Krdshrk

SCFGPA Membership is OPEN (requires sponsorship)

1 hour ago, Greg said:

After 10+ years, i just gave up my membership. I still shoot IDPA there, but I haven't been there for 2 years outside of IDPA as the facilities are frankly lacking at best. They have been saying they would update the facilities for years with no action. This, along with a sub-par air handling system, terrible heat and no AC finally made me quit. It's a shame because the club has great potential, and plenty of interest from local shooters. It's too bad it is stuck in the 1970's. If you are local (as I am) it is convenient, but I found myself not going because i really didn't enjoy shooting there any more. Also, if you check their calendar, there are leagues/clubs 3 nights a week which restrict open shoots to only 2 weeknights. I found myself wanting to go to the range on a Friday after work and not being able to go because of a league.

I joined RTSP, and although not perfect and farther from home, I don't freeze in the winter and like going there to shoot with no restrictions of when i can go and the ability to shoot magnums or even rifles if i choose.

Just food for thought if you are thinking of joining.

Have you been to any of the meetings lately?  Construction is finally starting to move along again.  I believe later this summer will be the time when a lot of it will be done.  Former President Paul Mondok has taken over as construction head and things are now progressing again.  

I have not. I used to go 3-4 times a year, but nothing would change. I stopped going about 2 years ago when I joined RTSP. I went one winter night to shoot a new revolver, and after freezing through 2 cylinders (I could see my breath it was so cold), I left in disgust and joined RTSP the next day. I never felt the need to go back after that, but maintained my membership until this year hoping for a change.

I really hope they get the place fixed up. I like the people, made new friends and always had a soft spot for the place. It just was not worth keeping the membership if i was not going to use the facility.

4 minutes ago, Greg said:

I have not. I used to go 3-4 times a year, but nothing would change. I stopped going about 2 years ago when I joined RTSP. I went one winter night to shoot a new revolver, and after freezing through 2 cylinders (I could see my breath it was so cold), I left in disgust and joined RTSP the next day. I never felt the need to go back after that, but maintained my membership until this year hoping for a change.

I really hope they get the place fixed up. I like the people, made new friends and always had a soft spot for the place. It just was not worth keeping the membership if i was not going to use the facility.

Well, if you want to see what it's like after the upgrades, let me know!  

I find it amazing how there was a waiting list for quite some time and now since they let the place go to hell so to speak, they're lookin' for members......shot in that tube once many years back....and only once....if ya want to know what it's like to be a woodchuck....