gunnarsport

10 round magazine limit all but certain??

Some things to consider before accepting our "fate"

- While I do think Murphy is likely to be our next governor, this is not a certainty. If some kind of bad news came out about him - like he was a kid toucher or something (he just looks creepy enough to me to be one) - he could lose.

- I can't imagine Sweeney is going to be Murphy's best buddy. North and south Jersey Democrats have never gotten along all that well and Murphy "stole" Sweeney's turn to run for governor. While I don't trust Sweeney, he might block any votes on these anti gun bills as he did right after Newtown. I'm convinced he betrayed us gun owners to lay the ground work for his now aborted run for governor this year. Sweeney might block votes on anti gun bills to limit Murphy's "success". Sweeney is currently blocking Lesniak's "Pedals law" anti bear hunt bill from getting a vote.

-Most importantly - Trump is filling a number of judicial vacancies in the federal 3rd circuit which is going to change the dynamic of the court from one that was liberal to one that is more evenly split and may eventually lean conservative when more judges go and are replaced by him. We may not even need the Supreme Court to hear a NJ case, the lower courts might rule for us - as happened in Illinois with their carry lawsuit.

• Like 4

ANY Democrat = 10 round limit. The malignant anal fissures control the Senate and Assembly and will likely continue to do so. When the governor is also a Dem, it will be a done deal.

The howling hounds from Hell like Weinberg will demand a 5 round limit but will likely not prevail at this time.

I've been fighting this battle since before the fetid stench Jimmy Florio and his butt boy Joey Mecca were on the scene and I'm more realistic about the situation than some of you newbies. This is Jersey and it is what it is.

10 hours ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

Some things to consider before accepting our "fate"

- While I do think Murphy is likely to be our next governor, this is not a certainty. If some kind of bad news came out about him - like he was a kid toucher or something (he just looks creepy enough to me to be one) - he could lose.

- I can't imagine Sweeney is going to be Murphy's best buddy. North and south Jersey Democrats have never gotten along all that well and Murphy "stole" Sweeney's turn to run for governor. While I don't trust Sweeney, he might block any votes on these anti gun bills as he did right after Newtown. I'm convinced he betrayed us gun owners to lay the ground work for his now aborted run for governor this year. Sweeney might block votes on anti gun bills to limit Murphy's "success". Sweeney is currently blocking Lesniak's "Pedals law" anti bear hunt bill from getting a vote.

-Most importantly - Trump is filling a number of judicial vacancies in the federal 3rd circuit which is going to change the dynamic of the court from one that was liberal to one that is more evenly split and may eventually lean conservative when more judges go and are replaced by him. We may not even need the Supreme Court to hear a NJ case, the lower courts might rule for us - as happened in Illinois with their carry lawsuit.

This is what I've been thinking too. First, it ain't over 'til it's over. (Anyone remember "2 Americas" John Edwards? Shit happens. You never know what last minute surprises will happen during a campaign.)

And second, if a Dem does get in, some outrageous laws will be passed, lawsuits will be filed, they will wind their way through the system, and then HOPEFULLY, the 1 certain legacy that Trump will leave (his Supreme Court and other Federal court appointments) will prove critical. Hopefully, they'll provide some decent pro-2A outcomes. But, all of that takes time... years not months... so buckle up.

• Like 1

I'm sure that douche will be governor. 

I'm sure he will sign a law further reducing the size or magazines. 

I'm sure he will sign more draconian gun control laws like the NY SAFE act. 

I'm sure I won't give a shit. 

If if those asshats limit it to 7; 15 or 30, you're still outside the law. Might as well run a Magpul 60. Ef it. 

• Like 1

I'm sure that douche will be governor. 
I'm sure he will sign a law further reducing the size or magazines. 
I'm sure he will sign more draconian gun control laws like the NY SAFE act. 
I'm sure I won't give a shit. 

If if those asshats limit it to 7; 15 or 30, you're still outside the law. Might as well run a Magpul 60. Ef it. 

Lol yeah but it'll be "x" amount of years in prison per round over, we know how this state works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Lostboy said:

Lol yeah but it'll be "x" amount of years in prison per round over, we know how this state works.

They will never grandfather in the 15 round mags. Do you think people will destroy or hand over hundreds if not thousands of dollars in mags?

Do you think cops will risk their lives to collect mags? 

Some will, on both sides. A few may die trying. 

Being a firearm owner in NJ will become an underground hobby. 

