Howard

Trijicon HD night sights

Is there a market for used sights?  I have a set of Trijicon HD night sights (big bright yellow from sight) that were on my Glock 35 that I no longer need.

How old? I don't have any Glocks, but it will help you sell it. In any event, the HDs are the best and would be a great buy for someone...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I don't think it really matters, sort of personal preference.  Just like some people like red, orange, green for fiber optics.  The sights are great for what they are designed for.  I have them on a gun that I use for competition and the problem I have with them is that at any distance beyond about 12 yards the front sight appears larger than an 8" steel plate which makes it difficult to be accurate on the plate.

The factory plastic glock rear sights tend to pretty much be the width of the slot on the slide and take up the whole portion. However, many after market sights like the trijicon night sights are not as long and leave a little bit of room at either end where you can see the groove in the slide. Do you find that when removing or installing sights it is common for that rear sight to slide against the slide groove and scratch the finish while it is sliding In or out? I used a sight pusher tool to remove mine and noticed some scratches on either side after the new sights were mounted, but felt that I did everything correct. I am referring to inside that groove on the  slide, not on the body of the slide itself.

Any time I install sights, before and after, I give them a tad of lube. When removing, I let it sit with the lube a few minutes. Usually go get coffee. Then remove. Once they are out, I wipe off all excess and install new. Never had any scratches yet that I'm aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk