gunnarsport

10 round magazine limit all but certain??

No other State in the country has the political control over its courts like NJ does. CA and NY are close, but have nowhere near the level of corruption that NJ has. I have been watching this for 23yrs, and I have yet to see a NJ court rule in favor of NJ gun owners, or have I seen any gun legislation repealed in NJ. Some people try to argue that Christie loosened gun regulations in NJ, but all he did was dress some windows for the national stage. It's a effing joke, period.

But, I do hope you are right, and I am wrong.

Federal Courts are not controlled by NJ.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Federal Courts are not controlled by NJ.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You don't think so? Maybe, maybe not.

3rd circuit court of appeals locations:

Newark

Trenton

Camden

http://www.njd.uscourts.gov/directions

I can tell you this, any 2A case from NJ that ever made it to the 3rd circuit was ruled in favor of, wait for it, NJ!!

Scotus, no. But they have yet to grant cert to any 2A case coming out of NJ.

3 hours ago, diamondd817 said:

You don't think so? Maybe, maybe not.

3rd circuit court of appeals locations:

Newark

Trenton

Camden

http://www.njd.uscourts.gov/directions

I can tell you this, any 2A case from NJ that ever made it to the 3rd circuit was ruled in favor of, wait for it, NJ!!

Scotus, no. But they have yet to grant cert to any 2A case coming out of NJ.

Idk @diamondd817. Menendez kinda spotlights joisey better then MTV

I can tell you what's all but certain. I sent my builder in Florida a check last week to draw the plans for my house.  I hope to break ground by December.  I'm 53 and I don't have another 50 years left to wait for NJ to get sensible. I'm born and raised here and have seen more and more of my rights get taken away.  Its time for me to put a plan into action I know that will work. I'll still have to keep my house here for a few more years but I'm on my way. 

• Like 2

Do we have any lawyers in this group?  I have not slept at a Holiday Inn Express nor do I play a lawyer on TV, but it seems there is an easy answer here.  Some 2A friendly lawyer should have lots of us signed on to a class action suit ready to roll if this happens.  It seems a clear violation of our rights to make us surrender our property or force us to sell it out of state at fire sale prices.  When the Government wants to take something by Eminent Domain they have to pay fair compensation for this.  If we could force the state to do this for all magazine in the state the bill would likely be large enough that the public would be outraged at the state spending this money and force it to be killed.  Even if that were not the case, at least we would get fair compensation for being screwed over.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Howard said:

Do we have any lawyers in this group?  I have not slept at a Holiday Inn Express nor do I play a lawyer on TV, but it seems there is an easy answer here.  Some 2A friendly lawyer should have lots of us signed on to a class action suit ready to roll if this happens.  It seems a clear violation of our rights to make us surrender our property or force us to sell it out of state at fire sale prices.  When the Government wants to take something by Eminent Domain they have to pay fair compensation for this.  If we could force the state to do this for all magazine in the state the bill would likely be large enough that the public would be outraged at the state spending this money and force it to be killed.  Even if that were not the case, at least we would get fair compensation for being screwed over.

Howard this is an excellent point!  Anthony Colandro brought up this exact point when he testified at Charles "Big Booty" Mainor's Assembly Law & Public Safety Committee meeting the same day as 9 year old Shyanne Roberts.  He told them he has over 100 guns to rent.  They all take standard capacity mags.  "Who is going to reimburse me for money I spent for legal property in a valid & taxed business venture" (I'm paraphrasing here from YEARS ago)??

• Like 2

Howard this is an excellent point!  Anthony Colandro brought up this exact point when he testified at Charles "Big Booty" Mainor's Assembly Law & Public Safety Committee meeting the same day as 9 year old Shyanne Roberts.  He told them he has over 100 guns to rent.  They all take standard capacity mags.  "Who is going to reimburse me for money I spent for legal property in a valid & taxed business venture" (I'm paraphrasing here from YEARS ago)??

I was there that day, and also heard him state "I will not comply"

22 hours ago, Howard said:

That class action suit is ripe for the taking. All it takes is a statewide 2A group with the funds& assertive balls to put out a email blast. ANJRPC comes to mind, they have the statewide part but not sure about the other parts. And not that I endorse any compensation for confiscation but IF it came to that and the state had to come up with a plan you can be sure it will be extremely under-funded and under-estimated, in other words the numbers would need to be greatly minimized/doctored to pass any legislature then suddenly they run out of money....ooops. oh well. But that will never happen -NJ doesnt even  grandfather, why would they pay us for confiscation?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

as an ffl, wouldn't he be exempted? as long as they didn't leave that business?

