Sign in to follow this  
Swizz70

Holosun HS503G Red Dot Sight - ACSS Reticle

I just took delivery of this sight and the reticle is completely fuzzy at all brightness levels.  The horseshoe looks like it has three lines and the chevron is not distinguishable at all...it looks like a blurry dot!  I'm thinking this has to be a completely defective sight!  I'll be contacting them to send back tomorrow. 

Anyone else have any experience with one of these?  I know it's not an Aimpoint or Eotech but after some research it looked like a decent optic for the price point~

Sure its not your eyes? Do you wear glasses? If not, you have a cheap pair of reading glasses or someone else's to experiment with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Not to defend holosun or accuse your eyesight but as others have hinted at, it could possibly be an issue with your eyes and from what I gather blurry red dot reticle has mostly to do with astigmatism in the eyes. I also find red dot reticles much fuzzier/mishapen to me when indoors as opposed to outdoors. Quick little test I learned from the interwebz, use a camera to take a picture of the reticle, view the photo and if its still deformed then i'd say you would need to rma your optic as it has issues.

4 hours ago, flank said:

Not to defend holosun or accuse your eyesight but as others have hinted at, it could possibly be an issue with your eyes and from what I gather blurry red dot reticle has mostly to do with astigmatism in the eyes. I also find red dot reticles much fuzzier/mishapen to me when indoors as opposed to outdoors. Quick little test I learned from the interwebz, use a camera to take a picture of the reticle, view the photo and if its still deformed then i'd say you would need to rma your optic as it has issues.

I don't wear glasses and have no astigmatism.  I'm pretty sure the optic has issues but I'll try the camera test just to see what happens.  Thanks Flank.

6 minutes ago, Swizz70 said:

I don't wear glasses and have no astigmatism.  I'm pretty sure the optic has issues but I'll try the camera test just to see what happens.  Thanks Flank.

FWIW

I had a $700 Aimpoint that looked like a burning red comet.. switched to Eotech.. no problems.. it was my eyes..