High Exposure

Rep. Steve Scalise shot in Virginia

Well, seems like this psycho had some purpose to his actions. One strange man. They should ban laptops. 

http://nypost.com/2017/06/14/gunman-spent-weeks-scoping-out-field-before-shooting/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=message_app

• Like 1

Weeellll... so much for my hope this might prompt cooler heads. Already dashed. That didn't take long...

It's being reported on CNN that a GOP congresswoman from NY just got an email threat titled, "1 down, 216 to go". How very sad. Ugly times indeed.

8 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Weeellll... so much for my hope this might prompt cooler heads. Already dashed. That didn't take long...

It's being reported on CNN that a GOP congresswoman from NY just got an email threat titled, "1 down, 216 to go". How very sad. Ugly times indeed.

I've been saying this for some time, Yes, they really do want to kill you or wish you to be dead. Been obvious to me  The Left and the Democrat politicians really do HATE YOU PERSONALLY

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, matty said:

I've been saying this for some time, Yes, they really do want to kill you or wish you to be dead. Been obvious to me  The Left and the Democrat politicians really do HATE YOU PERSONALLY

They do seem to harbor personal animosity towards anyone that doesn't share their newspeak. As much as they accuse the "right wing" of being supremacists, noninclusive, biased and selfish, their actions speak volumes. They are the bigots. 

This is doubleplus ungood

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I feel the same way about this event as I do about all the breaches of White House property in recent years... I just feel like we're too damn lax. So, do you think was this a foreseeable event and evidence of lax security planning? Or am I just being a typical Monday Morning Quarterback?

I think what you're referring to is a question we as Americans will be wrestling with for some time. The balance between "Freedom/Liberty"  (which this country was founded upon and which we cherish)  and "safety" from the evils which threaten our existence.  Very many people believe that incidents like this are the "price we pay" for living in such a free society. And it's a price many are still willing to pay.  The old Benjamin Franklin quote:

Those who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

It's a personal choice for everyone. As for me, I'm down with Ben.  I consider it my responsibility to protect me and mine. And I'd much rather have the liberty I need to get that done.

1 hour ago, Walt of Destiny said:

Although my first reaction is to agree with you, ours is a free country and the ability for our public servants to move about among us is part of that freedom. After all, we don't have security around us. Maybe their vulnerability will prompt an honest discussion about our right to self defense. 

But I agree that any planned gathering should have security in the normal course. 

I'm actually hearing that there's talk of allowing our congress critters to carry, when they don't have Capitol Police protection.

Hmmmm..... "Guns for me, but not for thee....????"   I don't thank so... Homey don't play dat!"    If congress critters can carry when not under police protection, then so can the rest of us.... for the very same reason!!!

3 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

It's a personal choice for everyone. As for me, I'm down with Ben.  I consider it my responsibility to protect me and mine. And I'd much rather have the liberty I need to get that done. Though I agree fully with the intent and spirit of that quote, the pragmatist in me says that 20+ members of Congress all gathered in one public place with no security would certainly make for a mighty nice "target"  for a deranged individual or group. Perhaps security planning should acknowledge and address that reality? How are we going to attract good people to represent us... if they feel like they have targets on their backs? And how destabilizing would it be to the nation to have a "group assassination" on Congress? These are not unreasonable questions... you're right, people will have to wrestle with them.

I'm actually hearing that there's talk of allowing our congress critters to carry, when they don't have Capitol Police protection.

Hmmmm..... "Guns for me, but not for thee....????"   I don't thank so... Homey don't play dat!"    If congress critters can carry when not under police protection, then so can the rest of us.... for the very same reason!!!  Oh, FULLY AGREE. 100%. We have no royalty here, after all! For good reasons.

There have been multiple attempts on our public servants. There was a bomb that would have taken out a third of congress awhile back. Luckily the plotters didnt assemble the bomb correctly. 

Remember, in some countries judges and reformer politicians wear masks for fear of reprisal. 

But again, I agree that this was a lapse in judgement by the secret service. Whenever there is a scheduled event with several members of congress, there should be a security plan. 

Doucheblasio goes nowhere without his detail. One would think that a member of congress should be afforded some level of security. 

11 minutes ago, Walt of Destiny said:

There have been multiple attempts on our public servants. There was a bomb that would have taken out a third of congress awhile back. Luckily the plotters didnt assemble the bomb correctly. 

