Hello everyone, brand new to the board so let me know if I'm in the right subforum or if I can have this better answered elsewhere. pagunforums.com anyone? lol

Can anyone recommend an FFL in Pennsylvania that will pin weld breaks, pin stocks, and also accept transfers. I live in North Jersey so anything in North PA with low FFL and gunsmithing fees are preferable. I am running into problems with a shop refusing to send complete AR 15s to NJ FFLs. Any help is appreciated.

31 minutes ago, Sig said:

Hello everyone, brand new to the board so let me know if I'm in the right subforum or if I can have this better answered elsewhere. pagunforums.com anyone? lol

Can anyone recommend an FFL in Pennsylvania that will pin weld breaks, pin stocks, and also accept transfers. I live in North Jersey so anything in North PA with low FFL and gunsmithing fees are preferable. I am running into problems with a shop refusing to send complete AR 15s to NJ FFLs. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for coming to the forum and welcome!.

Okay.... so.... this is an obvious question, but why not just pick up from a jersey FFL, same for ordering rifles. =)

Unless you are living on the border of PA... you will likely be spending more money on gas.  Furthermore, there are plenty of low cost FFLs in the state, ie $25 plus NICS.  They are also able to do all of the compliance work that you may need.

Finally I am sure you are aware, you may be able to save money in PA, as the NICS fee is $5? rather than $15 in NJ, however that will only help you when it comes to rifles you still need to pick up handguns from a NJ FFL.

You can start here...

njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/gunstores/

Find the closest FFL or preferably a vendor.

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

Thanks for coming to the forum and welcome!.

Okay.... so.... this is an obvious question, but why not just pick up from a jersey FFL, same for ordering rifles. =)

Unless you are living on the border of PA... you will likely be spending more money on gas.  Furthermore, there are plenty of low cost FFLs in the state, ie $25 plus NICS.  They are also able to do all of the compliance work that you may need.

Finally I am sure you are aware, you may be able to save money in PA, as the NICS fee is $5? rather than $15 in NJ, however that will only help you when it comes to rifles you still need to pick up handguns from a NJ FFL.

You can start here...

njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/gunstores/

Find the closest FFL or preferably a vendor.

Thanks for the warm welcome. @cabalrayz is right is on the money. The company is the one refusing to ship to NJ.

1 hour ago, cabalrayz said:

NJ FFL won't work if company is unwilling to ship the rifle to NJ.

21 minutes ago, Sig said:

Thanks for the warm welcome. @cabalrayz is right is on the money. The company is the one refusing to ship to NJ.

I would think a call from the FFL directly may sometimes alleviate the concerns.

Secondly, why can't the FFL get the same item? I am sure after transfer and compliance work, the price should be close.

While yes, there are some who will just refuse to ship to NJ out of policy, I would think most often it is ignorance of knowing the FFL will and can do compliance work on it.

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

I would think a call from the FFL directly may sometimes alleviate the concerns.

Secondly, why can't the FFL get the same item? I am sure after transfer and compliance work, the price should be close.

While yes, there are some who will just refuse to ship to NJ out of policy, I would think most often it is ignorance of knowing the FFL will and can do compliance work on it.

Any reasonable person would think a call from the FFL would help but my offer to make that happen was dismissed. I have spoken with the manager of the FFL department responsible for refusing shipping and they have stated their designated ATF correspondent advised against sending non-compliant rifles to NJ as did their legal department. Yes, it is likely a combination of ignorance of NJ laws, knee jerk overreaction by their legal department, and refusal to care because only few states have such absurd ambiguous legislation .  I can go on about this forever but I digress. I'm extremely disheartened by the whole situation and just growing tired of it. I would just like my rifle so I've been reduced to finding an FFL/gunsmith in PA

I'm sure a local NJ FFL can get it if they really wanted to but I purchased this rifle through a MDW sale. The small profit margin will likely not be worth the FFLs time.

12 minutes ago, Sig said:

Any reasonable person would think a call from the FFL would help but my offer to make that happen was dismissed. I have spoken with the manager of the FFL department responsible for refusing shipping and they have stated their designated ATF correspondent advised against sending non-compliant rifles to NJ as did their legal department. Yes, it is likely a combination of ignorance of NJ laws, knee jerk overreaction by their legal department, and refusal to care because only few states have such absurd ambiguous legislation .  I can go on about this forever but I digress. I'm extremely disheartened by the whole situation and just growing tired of it. I would just like my rifle so I've been reduced to finding an FFL/gunsmith in PA

I'm sure a local NJ FFL can get it if they really wanted to but I purchased this rifle through a MDW sale. The small profit margin will likely not be worth the FFLs time.

What company is this? To avoid them.

@remixer @Oakridgefirearms @PK90 @JT Custom Guns @nuclearheli

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Maksim said:

What company is this? To avoid them.

@remixer @Oakridgefirearms @PK90 @JT Custom Guns @nuclearheli

Let me preface this by saying I have heard nothing but good things about the company and I have personally ordered small ticket items once from them in the past without issue. Additionally, and to their credit, the manager offered to prepare a quote on parts in lieu of the completed rifle. The manager tried her best to match the rifle I ordered i.e. completed upper, stripped lower, lower parts, extension and I would have to assemble it myself. Despite the manager's best effort the price point totaled higher than if they just shipped me my original order. The company is Primary Arms. NJ residents should avoid purchasing completed rifles from Primary Arms. Primary Arms will not ship completed rifles to NJ which they have failed to state anywhere on their website as policy or at any point during the checkout process.

Let me preface this by saying I have heard nothing but good things about the company and I have personally ordered small ticket items once from them in the past without issue. Additionally, and to their credit, the manager offered to prepare a quote on parts in lieu of the completed rifle. The manager tried her best to match the rifle I ordered i.e. completed upper, stripped lower, lower parts, extension and I would have to assemble it myself. Despite the manager's best effort the price point totaled higher than if they just shipped me my original order. The company is Primary Arms. NJ residents should avoid purchasing completed rifles from Primary Arms. Primary Arms will not ship completed rifles to NJ which they have failed to state anywhere on their website as policy or at any point during the checkout process.

Figured it was Primary arms or psa

9 hours ago, remixer said:

Figured it was Primary arms or psa

PSA won't ship completed rifles either? Say it ain't so. No, seriously tell me if this is actually true :huh:

No one has recommendations for me in PA? :(

2 hours ago, remixer said:

They will not

Option 2 have it shipped to Paul he then can ship to NJ :)

Might not be economic but worth a shot

I'm new to the boards so I'm not familiar with other members just yet. Paul? Where art thou, Paul?

53 minutes ago, Sig said:

I'm new to the boards so I'm not familiar with other members just yet. Paul? Where art thou, Paul?

@PK90, an awesome FFL who served NJ gun owners for a long long time, then moved out to Freedomland somewhere out in the badlands... er deserts of Arizona. =)  He is an FFL who sells NJ compliant stuff and well worth your time to get to know.  You can message him or visit his vendor section here...

https://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/forum/81-estrella-ordnance/

16 minutes ago, Maksim said:

@PK90, an awesome FFL who served NJ gun owners for a long long time, then moved out to Freedomland somewhere out in the badlands... er deserts of Arizona. =)  He is an FFL who sells NJ compliant stuff and well worth your time to get to know.  You can message him or visit his vendor section here...

https://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/forum/81-estrella-ordnance/

Thanks @Maksim, I will check it out. 

• Like 1