Sign in to follow this  
NJGF

Opinion: Less ‘Friendly Fire,’ More Common Cause

25 minutes ago, NJGF said:

A good opinion piece on the NRA Blog. 

Opinion: Less ‘Friendly Fire,’ More Common Cause
https://www.nrablog.com/articles/2017/6/opinion-less-friendly-fire-more-common-cause/

How about we all try to show a little more respect for our fellow gun owners.

Thanks for posting that. A good read and worth consideration.

But I'm still going to continue my role as a Tier 1 Tactical Operator Delta Force Super Soldier.:ninja:

I have found the overwhelming majority of gun owners - both here and through shooting activities - to be very gracious, eager to share their knowledge and not judgmental at all. And at least on this forum, when people do get a little bombastic with someone new, I often see other people stepping in to temper the conversation a bit. This site seems pretty good at self-moderating.

And I would hope that most (if not all) of us can agree that with the rising tide of anti-gun fervor and well-funded misinformation campaigns, making the shooting sports as welcoming as possible is not just about politeness, it's a 2A survival strategy.

• Like 4

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, as long as it is exactly the same as mine.  If you don't like what I like, well then something something Russia, because 'Merica!. 

I feel like the biggest problem we face are the gun owners who seem not to identify as gun people.  I don't care what you own (OK, maybe I do, but probably because of jealousy).  I don't feel the need to try to limit what you have because all I have or need is ____.  But there are a lot of people out there who certainly feel like because all they have or want or need is a shotgun or bolt gun, that should be all anyone should have.  No one is forcing these people to get a gun they don't want - but they seem to want to restrict my choices to conform to their version of the world.  I love my bolt guns.  I love my pump shotguns.  I love my lever action.  But, I also love my AR, my AK, and my pistols.  They will vote against their - and MY - interests because it won't affect them... (Yet.)  So, to me, someone online saying a baby blue Taurus is ugly and no one should buy one hardly matters when you compare that to the millions of gun owners out there who would gladly give up our rights - like the ability to own ANY pistols, be it baby blue, pink, or black - so long as their shotgun or bolt rifle or lever gun is exempted.

10 minutes ago, Malice4you said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, as long as it is exactly the same as mine.  If you don't like what I like, well then something something Russia, because 'Merica!. 

I feel like the biggest problem we face are the gun owners who seem not to identify as gun people.  I don't care what you own (OK, maybe I do, but probably because of jealousy).  I don't feel the need to try to limit what you have because all I have or need is ____.  But there are a lot of people out there who certainly feel like because all they have or want or need is a shotgun or bolt gun, that should be all anyone should have.  No one is forcing these people to get a gun they don't want - but they seem to want to restrict my choices to conform to their version of the world.  I love my bolt guns.  I love my pump shotguns.  I love my lever action.  But, I also love my AR, my AK, and my pistols.  They will vote against their - and MY - interests because it won't affect them... (Yet.)  So, to me, someone online saying a baby blue Taurus is ugly and no one should buy one hardly matters when you compare that to the millions of gun owners out there who would gladly give up our rights - like the ability to own ANY pistols, be it baby blue, pink, or black - so long as their shotgun or bolt rifle or lever gun is exempted.

divide and conquer. Seperate and it's makes it easier to take rights away in smaller groups. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bklynracer said:

divide and conquer. Seperate and it's makes it easier to take rights away in smaller groups. 

Jeeps/vs quads/ vs enduro/ vs mountain bikers/ vs horse riders.

da ppa ( pine lands preservation assxxxx's)

very spot on