blksheep

Great 80s movies no one ever heard of...

3 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Don't forget....

In Highlander, the Kurgan grabs an old lady and drives across the Manhattan Bridge, the song that's playing is Queen singing New York New York. It's a version you can't find anywhere. 

• Like 1

There are some interesting and obscure movies in this thread (and yes, i have seen many of them).  However, some that are being listed weren't exactly "80's movies that no one has heard of"..    Some Kind of Wonderful, Less Than Zero, Real Genius, Weird Science, Short Circuit, etc were hardly unknown movies. 

That said...   one of the best soundtracked movies listed here is................ Streets of Fire.  Absolutely crazy ridiculous movie (i mean, Michael Pare, 'nuff said), but man some of the music was great in that.  and if we're going down Michael Pare lane, lets not forget Eddie & the Cruisers

oh, and special mention to Strange Brew..   if you are a fan of bob & doug mackenzie, this movie was fantastic

1 hour ago, DSD1026 said:

There are some interesting and obscure movies in this thread (and yes, i have seen many of them).  However, some that are being listed weren't exactly "80's movies that no one has heard of"..    Some Kind of Wonderful, Less Than Zero, Real Genius, Weird Science, Short Circuit, etc were hardly unknown movies. 

That said...   one of the best soundtracked movies listed here is................ Streets of Fire.  Absolutely crazy ridiculous movie (i mean, Michael Pare, 'nuff said), but man some of the music was great in that.  and if we're going down Michael Pare lane, lets not forget Eddie & the Cruisers

oh, and special mention to Strange Brew..   if you are a fan of bob & doug mackenzie, this movie was fantastic

Yea, but they're unknown to millennials. They never get references we adults use.  Shit most haven't seen Animal House. 

How about:

Eraserhead

Stranger than Paradise (Screaming Jay Hawkings, he's the man)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, High Exposure said:

The Wraith - Charlie Sheen. The real star was that Dodge M4S though

Taps - Tom Cruise "Its Beautifal Man!", George C Scott and Sean Penn Loved it

TPiM - Tommy Lee Jones, meh...

Don't know Nasty Boys....

Here are a few I remember:

Yellowbeard

Jabberwocky 

Heavy Metal

The Night of the Comet  Was very good

Dragonslayer

Streets of Fire

Dreamscape Was very good

Final Countdown Loved it

...... Man, once I started thinking one just leads to the next!!

9 hours ago, TokenEntry said:

Don't forget the Chuck Norris movies . . .

- The Octagon

- Missing In Action Was very good

- Invasion USA Was very good

- Delta Force Was very good

<I'm sure there are many more titles I've not mentioned>

8 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Manhunter

Big Trouble in Little China

To Live and Die in L.A.

Escape from New York Was very good

3 hours ago, blksheep said:

Wildcats

Uncommon Valor

Flight of the Intruder Was very good

Firebirds Was very good

Just one of the Guys

40 minutes ago, Lostboy said:

Dune
Batteries not included Was very good
(A little more mainstream but still great movies.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Walt of Destiny said:

Vision Quest

All the others were good but as some who wrestled from  a young age through college it was the most important movie ever made.

Madonna as a lounge signer performing Crazy for You and Get into the Groove before she was mega famous.

The campy hotel room speech about Pele.  I could go on-and-on. 

Spoiler: they scored the final match incorrectly as well as other gaffes in that scene.  However, who didn't jump off their couch when he pinned Shute?  I still stand and watch that match 30 years later.  My wife laughs at me watching as if he may lose one time.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

All the others were good but as some who wrestled from  a young age through college it was the most important movie ever made.

Madonna as a lounge signer performing Crazy for You and Get into the Groove before she was mega famous.

Spoiler: they scored the final match incorrectly as well as other gaffes in that scene.  However, who didn't jump off their couch when he pinned Shute?  I still stand and watch that match 30 years later.  My wife laughs at me watching as if he may lose one time.  

I wrestled at the time as well, but I recall the most memorable scenes involving Linda Fiorentino...

58 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

not to mention...   Lunatic Fringe..  the best thing to come from Vision Quest..  lol