gunnarsport

10 round magazine limit all but certain??

Hi,

Just interested in a fun little poll here and would like everyone's thoughts.............

Since, at this point at least, its all but certain that NJ WILL have a liberal democrat governor come Jan 2018, give me a percentage change that the magazine limit will immediately be reduced to 10 rounds.....

100%?

75%?

50%?

One of the reasons I ask this is I have a permit and wondering if its a waste of money to buy a 9mm with 15 round magazines. Wondering if I should just buy one with 10 rounds magazines and be done with it.

Thanks

I can't believe the number of people that are just ready to throw on the towel and not fight.

I'm not talking armed insurrection.  I'm not accepting Murphy is a shoe in.  You can vote for the Libertarian, independent, or Santa Claus. The only candidate who can beat Murphy is Guadagno.  Far from my perfect candidate but she's the only one who can beat him.  Politics isn't getting everything you want.

• Like 10

Gunnarsport, is mixing apples with oranges.!

Go use your permit , and if your asking wether it's a waste of money, Well it's your $.

I vote pro 2A , I also don't give into the idea that NJ is going to have a liberal governor.

Murphy can go fly a kite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murphy is another corslime. I think once the commercials start the Rs will dwell on that point! murslime can say what he wants, just another wall street liar.

1 hour ago, GRIZ said:

I can't believe the number of people that are just ready to throw on the towel and not fight.

I'm not talking armed insurrection.  I'm not accepting Murphy is a shoe in.  You can vote for the Libertarian, independent, or Santa Claus. The only candidate who can beat Murphy is Guadagno.  Far from my perfect candidate but she's the only one who can beat him.  Politics isn't getting everything you want.

Lot can happen in a little time.

im jus shaking my head at the broken and downtrodden.

Grow some spine ffs!

• Like 2

almost every rifle and pistol I own has over 10 round capacity. I have at least 5 mags per pistol and countless mags for the AR platform.  Who is going to pay me for all those magazines?

I already went from 30 to 15.....I'm not going to put up with this shit anymore!

They want my mags.........

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

• Like 5

Guadagno is democrat light - conservatives won't want to vote for her.  Democrats have Murphy so they won't vote for her.  She's not charismatic.  She hasn't taken a real stand on anything.  I don't see how she's electable.  And Murphy has right on his website that he will sign all of the Sweeney gun control bills that Christie vetoed.

I think we'll be lucky if it's 10 round limits since there was a lot of discussion about 7 round limits from the assembly public safety committee 3 years ago.

80% chance of Murphy winning.  90% chance of Sweeney bringing the anti-gun bills back.  100% chance of Murphy signing them.  .80 x .90 x 1.00 = 72% chance of us losing the right to own 50% of the guns in NJ.

• Like 3

Even if NJ ends up going to 10 or lower, there is always the possibility that existing mags over the limit they set might be grandfathered in and even if not I doubt you are going to find privately owned ranges acting as an arm of the state and enforcing the limit. i have never been to a range in NJ where the range checked mags for limits. However, in N.J. I do respect the limit. Also, any mag limit is not going to be enforceable in your own home for obvious reasons. The greatest vulnerability, Fourth Amendment issues, aside, assuming you do not use the firearm to commit a separate crime,  will be during transport to and from, the place you are shooting at. I am not advocating disregarding whatever limit under 15 may or may not become the law in N.J. Under no circumstances should anyone "roll over" and permit this to become law without a fight. Also, the Supremes have never directly ruled on a mag limit law, although the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals decision upholding a mag limit in Md is pending certification in the Supreme Court. 

5 hours ago, gunnarsport said:

Well just wondering. I mean its not the end of the world if it happens. Lets be honest, there are more important things in our lives than the number of rounds in a magazine! Like I said, just a fun poll and thoughts.

Actually, from a 2A perspective it is very serious. Because it's not just about mag limits but a whole plethora of new and onerous gun control laws. So we as a NJ 2A community all need to mobilze and defeat Murphy. Recommend you listen today's Gun4Hire podcast. Dan Schmutter and Scott Bach are the guests. Very informative including discussion of the ramifications of Murphy becoming governer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Did the round limit aspect of the SAFE act get ruled unconstitutional because it was arbitrary and didn't show a safety benefit?  

Why wouldn't NJ lowering the limit from 15 to 19 (or 7) be found the same?

They pulled waiting for election and new justice.

jus sayen 

time will have to tell on that

4 minutes ago, Nickjc said:

....aaaaaand this folks is the problem....right here typed on the forum. ....  why I need to leave this state and why we r losing

Stay, and help me smack them silly?

It could be fun....

Jus sayen, it could be

• Like 2

Does anyone else think this discussion is a case study in dysfunction? 

Jeezus, live life. Hand wringing doesn't solve a thing. 

Who gives a shit? Let's say you buy a pistol with a 15 round mag. How many 15 round mags do all we have? 100's of thousands? Let's say they pass a ten round limit? So what? 

Doesn't the safe act say that you can have 15 round mags but you just can't load more than ten? Or am I mistaken? 

We NJ gun owners are the silliest bunch pretty much ever. You have a permit, use it. Not exercising your 2nd amendment rights, the the extent they exist in this god forsaken state, is a travesty. 

Once again I am amazed at some of these questions. And you make fun of haikus? Really? Make fun of this thread. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Walt of Destiny said:

And you make fun of haikus? Really? Make fun of this thread. 

We did! 

In the Haiku thread:

https://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/86952-the-official-njgf-haiku-thread/&do=findComment&comment=1118837

Election concerns.

Will my mags be limited?

The sky is falling.

• Like 3

I was here for the last ban. NJ DOES NOT GRANDFATHER ANYTHING. LEGAL TODAY, FELON TOMORROW!  I believe we will be fighting to keep any semi autos.  Somehow the "semi" will disappear and anything not legal for hunting will be on the chopping block.  Kiss your bear hunt go bye, until someone's child get mauled at the school bus stop and then we still will not be getting hunting bears back,  Stand now or forever hold your peace, or move.  Murphy has to go and the first way to convince the voter is that the proposed state bank he wants is a no go.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Did the round limit aspect of the SAFE act get ruled unconstitutional because it was arbitrary and didn't show a safety benefit?  

Why wouldn't NJ lowering the limit from 15 to 19 (or 7) be found the same?

Yes 7 rounds was ruled capricious and arbitrary by the district in North Western NY and overturned. I'm not sure of the  district number. You can have 10 rounds in NY which somehow the same court did not find capricious and arbitrary.