value is found in the $15,000 to $35,000 price range. I'm talking average people not hobbyists.

From my recent experience I also advise against getting any "packages" that involve entertainment or "technology." Total waste of money IMO.

Next time my wife complains "another Russian rifle??" I'm going to point out that Mother Russia could arm a freaking regiment for what that damn car cost me.

On 6/2/2017 at 7:55 PM, Golf battery said:

1996 ford taurus.  Got it from an old lady that only took to church and back on sundays.  Most things work in it.  Very comfortable.   Shes my pride and joy.  I actually have a fleet of cars. 8 of them.  But i just cant give here up.  Other than that usually my 2013 250 crew cab king ranch.  Wife drives the r series xc90 volvo. My 12 yr old drives the kubota 1100.  

image.jpg

Hopefully she drives like her mother and not her father.  You scared the crap out of me the last time that you took me out on the orange terror.  Ha, ha, ha!

Oh, and to answer the original question, I am still daily driving a 2003 Wrangler Rubicon.  She's been steadfast in both her daily and "fun" (offroad) driving duties.  The 4.0L motor still runs like a mother-f-er, although the body is starting to show age.

I have a 2001 Mustang Cobra coupe for my fun / show / track car with about 25K miles on her.  She's never going to leave me as long as I'm alive.

The wife drives a 2016 Explorer that I get to drive sometimes.  It's my favorite non-performance car so far.

Others:

1991 Jeep Wrangler

2006 Explorer

1965 Mustang coupe

1987 Mustang hatchback

1998 Jeep Cherokee

2005 Land Rover Piece of Shit

2 hours ago, fatty said:

I thought paying 800-1000 per month was bad for my kid going to pre-school...  can't imagine your monthly bill on that

I can live with $263 for 9 days for a Kennel then.

15 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Oh, and to answer the original question, I am still daily driving a 2003 Wrangler Rubicon.  She's been steadfast in both her daily and "fun" (offroad) driving duties.  The 4.0L motor still runs like a mother-f-er, although the body is starting to show age.

I have a 2001 Mustang Cobra coupe for my fun / show / track car with about 25K miles on her.  She's never going to leave me as long as I'm alive.

The wife drives a 2016 Explorer that I get to drive sometimes.  It's my favorite non-performance car so far.

Others:

1991 Jeep Wrangler

2006 Explorer

1965 Mustang coupe

1987 Mustang hatchback

1998 Jeep Cherokee

2005 Land Rover Piece of Shit

Loved my 04 Rubicon.  That was one of my ra-grets.

• Like 1