SJG

Golden Retriever

I had to put my 12 year old Golden down recently due to cancer. If any of you have had a good or bad experience with any breeder, I would be interested in your comments, as I want to get another one.

We have a friend of a family who breeds Goldens but they live up in NY. We have had two. One we had to put down 3 years ago due to cancer. 3 months later we picked one from their new litter. Both dogs were fantastic. 

Id recommend them and can look up their name if your interested. Not sure you want that drive/cost. 

So sorry..... [emoji25]
Our pups are our family. I know I'd take a bullet for mine no matter the age. He is my son and he will be 16 this year and I dread the upcoming years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry for your loss. I've lost several dogs to cancer over the years. An old friend of mine has bought several from this breeder and if I were to ever get a golden puppy I'd buy from them. Please do consider a rescue dog though.

https://www.stoneycreekkennels.com/golden-retrievers

So sorry for your loss.  Our 6 year old Chessie has terminal cancer, we are enjoying every minute we can with her.

Don't know any Golden breeders but I would whole heartedly recommend Red Lion kennels in South Hampton NJ for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers!

Very sorry for your loss.  We had to put our Flat-coat down in April, it's never an easy thing to do. That said, I agree withat those who've mentioned rescues. Our newest addition is a sweetheart,  and while we are curious enough to have done the DNA test, she's a wonderful pup and that matters more to us than her geniology.

• Like 2

This is Gizmo. He's a European Cream Golden Retriever. In this picture he was about 10 weeks old, about 16 pounds here. He's now 13 weeks old and his last vet visit he was 27 pounds. Just a gorgeous Golden. This is my second Golden Retriever from Woodridgegoldens.com in New Egypt. This is a special litter of Creams, they have two female's that are from Europe. Actually Gizmo's mother is from Sweeden. They also breed standard US Golden Retriever's as well, my last one (Sammy) from them was a stunning dog, pictured below Gizmo's picture. I highly recommend these folks for quality Golden Retrievers. 

Gizmo.thumb.jpg.e1ad0e6d6e56e26d75958019a99b6548.jpg

Sammy.thumb.JPG.aebbd79c15819824bec85c498deadcc4.JPG

48 minutes ago, nuclearheli said:

This is Gizmo. He's a European Cream Golden Retriever. In this picture he was about 10 weeks old, about 16 pounds here. He's now 13 weeks old and his last vet visit he was 27 pounds. Just a gorgeous Golden. This is my second Golden Retriever from Woodridgegoldens.com in New Egypt. This is a special litter of Creams, they have two female's that are from Europe. Actually Gizmo's mother is from Sweeden. They also breed standard US Golden Retriever's as well, my last one (Sammy) from them was a stunning dog, pictured below Gizmo's picture. I highly recommend these folks for quality Golden Retrievers. 

Gizmo.thumb.jpg.e1ad0e6d6e56e26d75958019a99b6548.jpg

Sammy.thumb.JPG.aebbd79c15819824bec85c498deadcc4.JPG

Very good looking dogs!