Remember, in some countries judges and reformer politicians wear masks for fear of reprisal. 

But again, I agree that this was a lapse in judgement by the secret service. Whenever there is a scheduled event with several members of congress, there should be a security plan. 

Doucheblasio goes nowhere without his detail. One would think that a member of congress should be afforded some level of security. 

Yes, I think that at any event where more than a few Congress folks are gathered, there should be some US Capitol Police present (not Secret Service - they only protect POTUS, VPOTUS, First & Second families, past POUTSes, POTUS candidates and other heads of State).  They were lucky this time because the Majority Whip (the congressman who was shot) is part of the leadership team and, therefore, gets 24hr Capitol Police protection. Had he not been there, they might have had a huge problem. So yes, the leadership team should be protected, but there should also be some Capitol Police presence when there's an organized gathering of, say, more than 5 reps at such an event  off of Capitol Hill.

Question 28 also comes into mind,

(28) Are you presently, or have you ever been a member of any organization which advocates or approves the commission of acts of force and violence, either
to overthrow the Government of the United States or of this State, or which seeks to deny others their rights under the Constitution of either the United States or
the State of New Jersey? If yes, list name and address of organization(s).

well I interpret that as being a democrat as a disqualifier.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

There blood is non the redder than thou.

It is unfortunate that as a country we have abandoned mental health. Rational human beings do not act this way. It is unfortunate that the left is slowly " normalizeing" this behavior or a so called softer version of it.

Speedy recovery for the victims.

And yes, let's open a dialogue.

Yes, I think that at any event where more than a few Congress folks are gathered, there should be some US Capitol Police present

I can understand why you think that but it's a tough situation. The US doesn't (or shouldn't) have a protected class. I understand that their responsibilities mean they have to make unpopular decisions which could put them at risk and the nature of their role in government may dictate protection. At the same time "me but not thee" is a slippery slope. We already talk about "the elites" and I fear anything that further distances them from the people they represent, either in their minds, or ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I can understand why you think that but it's a tough situation. The US doesn't (or shouldn't) have a protected class. I understand that their responsibilities mean they have to make unpopular decisions which could put them at risk and the nature of their role in government may dictate protection. At the same time "me but not thee" is a slippery slope. We already talk about "the elites" and I fear anything that further distances them from the people they represent, either in their minds, or ours.

OK then, as I stated above, everyone, including congress critters should be allowed to carry.  There should be no "guns for me but not for thee."   I was only thinking of what might and could happen realistically, if not full carry for everyone.   Doesn't mean I like it or approve of it. I want to see all be able to carry.

From CNN http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/14/politics/alexandria-virginia-shooting/index.html

Steve Scalise is in critical condition after surgery..

They are saying shooter used an SKS.

"Traces are still being done on the two firearms recovered at the scene -- an SKS rifle 7.62 (which is a Chinese-made AK variant) and a 9 mm pistol, a law enforcement source tells CNN."

Meanwhile....

Chris Matthews on MSNBC is wall to wall DJT investigation. Been watching for awhile and nary a peep about their agent and his attempted murder spree. 

I am amazed at the bald faced hypocracy. 

Can't wait for Rachel Maddow. I'll bet he won't say a word. 

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

I new you was smert 

28 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

That's more complete than the video I had...

Unfortunately, I couldn't make heads or  tails out of anything from watching it.  I could see, though, that a lot of people were still milling about while shots were being fired.  Perhaps they should have "taken cover...." perhaps???  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

Unfortunately, I couldn't make heads or  tails out of anything from watching it.  I could see, though, that a lot of people were still milling about while shots were being fired.  Perhaps they should have "taken cover...." perhaps???  :rolleyes:

THANK YOU!! I am still barely a "gun rube", and yet I was practically yelling at the TV, "TAKE COVER, YOU FREAKIN' IDIOTS!!" My god, do people not realize how far a bullet can travel?? I couldn't believe it!

32 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

THANK YOU!! I am still barely a "gun rube", and yet I was practically yelling at the TV, "TAKE COVER, YOU FREAKIN' IDIOTS!!" My god, do people not realize how far a bullet can travel?? I couldn't believe it!

Or from where it's coming..... At least the one guy asked if anyone knew that...