capt14k

Homegrown Scumbag Humper eric120 of Manchester Twp, NJ

Gunbroker fraud turd alert.

Here is the rifle eric120 bought

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/633644556

and here is the rifle he is selling with added Nazi stamps, altered serial number, and Radom Receiver stamp.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/651821970

Isn't altering a serial number a felony?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow, what a d**k. He ruined a nice rifle, and created a fake that will get out into the market... Did you report it to gunbroker? They should stop the auction.

Multiple people have. They haven't stopped auctions in the past but hopefully they do. He has done it before too. Check out his previous auctions.

Here is the before and after of the current auction

aed5c2401e092793d2cae6f7c90a1786.jpg44b6b7c78d59c3c8fc922923a206b4dd.jpg

2ac5cde981f541d4869b0ff59bfd06d6.jpg772b9cacc54045319e7dd7c85c67bf9d.jpg

Here is his fake Radom Stamps done with a roll stamp

370d7354f2e8884d89170e431470580c.jpgb751cb20da7aadf8a7ddca4c89dd21e9.jpg

And Real Radom Stamps notice the M

c15cb9d2a1f8282b5d67e7b6533b9300.jpg

4777c6ceccf577e0a07a6d8838241bc0.jpg

8083a1b27d8c35b59c0ebc4e83382219.jpg

Above info provided by other members at gunboards. Hopefully no one here has a rifle that looks like eric120's or bought one from him.

Wow, thanks for doing the sidebyside comparison. 

I can't take credit for doing it. It was done by a member at gunboards. I figured it was important to share.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Does anyone have the link to the scope group buy scam or remember who the guy was?

It's pinned at the top of the Optics and Accessories sub forum of the Firearms section.

https://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/66701-eotech-exps2-1-exps2-2-group-buy-official-ordering-thread/

https://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/68442-bugsy-group-buy-resolution-thread/

Yeah, Bugsy.

I did read through the scope thread and it is almost exactly how things went down on The Expertish Mosin Group Buy on Calguns. Except that involved a lot more people and money. Guy made every excuse in the book and in the end stiffed the majority of the people. They sent PayPal gift and money orders and didn't get anything back.

Maybe we should bid this gun up, play dumb, then suddenly discover the fraud before paying...

I just sent an email to gun broker showing both auctions --  I requested they contact his bidders and disclose the info

8 hours ago, High Exposure said:

I completely forgot about that... and was shocked to see me reply in that thread. =)

I am sure everyone got their money back... I do find it hard to believe he did it intentionally from the get go? (i don't recall my phone convo with him and would have to go back and check my pms).

In any case, he was someone that did like 20 positive deals on the forum and even @tj462nj said he was an alright guy.  Likely just a really bad circumstance, and once the charge backs started rolling in.... he fell upside down in fees and had no money to pay back. 

What this guy is doing to the rifles.... is plain out deceitful, scammy and illegal. 

3 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Unfortunately, stuff like this stops people from getting more into C&R collecting.  

With German stuff... and the very rare stuff, it is pretty much out there.... (as well as the fakes of the Russian scopes and mounts).

If you are collecting the regular C&R... the chance is quite low.

Stay away from the "hot, must have, rare" stuff,  buy the gun, not the story. (unless it is documented), and stay away from guns you cannot touch and hold yourself. (ie armslist, gunbroker).

3 hours ago, Schrödinger's cat said:

Yikes! I never read those threads until now, that's really scary. I pretty much trust everyone that isn't brand new to the forum. I'm shocked that something like that happened to a long standing member.

@Schrödinger's cat the guy who did the Eotech deal I don't believe personally he set out to defraud people, but merely got screwed by banks upon first chargeback and fell upside down, cascading issues.  He is by all accounts the only issue the forum had to my knowledge of a group buy gone wrong in over 8 years.

The guy that @capt14k found on gunbroker, is NOT a forum member to the best of my knowledge and investigation. 

• Like 1

I have to say thank you@Maksim for not allowing censorship on this forum. Heck we even have the 1st Amendment Lounge where anything goes.

The opposite of gunboards which has deleted the thread about the humped wz29 done by eric120 of gunbroker. Not the first time threads and posts have disappeared there. The interesting part is it didn't disappear til talk of fake SA Stamps on Finnish Firearms started.