8 hours ago, Alex V said:

They will never grandfather in the 15 round mags. Do you think people will destroy or hand over hundreds if not thousands of dollars in mags?

Do you think cops will risk their lives to collect mags? 

Some will, on both sides. A few may die trying. 

Being a firearm owner in NJ will become an underground hobby. 

Why would cops die trying to collect magazines?  You'll be asked to turn them in and if you don't you're a criminal.  I don't see them going door-to-door for compliance.   My guess is that if you're caught them you'll be arrested.  Let's say your house is broken into and during the investigation they discover your "high-capacity" magazines?   You'll just be charged.   Are you insinuating a gun battle will ensue?   You're the second person to suggest that the average joe is going to die in the streets over the change in gun laws.  I'll just politely disagree.  

• Like 3

This!

As usual the dysfunction these arcane laws have caused in law abiding gun hobbyists is bordering on pathological. 

We either are hyper-focused on minutia of what's legal and a debilitating phobia of having the most microscopic perceived transgression of some law. 

Or armed militias rounding up pieces of plastic, springs and rubber under threat of death, blood running in the streets. 

Like abused children, we lash out or over compensate. Live your lives. In some possible future there may be a US where all guns are forbidden. There could also be a actual rebirth of our consitutional ideals and we'll all have beautiful 300blk SBRs with auppressors under our car seats. Or a comet could hit the earth and the whole point is moot. I don't think any of those scenarios should seriously effect your psyche today. Remember that having a revolutionary war relic, yup 240 years old +, caused a huge problem for a guy  the prosecutor at the time want to test it ballostically to see if it was used in a crime,  true story. So everyting is illegal. If this handwringing describes you, gun ownership is probably not for you  

We are on the brink of a proxy war with Russia at the behest of Iran. Want to worry about something? Worry about that. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lostboy said:

Why is civil disobedience when used by minorities a heroic act but if we had an armed march (holstered) we'd be all shot or arrested?

We wouldn't have such a march because 

-we have jobs and are otherwise busy

-we are not idiots. 

We understand that such a march would yield only bad will with pretty much everyone. Before we get to the marches, why not get everyone out to vote in our interests? Much more productive and less chance of getting fucking shot. 

YMMV. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

Why would cops die trying to collect magazines?  You'll be asked to turn them in and if you don't you're a criminal.  I don't see them going door-to-door for compliance.   My guess is that if you're caught them you'll be arrested.  Let's say your house is broken into and during the investigation they discover your "high-capacity" magazines?   You'll just be charged.   Are you insinuating a gun battle will ensue?   You're the second person to suggest that the average joe is going to die in the streets over the change in gun laws.  I'll just politely disagree.  

What I mean to say; if cops are ordered to go around collecting mags, some wont be so eager to give them up. Some will realize the inherent risks, some won't care and both parties will learn the hard way.  

It is the same conversation we had prior to the election with the thread of another national AWB or worse under HRC. 

The problem is, a lot will just surrender them because hey, AGT is on at 8pm. 

• Like 1

There is one aspect of this i havent seen mentioned, could have missed it, and that is the segment of gun owners who for maybe the first time will be affected/exposed to the special brand of NJ Stupid. There has to be a large number who only own a semi hg or two and havent had to deal with the evil feature and/or mag cap issues before. They've been able to remain apathetic so far except for maybe a one time pp app or 30 day wait if fairly new to guns. Lets see how they like being forced to dispose of a few mags and purchasing new ones. Also gonna be interesting to see how much blame the black rifle crowd gets yelled at, this being their fault...This would all just be "administrative" law and getting caught is on you. I'll start to be very concerned when I get a letter telling me to register/reconcile my ARs/AKs , any semi rifle especially if it is specific to what I may own and not just a "may own".

10 minutes ago, Alex V said:

What I mean to say; if cops are ordered to go around collecting mags, some wont be so eager to give them up. Some will realize the inherent risks, some won't care and both parties will learn the hard way.  

It is the same conversation we had prior to the election with the thread of another national AWB or worse under HRC. 

I'm going to sell all my 11+ mags to some guy at a PA flea market.....

51 minutes ago, Alex V said:

Most would surrender them because they want to abide by the laws.  Until the court gives relief that the safe act, in NY, is burdensome it remains the law of the land.  NJ may have the same potential and compliacne is not weakness, it's intellgince.  

1 hour ago, Lostboy said:

Why is civil disobedience when used by minorities a heroic act but if we had an armed march (holstered) we'd be all shot or arrested?

