gunnarsport

10 round magazine limit all but certain??

..idiot..

Sell all ur items now..... please .....

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Nick I believe he was being sarcastic.

However I agree with the quote. If everyone man's up their Unconstitutional Laws will be meaningless. That includes LEOS who are sworn to uphold the Constitution. They can't throw us all in prison. There would be no one to pay for their constituents welfare. It's how Colorado handled things. No pays any attention to the magazine limits.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

@nickjc I can't say I recall his other posts but if it wasn't sarcasm that right there is the problem. Too many willing to have their God Given Rights infringed upon.

No arms that can be beared should be banned or restricted for law abiding citizens. NFA, GCA, Hughes Amendment, NJ Assault Weapon Ban, NY SAFE Act are all Unconstitutional and need to be eliminated. I can't stand the hunters and sport shooters who sit back and say who cares, who needs more than 5 rounds. If the government has it, the people need it. The Second Amendment was the fail safe for when all other checks and balances failed.

These next few years are our best opportunity to reverse the tyranny. We can not sit back and allow a Wall Street Liberal to further infringe on our rights. The line needs to be drawn in the sand. Option 1 is defeat him at the ballot box. Option 2 is refuse to comply.

• Like 3

look at it this way..if 15rd mags are banned and there's no grandfathering, the upshot is that we can dig up and dust off all of our hidden 30rd pmags. what the hell difference would it make at that point?

Good point. Not that I ever owned any 30 rounders not blocked, but I certainly won't block any Argentine FN-49 Mags if I happen to get more.

The way I see it is I paid extra for 15 round mags. I accepted it because I never knew anything else. I'll be damned if I'm going to spend more money to make them 10 rounds.

• Like 2

On June 24, 2017 at 9:47 PM, Indianajonze said:

look at it this way..if 15rd mags are banned and there's no grandfathering, the upshot is that we can dig up and dust off all of our hidden 30rd pmags. what the hell difference would it make at that point?

That's exactly what I said a few pages ago. 

I'm still trying to understand how reallocating your already overly high taxes is considered making it more affordable to live in this state.

If I have two dollars and the government takes 1 dollar it doesn't matter what they do with it, I still only have 1 dollar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/29/judge-blocks-californias-high-capacity-magazine-ban.html

A Federal judge in San Diego ruled 10 rd magazine law in California that was supposed to go into effect tomorrow just turned gun owners into criminals and violated the 2A.  The judge went on to say the law required gun owners to dispose of property (magazines) they legally acquired.

California will no doubt appeal this.

No effect on NJ yet but this gets the ball rolling on this issue in Federal courts.

Like Yogi said,  "It ain't over til it's over".

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/29/judge-blocks-californias-high-capacity-magazine-ban.html

A Federal judge in San Diego ruled 10 rd magazine law in California that was supposed to go into effect tomorrow just turned gun owners into criminals and violated the 2A.  The judge went on to say the law required gun owners to dispose of property (magazines) they legally acquired.

No effect on NJ yet but this gets the ball rolling on this issue in Federal courts.

I'll feel much better if/when this survives the 9th circuit.

I sure hope our trade groups, perhaps some lawyers like Nappen and others, have a similar suit printed up and waiting for January of next year so it can be filed on the same date Trenton tries to screw us.  Simultaneously should be a class action against the state for an illegal taking requiring them to buy back all mags over 10 rounds at the greater of fair market value or what was paid for them.

28 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

I'll feel much better if/when this survives the 9th circuit.

It needed to start somewhere.  We'll see.

13 minutes ago, Howard said:

I sure hope our trade groups, perhaps some lawyers like Nappen and others, have a similar suit printed up and waiting for January of next year so it can be filed on the same date Trenton tries to screw us.  Simultaneously should be a class action against the state for an illegal taking requiring them to buy back all mags over 10 rounds at the greater of fair market value or what was paid for them.

I don't see Nappen doing anything unless someone is paying him.

Howard, keep in mind if the state is required to buy magazines over 10 rds, from where is that money coming?  That would mean raising taxes to pay for it.  After all the magazines are paid for do you think that tax raise will go away?  They will find something else to spend it on.

• Like 1

Too bad if it costs them money, what right do they have to "condemn" my property and not compensate me for it.  If they have to raise taxes on everyone to screw gun owners well so be it as well.  Why should we get screwed AND have our property taken.

If 15rd mags become illegal, screw the 30 rounders - 100 round drums!  same difference right?  mind as well go big.

In either case, who in LE will actually go around collecting illegal "high-cap" magazine?  No one will.  Standard capacity mags are everywhere in every state...  they got to be... 

