Krdshrk

SCFGPA Membership is OPEN (requires sponsorship)

SCFGPA is now accepting applications for new prospective members. The plan is to accept approximately 150 new members, and membership should be open through most of the summer.  Below are the details of the membership process:

·  Membership will be open starting on June 7th, 2017
 ·  Prospective applicants MUST have a club sponsor 
 ·  Club members can sponsor a maximum of 2 applicants

·  Prospective applicants must meet the following criteria PRIOR to applying:
 o have a valid NJ FID
 o have proof of training (NRA training class with range time, active/retired police/military, TTC Handgun 101 class)
 o have a club sponsor that is a current member in good standing

If anyone is interested, please let me know.  We also have other members here who can potentially get you in as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

Humn, I may actually be game.... it is close enough to PA to make it worthwhile.

What are the annual fees? Cap cost?

$214 / year after tax.  Cuts down to $160.50 if you do a workday.  Don't remember the cap cost but it wasn't too bad (Not like CJ or OB)

15 minutes ago, Purple Patrick said:

I will find the closest damn class I can take to get in here

Well.... Hurry Up!

5 minutes ago, Maksim said:

What facilities are there?  Don't recall exactly.

25 yard Indoor Range - Pistol calibers only (No Magnums - but that may change depending on the renovations and backstop choice)

100 yard underground rifle tubes

40 yard Archery range (Crossbows allowed - Foam block for Broadhead practice)

There is a 25 yard indoor range, with a dozen or more firing points and key-card access for members.  Any non-magnum handgun, plus .22 rifles, are allowed.  There is a big club room and a kitchen.  The club has an amazingly successful junior rifle team; they've put a couple of kids on the national team.

The range has turning targets, but no target carriers; instead the benches can be slid forwards and backwards, allowing firing from 7 to 25 yards (but obviously everyone present needs to agree on on the distance at which the benches are set).

The high power rifle 'range' is the best solution they could come up with when the neighbors/town were going to disallow outdoor shooting.   There are two buried pipes, 100 yards long, with an underground blockhouse and two shooting ports (bench firing only) at one end, and an underground blockhouse where you hang the targets at the other end.   Yes, shooting a high power rifle in an underground concrete blockhouse into an underground concrete pipe is as loud as you'd think it would be.  Maybe louder.

There were trap fields there years ago, but the town forced them to shut down.   There is a very nice outdoor archery range that I keep meaning to take advantage of.

Edit: Krdsrk types faster than I do (or maybe I'm just verbose)

Just got an email saying Club Membership is still open to qualified, sponsored individuals.

·  Prospective applicants must meet the following criteria PRIOR to applying:
 o have a valid NJ FID
 o have proof of training (NRA training class with range time, active/retired police/military, TTC Handgun 101 class)

Hi Nick,

If I can get a sponsor I'd be interested. I took the NRA First Steps pistol a few years back when that was the level 1 NRA course. That cover the training requirement? I'm also have my level 2 USA Archery coach certs if that helps :)

Please let me know.

Thanks

-Jim

1 minute ago, JimB1 said:

Hi Nick,

If I can get a sponsor I'd be interested. I took the NRA First Steps pistol a few years back when that was the level 1 NRA course. That cover the training requirement? 

Please let me know.

Thanks

-Jim

Yes - that will suffice.  Do you still have the certificate from it?  It will be needed.

Maybe PM @checko - I already have like, 3 referrals currently in progress.

Just now, Krdshrk said:

Yes - that will suffice.  Do you still have the certificate from it?  It will be needed.

Maybe PM @checko - I already have like, 3 referrals currently in progress.

Yes, I have the certificate. I will drop him a PM 

Thanks

-Jim

I sent over a copy of my NRA training certificate last weekend. Online I signed on to check the status an no change yet and my profile doesn't reflect the training but checking the membership orientation calendar, it looks like the earliest one still open for registration is Dec 28 and apparently you need a registration number to register for it. I guess they have to give you that number... 

Sounds like I won't get to be a member until Jan at the earliest at this point :(

-Jim

54 minutes ago, checko said:

I wouldn't be In a hurry to get in this winter. The range gets rough in the cold weather lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, same at Lake Island... but they have stationary ports with walls so you can run space heaters in the shooter area. Unfortunately the vent system is so strong it sucks the heat out though to shooter ports. I guess it's good to know the vent system works LOL

-Jim

SCFGPA is now accepting prospective member applications. You MUST have a club sponsor in order to apply for membership. Please have your sponsor provide their name and member ID, as it will be required to submit your application.  Before submitting an application, you MUST meet the following criteria.  If you do not, your application will be rejected.

• Have a valid NJ FID (address matches drivers license)
  • Club sponsor that is a member in good standing
  • Proof of training (only accepted training includes Certified NRA Course with Range Time, TTC Handgun 101, Active Duty Police/Military, Retired Police/Military) - NO OTHER TRAINING IS ACCEPTED!
  • If you do not have training, SCFGPA is offering NRA training classes on a limited basis.  

After 10+ years, i just gave up my membership. I still shoot IDPA there, but I haven't been there for 2 years outside of IDPA as the facilities are frankly lacking at best. They have been saying they would update the facilities for years with no action. This, along with a sub-par air handling system, terrible heat and no AC finally made me quit. It's a shame because the club has great potential, and plenty of interest from local shooters. It's too bad it is stuck in the 1970's. If you are local (as I am) it is convenient, but I found myself not going because i really didn't enjoy shooting there any more. Also, if you check their calendar, there are leagues/clubs 3 nights a week which restrict open shoots to only 2 weeknights. I found myself wanting to go to the range on a Friday after work and not being able to go because of a league.

I joined RTSP, and although not perfect and farther from home, I don't freeze in the winter and like going there to shoot with no restrictions of when i can go and the ability to shoot magnums or even rifles if i choose.

Just food for thought if you are thinking of joining.