There weren't any "carve-outs" or EXEMPTIONS in the bill that was proposed.  Can't apply Federal "common sense" to the over-reaching Klusterf**k that is NJ gun law.  If my machine guns (substitute whatever floats yer boat) that I don't have never leave my house are they still illegal in NJ or do I get a "carve-out"?  If the feds already ruled that your car trunk is an extension of yer house does that mean I can transport 30-rounders all day long thru NJ w/o any worries?  I would suggest that a "carve-out" would be, in effect, a discrimination suit waiting to happen!  What makes a FFL more worthy, eh?  In NJ a C&R FFL is almost toilet paper :) 

8 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

There weren't any "carve-outs" or EXEMPTIONS in the bill that was proposed.  Can't apply Federal "common sense" to the over-reaching Klusterf**k that is NJ gun law.  If my machine guns (substitute whatever floats yer boat) that I don't have never leave my house are they still illegal in NJ or do I get a "carve-out"?  If the feds already ruled that your car trunk is an extension of yer house does that mean I can transport 30-rounders all day long thru NJ w/o any worries?  I would suggest that a "carve-out" would be, in effect, a discrimination suit waiting to happen!  What makes a FFL more worthy, eh?  In NJ a C&R FFL is almost toilet paper :) 

what i meant, is that i thought that right now, ffl's were exempt from the 15 round limit, seeing as they're allowed to pin/limit them. i thought the same would apply.

Yesterday my mom was telling me that when they lived in freehold they (the government) would go door to door looking for unregistered dogs. If they do that, I'm sure they'll come knocking for your guns. Remember that every time someone tells you they won't come knocking.

Until that happens my 15rd mags that came with my guns will stay locked in my safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Lostboy said:

Yesterday my mom was telling me that when they lived in freehold they (the government) would go door to door looking for unregistered dogs. If they do that, I'm sure they'll come knocking for your guns. Remember that every time someone tells you they won't come knocking.

Until that happens my 15rd mags that came with my guns will stay locked in my safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The odds of that happening are about as high as them going door to door in the hood and searching each apartment for drugs and weapons - just as illegal.

5 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

what i meant, is that i thought that right now, ffl's were exempt from the 15 round limit, seeing as they're allowed to pin/limit them. i thought the same would apply.

I totally get where you're coming from.  A range that rents guns to the public is a different type of FFL.  I'm not sure exactly how many different types of FFL's there are, but I know that retail firearms sales, C&R, and a few others exist (including Class 3 for NFA weapons).  Perhaps a FFL will chime-in with the amount of FFL's there are and whom among the various types are allowed to alter guns.  I know that manufacturers have a special FFL that lets them make guns but they must be sold to FFL's with a retail license instead of being sold directly to end users.  Gunsmiths have a FFL that lets them work on guns.  Some retail locations have more than one type of FFL depending upon what services they offer... 

On 9/2/2017 at 4:05 PM, Smokin .50 said:

Paranoia!  It amazes me to watch NJ gun owners help tie the noose around their own necks.  Instead of fighting for your 2A rights by joining a 2A group in NJ, you'd rather spend money complying with a law that doesn't even EXIST!  A well-trained lemming couldn't do this any better.

I'm a lifetime NRA and a member of NJ2A but facts are facts.

(and what good they have done me but that is a topic for another thread)

In about nine weeks there will be a 10 round mag law in effect in NJ.

I still want to shoot legally in this state (law abiding citizen remember) so I'm prepared.

...are you?

• Like 1

I think you all should remember this. For your convenience, 2012-2013 Session Bill A3664:

"STATEMENT

This bill revises the definition of “large capacity ammunition magazine” to reduce the number of rounds of ammunition a legal magazine may hold in this State.

Under current law, it is unlawful to own or possess an ammunition magazine that is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition.

This bill would reduce the maximum capacity of a legal ammunition magazine in New Jersey to five rounds."

Emphasis mine. I will not be surprised if they put this forward again. Remember, with progressive Democratics it's always a game of besting their compatriot states. And reducing capacity to a non-existent product is a path to a great back-door ban.

• Like 1

NY tried that with 7 rounds. It was ruled unconstitutional since nobody makes a 7 round mag. I think they can own 10 rd and can't put in more than 7 or something ridiculous like that. I can't wait to move out of this cesspool. 

• Like 1