Schrödinger's cat

ATT. Shane, Old School, Eric. and other LR guys

SC,

Sorry, I just saw this post...

While I'm definitely not the final word on this, I'll throw in my two pennies on scopes used in a tactical/precision rifle role.

I feel if you are shooting PRS style precision rifle, with similar situations and distances, then you want a scope with magnification on the low end, around 4x-6x and on the high end of magnification of 20x-25x\ maybe 30x, tops.  I think others covered over magnification issues, already i.e. mirage, narrow field of view, reticle obscuring of target, etc.  Thing is, magnification only makes you more accurate, to a point.  If you are shooting long distance or ELR, too much mag may hurt your focus due to heart rate, breathing movement, etc.  Benchrest guys basically use sleds to hold their rifles, so can get away with higher magnification levels.

I have experience with NF, Vortex, S&B and US Optics glass.  The two *I* prefer are NF and Vortex.  Actually, Vortex is my current fav.  S&B is hard to beat on all levels except for the price.  I just feel the better value w/performance is NF or Vortex.  I had a US Optics that would not hold a zero.  Sent it back, had the turrets rebuilt, still had zero and tracking issues, FWIW.  I sold it after the 3rd factory rebuild.

On that note, buying used glass can be a good deal with a company, like, Vortex.  They offer an UNCONDITIONAL lifetime warranty, regardless of owner.  I love this company and I run a Vortex Razor.  Yes, I'm biased.

My last thought, which echos what the smart ppl have told me is to buy top quality glass.  Do not skimp here.

I hope this helps some?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schrödinger's cat said:

No.  I have the Gen I Razor 5-20x.  The Gen II is a better scope but im not sure it's "gooder" enough for me to sell mine and upgrade.  Ive been on the fence about selling my Gen I but just havent pulled the trigger yet.

Oh, EBR2b.  Its more or less the same as the 2c.  One feature that is very nice is that the center where the crosshairs meet is open a tiny bit. This way if youre at the highest magnification you can see through the hole where the crosshairs meet.

Well I'm pleased as punch!!

I just was notified that I'll be voted on for membership acceptance to Palmetto Gun Club

Pistol bays, Cowboy action sets, 100yd range, and 300-800yd range.

Total 600 members

Great place to "reach out"  and 15 minutes from my house.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Old School said:

I just was notified that I'll be voted on for membership acceptance to Palmetto Gun Club

Total 600 members

Funny no one called me for a reference maybe that's why you'll get in! :)

27 minutes ago, Old School said:

Rob - Only members can vote. Members who are known to be of good character...:huh:

Damnit!  What's the guest policy?  

On 6/4/2017 at 8:36 AM, Maksim said:

I should have another 10 or 12% coupon to use if you want... and go through our link... we get credit. =)

Sorry off topic......

Maskim does all links through the NJGF site get referral credits or only specific vendors or only when you guys post them? Just curious so we can all do our part to help cover costs administering to this site. Not sure if this is something that you guys tell everyone. If not then this would be a good time to enlighten us and any other member that's not aware.

On 6/16/2017 at 8:46 AM, Old School said:

Total 600 members

3 hours ago, Schrödinger's cat said:

Wow, I was not aware of any 800 yard ranges in NJ. Are there any others?

He's in South Carolina

just an FYI, Im a member @ New Holland RPC incase anyone wants to stretch it out to 735yds.  Its not 1K, but its close. 

On 6/16/2017 at 8:46 AM, Old School said:

here comes trouble....if they kno u like we do, ur in for a fight, -lol    gd luck!