Ray Ray

RIP Frank Caso

Frank Caso, the owner of Caso's Gun-O-Rama in Jersey City passed away over the weekend.  Caso's has been around for a very long time.  Him and daughters have supported the 2A in this state since before most of us where born. To anyone that didn't know him, he was a great man.  I'm glad I could call him a friend.  The 2A community lost one of our biggest members.  If you can, please stop by the shop when you can and pay your respects. 

Rest in peace sir.

Very sad. He was a great guy and did a lot for the 2A community and Law Enforcement. He will be missed. Bought my first off duty they and it was my start into this hobby. RIP Frank.

As far as the store Lisa has been running it for the past few years anyway. Unless she no longer has an interest then I would assume it stays open

I'm assuming his heart gave out.  We will miss him.

My daughter, a paramedic. Was on a call a few years ago when he had a problem.

She felt he was like famous, and he was.

I used to deliver consignments of firearms to him in the late 70's and he was a gentleman.

God's speed Frank Caso!

I'm saddened to hear of the news. I bought two guns from Frank and his daughters and they were both my first guns of each type. First .22 and first shotgun. I sold the .22 a few years later but the shotgun I still have and it has a ton of mileage on it. That whole family was very welcoming and patient with new shooters (me back then). That's the big reason I drove across NJ to buy from them. They had a shop that when you'd walk in, you didn't get that cold "gunship vibe". They were always willing to help and educate and I wish more shops were like that. Nowadays there are only a handful around that still display that positive attitude.

I think I will be writing an email to them and thank the family for helping me get into the hobby, by now lifestyle if anything. Hell, maybe I'll go buy another gun from them.