2 hours ago, GRIZ said:

This Judge shows similar thinking to the Ohio Judge that called-out Ohio's then current law preventing CCW in the case of a pizza delivery guy.  One of our supporters wrote about it & linked to it from CNJFO's Facebook page just this morning.  Here's the link to our page: http://www.facebook.com/cnjfo

I doubt anyone is going to go looking for them, just like it is rare for anyone to go looking for you not carrying your driver's licence, insurance ID card or registration paper work.  BUT when you get stopped they check for all those thing.  So, if you get stopped for something else you might get checked for this.  But I digress.  We need to stop banning things, we all know how well that worked for Prohibition and the war on drugs.  Banning things only takes them away from people that will never do anything bad with them - our legislators seem to forget that the definition of a criminal is one that does not obey the law.

3 minutes ago, bootman said:

I'm not currently but when a local dealer says it's a "done deal" it is concerning that they are coming.

Perhaps a local dealer who has a vested interest in selling you all new mags is not a reliable source of information. 

• Like 3

Ok. We will revisit in six months and Illl hope to eat some crow when no 10 round limit is passed.
i vote either independent or republican but I'm also a realist.
no worries

Oh you may be right. Or wrong. To say it's a done deal is misinformation at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Luck favors the prepared.

..and no the dealer was NOT selling me 10R mags. In fact I bought a P229 Elite with three 15 round mags. ;)

I may look into getting one 10 mag for each of the hand guns I own just to be prepared.

When I run drills I only use ten rounds in each now anyway so for training it doesn't make a difference either way.

I can't carry in this state (but I can in 37 others) so it doesn't affect me there.

But IF this stupid law gets passed by our stupid legislators I don't want to be one that can't go to the range legally while there is a backlog of 10 rounds orders waiting to filled here in the PRNJ.

Is this paranoia or just being prepared?

You be the judge.

Being Prepared or Being a Slave to Your Master?

I'm sure the Liberals will pass a bunch of make them feel good Anti-2A legislation, and it will all be meaningless when an injunction is issued and it is struck down by the Courts.

Trump has 3 Vacancies to fill in NJ plus 2 Judicial Emergencies and a dozen Vacancies to fill in the 3rd Circuit as a Whole with one more coming. Most importantly Trump will get 3 nominations to the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, capt14k said:

and it will all be meaningless when an injunction is issued and it is struck down by the Courts. 

You aren't that familiar with the NJ court system, are you?

Nothing anti-2A has ever been struck down by NJ or the 3rd circuit courts. And good luck trying to get SCOTUS to hear it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, bootman said:

I'm not currently but when a local dealer says it's a "done deal" it is concerning that they are coming.

when the time comes I'm storing my mags in PA. 

Sounds to me like you're dealing with a FUDD for a dealer.  Suggest you spend your money elsewhere :) 

You aren't that familiar with the NJ court system, are you?

Nothing anti-2A has ever been struck down by NJ or the 3rd circuit courts. And good luck trying to get SCOTUS to hear it.

It is new era we are living in. This is the MAGA Era. Who thought they would strike down or issue injunctions to all the Anti 2A Laws in CA. The most Liberal Circuit in the country? Literally not a single law that was passed and signed last year has gone into effect in California.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, bootman said:

Luck favors the prepared.

..and no the dealer was NOT selling me 10R mags. In fact I bought a P229 Elite with three 15 round mags. ;)

I may look into getting one 10 mag for each of the hand guns I own just to be prepared.

When I run drills I only use ten rounds in each now anyway so for training it doesn't make a difference either way.

I can't carry in this state (but I can in 37 others) so it doesn't affect me there.

But IF this stupid law gets passed by our stupid legislators I don't want to be one that can't go to the range legally while there is a backlog of 10 rounds orders waiting to filled here in the PRNJ.

Is this paranoia or just being prepared?

You be the judge.

Paranoia!  It amazes me to watch NJ gun owners help tie the noose around their own necks.  Instead of fighting for your 2A rights by joining a 2A group in NJ, you'd rather spend money complying with a law that doesn't even EXIST!  A well-trained lemming couldn't do this any better.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, capt14k said:

It is new era we are living in. This is the MAGA Era. Who thought they would strike down or issue injunctions to all the Anti 2A Laws in CA. The most Liberal Circuit in the country? Literally not a single law that was passed and signed last year has gone into effect in California.

No other State in the country has the political control over its courts like NJ does. CA and NY are close, but have nowhere near the level of corruption that NJ has. I have been watching this for 23yrs, and I have yet to see a NJ court rule in favor of NJ gun owners, or have I seen any gun legislation repealed in NJ. Some people try to argue that Christie loosened gun regulations in NJ, but all he did was dress some windows for the national stage. It's a effing joke, period.

But, I do hope you are right, and I am wrong.

• Like 2