It's not heroic, it's criminal.

Remember we always say whenver gun rights are attacked that we are law abiding gun owners.  If you do not comply you are now a criminal and no longer a law abinding gun owner--a prohibted person.  You've lost the high ground in which to fight legally.  

1 hour ago, Alex V said:

They were all lost in a camping accident.  

I am almost certain we will see the end of direct internet ammo sales as well...

Actually it was a fishing accident. 

The ammo sales will be the first casualty. Some outlets like Cheaper than dirt won't sell any ammo without FID and ID. Not the law, but some chief down south NJ wrote them a letter because of a nosy neighbor. 

2 minutes ago, Walt of Destiny said:

Actually it was a fishing accident. 

The ammo sales will be the first casualty. Some outlets like Cheaper than dirt won't sell any ammo without FID and ID. Not the law, but some chief down south NJ wrote them a letter because of a nosy neighbor. 

Eff cheaper than dirt in the A.

After what they pulled following Sandy Hook, I won't give 'em a dime.  I seem to only be giving money to SG, TargetSports and Freedom Munitions as of late... a lot of money lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alex V said:

After what they pulled following Sandy Hook, I won't give 'em a dime.  I seem to only be giving money to SG, TargetSports and Freedom Munitions as of late... a lot of money lol.

Yup. SG is the best. Their reponse to the same request was "come here and enforce that bullshit."

• Like 1

any of you who order fromn ctd just go wear your lacy man rompers and go change your voter reg to libtard

the rest of you go get your the end is nigh signs, everything sucks here but it sure as hell isnt going to get better with everyones defeatist attitude bs, thats why this state will never get better, half the gun owners are more damaging to our cause then the democraps

• Like 5

I'm with you on that also.....I do the exact same
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

Most would surrender them because they want to abide by the laws.  Until the court gives relief that the safe act, in NY, is burdensome it remains the law of the land.  NJ may have the same potential and compliacne is not weakness, it's intellgince.  

It's not heroic, it's criminal.

Remember we always say whenver gun rights are attacked that we are law abiding gun owners.  If you do not comply you are now a criminal and no longer a law abinding gun owner--a prohibted person.  You've lost the high ground in which to fight legally.  

Bullshit!

Illegal laws are still illegal.  

NJ can make a law saying all children with red hair must be killed.  You don't kill the kid, it is illegal.  Hey its the law right?

Why not tell the founders of the US that they are criminals and terrorists.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PeteF said:

Bullshit!

Illegal laws are still illegal.  

NJ can make a law saying all children with red hair must be killed.  You don't kill the kid, it is illegal.  Hey its the law right?

Why not tell the founders of the US that they are criminals and terrorists.

Illegal laws are proven to be illegal in the courts.  You make a ridiculous analogy with red headed children given we have actual case law on AR bans and the NY Safe Act.  When, hopefully, and if they are struck down then they will be illegal.  I can't speak to the founders they are dead and their guns were compliant, just look at High Exposures example.  

If you are suggesting that you'd forcefully resist the police then that's your decision.  

1 hour ago, Alex V said:

I don't understand why Cabela's won't ship Hazmat reloading components to NJ either.  That's fairly recent.  

2 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

Illegal laws are proven to be illegal in the courts.  You make a ridiculous analogy with red headed children given we have actual case law on AR bans and the NY Safe Act.  When, hopefully, and if they are struck down then they will be illegal.  I can't speak to the founders they are dead and their guns were compliant, just look at High Exposures example.  

If you are suggesting that you'd forcefully resist the police then that's your decision.  

So you would kill the children until some useless burecrat decides the law is illegal.  

Okay, that seemed to work out well for the "i was just following orders" crowd.

And as to the NY safe act, check compliance numbers.  IIRC they were less than 30%.

6 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

.....  If you do not comply you are now a criminal and no longer a law abinding gun owner--a prohibted person.  You've lost the high ground in which to fight legally.  

Innocent until proven guilty. Non compliance does not make anyone a "criminal". For that, one has to get arrested, prosecuted and convicted. 

If non-compliance alone makes someone a criminal & prohibited person, then atleast 99.9% of gun owners  including LEOs (and dont forget Politicians) are prohibited.  And 99.99999999% of rest of the population has no high ground to even cast a vote to elect a Politician who would then make the said ridiculous laws. 

Now, that does not mean a literal "from cold, dead hands" either.