Zeke

Today's Weather

Hottest day of my life was probably 25 years ago.  100°, no shade, 100% humidity, I was working on a roof top AC unit.  The black roof deck was 160°.  I tore up a towel in my truck to wear it as a head band just to keep the sweat out of my eyes because I couldn't see. The salt from the sweat was stinging my eyes.   I really felt like I was working under a broiler.  The sun was relentless.  I was having a hard time figuring out the problem because it was just too hot to think clearly.

I get the AC fixed and head downstairs to tell the secretary that it's working.  Her office was part of the building I was working on so her office had gotten up to about 80°.  They had the lights off, pulled the shades down and were all sitting very still at their desks.

She says "thank G-d, it's unbearable in here."

• Like 2

Hottest day of my life was probably 25 years ago.  100°, no shade, 100% humidity, I was working on a roof top AC unit.  The black roof deck was 160°.  I tore up a towel in my truck to wear it as a head band just to keep the sweat out of my eyes because I couldn't see. The salt from the sweat was stinging my eyes.   I really felt like I was working under a broiler.  The sun was relentless.  I was having a hard time figuring out the problem because it was just too hot to think clearly.
I get the AC fixed and head downstairs to tell the secretary that it's working.  Her office was part of the building I was working on so her office had gotten up to about 80°.  They had the lights off, pulled the shades down and were all sitting very still at their desks.
She says "thank G-d, it's unbearable in here."

Sounds all too familure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go down this road every year working on boats.. getting worse as i get older.

have tan on my upper back sun going through my shirt.. i wear 70 spf all day apply several times and that stuff burns in your eyes when you sweat.. the spray ones are better on those hot muugy days they do not run as much.

today was actually pleasant. mon and tuesday were brutal.

10 hours ago, Zeke said:

It actually is though, lol, the cooling effect of perspiration is not very effective sublimating in saturated air.

jus sayen

Perspiration's cooling effect is due to evaporation. Sublimation is when you go from a solid to a gas.

E7C8F58D-C26C-4762-A2CA-9A9FACD288D3_zps

Edited by High Exposure
Spelling

I'm not sure why but I had the bright idea of taking my step kids to the Bronx zoo on Tuesday. Surprisingly we all managed the heat very well and they didn't really complain about it. It was like being in a convection oven all day.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Boy it's hot.

This is hot.

It never got this hot in Brooklyn.

It's like Africa hot.

Tarzan couldn't take this kind of hot.

There's a haiku in there. Almost got the phrasing. 

Oh Boy is it hot

Never been this hot before

Tarzan needs a break

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

3-5-3

ˈhīˌko͞o/
noun
  1. a Japanese poem of seventeen syllables, in three lines of five, seven, and five, traditionally evoking images of the natural world.

Not to be a douche. 
    It needs to be corrected
    but do as you wish
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Zeke said:

10x will agree with me

Sorry, HE has it right.  Evaporation is liquid to gas, sublimation is solid to gas.  Like when dry ice disappears without first melting into a liquid. 

• Like 1