blksheep

GSSF Match CJRPC 6-17 & 6-18

Friday was nice.  About 15 people helped setup, then another 15 showed up to shoot that were ROing.  Not a big deal but slowed down my anticipated departure time.  Shot 3 divisions.

Guardian-Felt solid.

Unlimited-Had a blast shooting the Roland....have ideas for a new gun

Sub-compact-Felt ok.  

Saturday started about 7:30 am and I tapped out around 12:30 helping RO.  Day was smooth and missed all the rain!  They said 336 showed up to shoot on Saturday.

Sunday the club was busy but it didnt seem that alot of GSSF shooters were there.  Didnt RO this time but kinda coached some new GSSF members through their first time.  Honestly had a blast.  In by 9am out by 1pm.  Weather was hot and muggy but nothing unbearable.  

Results are in and did ok.  Our new shooters had a blast and did well.  Next stop might be Fulton, and definitely Beckley, WV.

2 hours ago, blksheep said:

Results are in and did ok.  

So they are!   I'm happy with my Civilian finish, not so much subcompact and Master Stock.   Now begins the month-long wait to see what I won in the former, and may have lucked into via random assignment in the latter.

I was at the match Saturday--I thought it ran very smoothly.   Much less waiting time than last year, and the turnout was about as high.

If you have never shot anything other than standing in a port shooting at one target this match is ok.  Other than that I found it immensely boring.  Go out and try USPSA or IDPA or knockdown or static steel matches - much more fun!

Steel and IPSC are fun. This is just different. 

You cant win a gun at a local event. At the very least, this is a lottery for a gun and you get to throw rounds down range. 

It also gets people new to the sport involved in matches. 

27 minutes ago, Howard said:

If you have never shot anything other than standing in a port shooting at one target this match is ok.  Other than that I found it immensely boring.  Go out and try USPSA or IDPA or knockdown or static steel matches - much more fun!

In my limited shooting it is fun.  Also like Bry@n said getting a free Glock is nice.