Sign in to follow this  
lilred121986

Vortex StrikeFire II 1x30 4 MOA Red Green Dot HELP needed.

Hello Everyone! I have a Vortex StrikeFire II 1x30 4 MOA Red Green Dot w/ Cantilever Mount SF-RG-501. But i am wondering if this is normal for a red dot sight. When i look threw the sight and move my head the dot will move all over.

Examples:

20170604_173559_zpsp8s4adpt.jpg

20170604_173817_zps3m7qq6xt.jpg

20170604_173924_zpshfiksozu.jpg

Hope these help to decide if it normal or if something wrong wint the Red dot.

another question is. On the camera the dot looks like one dot but when i look at it with my eyes it looks like a few smaller dots inside a big dot. Is that something with the 4 MOA? or is it my eyes? Kinda a newbie to scopes and red dots. Thanks for your advice!

Also heres a video i made of the dot.

On the camera the dot looks like one dot but when i look at it with my eyes it looks like a few smaller dots inside a big dot. Is that something with the 4 MOA? or is it my eyes?

Likely some degree of astigmatism in your eyes, and not a problem with the dot.  Here's how you can prove it to yourself - While looking through the optic, rotate it clockwise or counter-clockwise (keep your barrel pointed forward, but rotate your rifle so the left side or right side is facing the floor).

If the pattern of a few smaller dots does NOT rotate when you rotate the optic, then it is astigmatism in your eye that is making you see the pattern.  If the pattern DOES rotate when you rotate the optic, then it's a problem with the optic.

• Like 1

@Golf battery @DirtyDigz I wanna thank you. I just did the test and the pattern of smaller dots does Not rotate when i rotate the optic. So i have a astigmatism  in my eyes. Guess gonna have to go to the Eye dr and see if i can get this fixed. Happy its not my optic but kinda wish it was cuz i hate going to drs haha oh well again thank you for your help :-)

Unless you're overdue for an eye exam, I wouldn't worry about it.  Lots of people have a slight degree of astigmatism but otherwise flawless vision.

I'm guessing you're toying around with the optic indoors/at very short distances, which tend to greatly exaggerate any "defects" in the dot.

Once you get outside/at a range and are using the dot to look at something beyond 10 yards you may no longer notice anything but a single bright dot.

Give it a try outdoors/at a range before you do anything with an eye exam.

.....and astigmatism is not easily fixable. Most assuredly not with glasses.
Just got to get your glasses the best as possible and deal with what cannot be fixed without surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk