High Exposure

Rep. Steve Scalise shot in Virginia

2 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

And... Gov. McCauliffe just brought up "Gun Control!"    :rolleyes:

That said, I think he was baited  by the MSM on the scene. <_< 

Was just going to report that.  He said there are too many guns, and that we need universal background checks.

Wow, they don't waste a moment to have that response!

He claimed 93 million people a day are injured a day from gun violence.  He repeated it a couple of times, before correcting himself and saying it's 93 people a day.  

http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/14/congress-baseball-shooter-trump-hater/

The man suspected of opening fire at a congressional baseball practice has reportedly been identified as 66-year-old James T. Hodgkinson ... and judging by his social media, he REALLY hates Donald Trump

Hodgkinson's Facebook page is loaded with anti-Trump posts. He's also a staunch Bernie Sanders supporter.

Also notable, Hodgkinson is also anti-Hillary Clinton.

Among the posts on his page, there's one that stands out from March which says, "Trump is Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It's Time to Destroy Trump & Co."

20 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

Was just going to report that.  He said there are too many guns, and that we need universal background checks.

Wow, they don't waste a moment to have that response!

He claimed 93 million people a day are injured a day from gun violence.  He repeated it a couple of times, before correcting himself and saying it's 93 people a day.  

I love how a lot of the people (and reps in Congress, MSM, etc.) are commenting on it being a "good thing" that there were some Capitol Police there to respond "so quickly... Otherwise, i/we aren't so sure what might have happened."  :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, I know what might have happened if we were allowed to carry in public!!!!   But that probably won't be mentioned, today... :facepalm:

One would think, in an alternate reality where common sense and reason ruled, that we as a society would investigate the actor, the animate human and not the inanimate tool? That maybe the permissive attitude of the media with regard to scandalous reporting of anti-DJT protestors and agotprop disguised as "works of art" or "comedy" could "radicalize" a disaffected person on the knife edge of sanity? 

I see no difference between Dabiq and Mother Jones, or Kathy Griffith. 

We need to call a spade a spade and realize that the media is now taken the role of agitators and radicalizers. 

We need to enforce federal laws on threatening the office of the president and congress. 

Being DJT's birthday today, the symbolism maybe be a dangerous escalation of the left's acting out  

Imagine if the assassin was right wing? 

Also, the theory that the left isn't armed for bear may just be a little premature. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

What he ment to say " If dem's stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, remixer said:

Are you listening to the bullshit coming out of Pelosi's mouth

Yeah, not to be mean... but she has really declined in the last year or two. Truly, not trying to be mean! But being familiar with dementia, sometimes I listen to these older politicians and I think: this person needs some neurological testing, stat!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Yeah, not to be mean... but she has really declined in the last year or two. Truly, not trying to be mean! But being familiar with dementia, sometimes I listen to these older politicians and I think: this person needs some neurological testing, stat!

There are more then a few that i think have passed there congressional expiration date.

• Like 1

This may be naïve, but is it too much to hope this awful event wakes people up a bit? The hostile rhetoric, the "assassination art"...this country needs to calm the hell down!

I think that kind of constant buzz of ugliness and hostility just feeds and stirs up the nutsy fringe on both sides of the spectrum. Hell, people don't even behave civilly anymore. It's just horrible.

Just the opposite.  Look for more Democratic "flaming" to justify their agenda.  LA  Times already out with editorial hoping this event will instill a change in Congress on gun control.  They have no shame using events/people to harass.  Going to be a long hot summer the likes  not seen since the '68 riots I suspect.  BTY, Flag Day and DJT's birthday as well.  Something in the air?

7 minutes ago, T Bill said:

Just the opposite.  Look for more Democratic "flaming" to justify their agenda.  LA  Times already out with editorial hoping this event will instill a change in Congress on gun control.  They have no shame using events/people to harass.  Going to be a long hot summer the likes  not seen since the '68 riots I suspect.  BTY, Flag Day and DJT's birthday as well.  Something in the air?

I fear you're probably right. It does feel as though we're in a tinder box right now.

I'd be interested, in particular, for some of the current/retired LEOs or other security professionals to weigh in on this... those more "in the know" (than ME, LOL)....

It's reported that because Scalise is in line to the presidency, his high rank is what triggered the Capitol Police officers being onsite for protection, and that if he hadn't been there, there would have been NO security detail assigned.

This surprises me. I realize there's many members of Congress and it's probably logistically impossible (or at least financially prohibitive) to have security assigned to each one individually. But, it seems logical to me that any regularly scheduled gathering of multiple members of Congress would automatically trigger a security detail. In a post-9/11 world, those events would make a logical target even for a group like ISIS, wouldn't they?

I'm trying to imagine this: several members of Israel's Knesset gathered informally for a sports activity in a public park... with NO security detail. I just don't think that would happen! I believe the Israelis are simply more "tuned in" to risk than we are. 

I feel the same way about this event as I do about all the breaches of White House property in recent years... I just feel like we're too damn lax. So, do you think was this a foreseeable event and evidence of lax security planning? Or am I just being a typical Monday Morning Quarterback?

14 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I'd be interested, in particular, for some of the current/retired LEOs or other security professionals to weigh in on this... those more "in the know" (than ME, LOL)....

It's reported that because Scalise is in line to the presidency, his high rank is what triggered the Capitol Police officers being onsite for protection, and that if he hadn't been there, there would have been NO security detail assigned.

This surprises me. I realize there's many members of Congress and it's probably logistically impossible (or at least financially prohibitive) to have security assigned to each one individually. But, it seems logical to me that any regularly scheduled gathering of multiple members of Congress would automatically trigger a security detail. In a post-9/11 world, those events would make a logical target even for a group like ISIS, wouldn't they?

I'm trying to imagine this: several members of Israel's Knesset gathered informally for a sports activity in a public park... with NO security detail. I just don't think that would happen! I believe the Israelis are simply more "tuned in" to risk than we are. 

I feel the same way about this event as I do about all the breaches of White House property in recent years... I just feel like we're too damn lax. So, do you think was this a foreseeable event and evidence of lax security planning? Or am I just being a typical Monday Morning Quarterback?

Although my first reaction is to agree with you, ours is a free country and the ability for our public servants to move about among us is part of that freedom. After all, we don't have security around us. Maybe their vulnerability will prompt an honest discussion about our right to self defense. 

But I agree that any planned gathering should have security in the normal course.