capt14k

Homegrown Scumbag Humper eric120 of Manchester Twp, NJ

31 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I have to say thank you@Maksim for not allowing censorship on this forum. Heck we even have the 1st Amendment Lounge where anything goes.

The opposite of gunboards which has deleted the thread about the humped wz29 done by eric120 of gunbroker. Not the first time threads and posts have disappeared there. The interesting part is it didn't disappear til talk of fake SA Stamps on Finnish Firearms started.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have zero issues with this since I know we will maintain civility. =)

I am just appalled that someone would of deleted the discussion on gunboards. 

The thread on gunboards was deleted by Vic according to other Mods. As soon as fake SA Stamps were brought up hambone was attacked, my post defending hambone was deleted, thread was moved to negative feedback forum, then entire thread disappeared. It was speculated it was deleted because of Vic's personal issues with hambone but I think there maybe more to the story.

Here is the link to k98kforum at which hambone is a Mod.

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?t=27173

Here is the link to the only thread left on gunboards which I expect to be gone sooner than later.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=777121

Update on above thread. As predicted it has been locked and will soon be deleted as well.

This thread may shine some light on things.

http://collectorguns35625.yuku.com/topic/3579/Where-did-it-all-start-with-the-Gunboards-dispute

This behavior sucks and seeing the BNZ45 K98 I recently sold renumbered just sucks. If you do your research you can avoid being sucked into the trap. It is crazy that people who have large amount of disposable income will buy this crap and later be stuck with it.

This behavior sucks and seeing the BNZ45 K98 I recently sold renumbered just sucks. If you do your research you can avoid being sucked into the trap. It is crazy that people who have large amount of disposable income will buy this crap and later be stuck with it.

You are referring to the barreled action correct? I didn't realize you were a Jersey guy too. Great work on catching the BNZ45. Did seller ever give an excuse on that one or just cancel the auction and will sell it at the next show?

8 minutes ago, capt14k said:

You are referring to the barreled action correct? I didn't realize you were a Jersey guy too. Great work on catching the BNZ45. Did seller ever give an excuse on that one or just cancel the auction and will sell it at the next show?

We have met before I purchased a Type 99 from you. I never emailed him at all but I'm sure someone told him he was busted, then he pulled the auction. The rifle needed more than just a bolt renumber to even be able to pass it off as a correct rifle. A original Kriegsmodell Steyr stock is next to impossible to find due to the unique eagle H and bolt cutout. The rear sight was not numbered either which it should be. The bolt he destroyed is a $250-300 ebay item and it's sad because the rifle it goes to could be out there.

We have met before I purchased a Type 99 from you. I never emailed him at all but I'm sure someone told him he was busted, then he pulled the auction. The rifle needed more than just a bolt renumber to even be able to pass it off as a correct rifle. A original Kriegsmodell Steyr stock is next to impossible to find due to the unique eagle H and bolt cutout. The rear sight was not numbered either which it should be. The bolt he destroyed is a $250-300 ebay item and it's sad because the rifle it goes to could be out there.

Yes we have. I didn't put the k98kforum connection together.

I did read through the scope thread and it is almost exactly how things went down on The Expertish Mosin Group Buy on Calguns. Except that involved a lot more people and money. Guy made every excuse in the book and in the end stiffed the majority of the people. They sent PayPal gift and money orders and didn't get anything back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's why I never do that. Even when dealing on here, I'll add the 3% to be fair to the seller, but after I saw the scope thing happen here, I was less trusting.

Which is a shame since I think highly of everyone on these forums, just can't risk it.

Also, screw that guy ruining that mauser.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Looks like the other guy rescrubbed the rifle. If he wanted to show real proof show the two rifles together not photoshopped.

1bb04a8a9f00ca99b5fe59c7d8409bed.jpg

heh?

heh?

Looks to me like seller stamped a different rifle or re-scrubbed it Bottom of 1 9 and 2 is missing on latest one. Why not show the 2 rifles together?

Original

b66eb3c31616696982f70c078093a11f.jpg

Humped 1

9d93dab56e17750f73620f65637f876c.jpg

Humped 2

01ba368a689efb310cce7842e269b180.jpg

6fb739861738c1a0aa44a3252d2fd258.jpg

5 hours ago, Schrödinger's cat said:

How would one of you collecters know if there is a fake roll mark ?

Whoa.... he just took pics of the same rifle now without it on. heh.

Just look at the stock though... it has gouges in the exact same spots.... Can't beleive he put both sets of photos in the listing.

Whoa.... he just took pics of the same rifle now without it on. heh.
Just look at the stock though... it has gouges in the exact same spots.... Can't beleive he put both sets of photos in the listing.

You are correct. That leads me to believe he re-scrubbed it, photoshopped it, or stamped another one and put it in the same stock. Any Photoshop experts here that can pull the layers out?

... and here is the image of the receiver from the rifle he first bought...  Same stock.

pix494441459.jpg

I believe he scrubbed and restamped...

Look at the angle on the 2.

In the original and his modified... the two is at an angle out.

On his last photo, the 2 is slanted inward. 

• Like 1

Actually, the two looks like a completely different font.

He scrubbed it. You can still see remnants of the Eagles head. I think you're right that he submitted m stamped new numbers at least the 2. Maybe his hand was shaky when trying to remove the A.

The "1492" are different.  Different font mainly in the number 2, like Maksim stated.  I do high end reproduction decals so it's very noticable.

So our local moron has now completely defaced the serial number. He maybe the worst criminal of all time.

4 hours ago, capt14k said:

Here is another humped up mess that comes with fake capture papers and is now being sold for the third time. It is being referred to as the hot potato of turds.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/652799912

Am not a K98 collector, but beyond the "story" and looking way tooo nice to be a war rifle.... what's wrong with it?

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

Am not a K98 collector, but beyond the "story" and looking way tooo nice to be a war rifle.... what's wrong with it?

It's a bogus code. While the receiver codes do exist individually they were not stamped together.There is a earlier war dual code rifle with a BCD/AR marking. The receiver stamping on this rifle are crudely done by hand.  The 2 factories stamped are in different countries. A lot of  parts were often out sourced on late war rifles but not like this.  The stock would more than likely not have a sn externally and it should be a full or semi Kriegsmodell type. Byf 44 L block on had this type of stock.

Yes it is possible for the rifle to be pristine after all these years.These are all legit collectibles,some are unfired.

19463A37-864E-4C29-BC4B-3C3A87166CF8_zps

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BMWR12 said:

It's a bogus code. While the receiver codes do exist individually they were not stamped together.There is a earlier war dual code rifle with a BCD/AR marking. The receiver stamping on this rifle are crudely done by hand.  The 2 factories stamped are in different countries. A lot of  parts were often out sourced on late war rifles but not like this.  The stock would more than likely not have a sn externally and it should be a full or semi Kriegsmodell type. Byf 44 L block on had this type of stock.

Yes it is possible for the rifle to be pristine after all these years.These are all legit collectibles,some are unfired.

19463A37-864E-4C29-BC4B-3C3A87166CF8_zps

Thanks for sharing the pic. =) Gorgeous guns, just never got that deep into K98s.

Read the second link and yep... amazed someone would do that... or that a dealer just bought the story and listed it on gunbroker.

I got a reply from gun broker -- at least they seem to care -- I wonder if ATF is looking at this...

Jun 2, 6:29 PM EDT 

Thank you.  We are aware of the issue and waiting to hear back from the seller.  (It won't end well for him)

GunBroker.com Customer Service