Ray Ray

Case head wear?

I recently purchased a Ruger LCRx 3 inch 38 special.  After her first range session (150 rounds) I noticed the casings have left an imprint on the frame.  Is this an issue or should I clean it and move on.

I also noticed this revolver shoots flames out the side like a flame thrower.  I don't want to say it's flame cutting because the frame looks fine. 

Thoughts?

@GRIZ @Pizza Bob @Old School

20170620_160740.jpg

20170620_160731.jpg

Ray, as far as the imprint on the recoil shield its not a concern.  That happens.  Clean it off and continue to march.  

What ammo were you shooting.  Plus P will tend to shoot more flame from the barrel/cylinder gap.  Use a feeler gauge to check what your barrel/cylinder gap is.  If it's too big Ruger will fix it.

Flame cutting is a groove cut in the top strap.  Happens to every S&W K frame I've seen shot with magnums.  It goes so far and then stops.  BTW I've never seen the top strap of a Ruger or Taurus with flame cutting.

• Like 1

Puppy - The brass is normal especially IIRC because your revolver has a semi rough textured finish.

Hoppes will take it right off.

Flame thrower concerns me.  Excessive cylinder gap or timing.  You can check cylinder gap with a feeler gauge but timing you need a range rod which you don't have.

Let's see what the big guys say.

5 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

Ray, as far as the imprint on the recoil shield its not a concern.  That happens.  Clean it off and continue to march.  

What ammo were you shooting.  Plus P will tend to shoot more flame from the barrel/cylinder gap.  Use a feeler gauge to check what your barrel/cylinder gap is.  If it's too big Ruger will fix it.

Flame cutting is a groove cut in the top strap.  Happens to every S&W K frame I've seen shot with magnums.  It goes so far and then stops.  BTW I've never seen the top strap of a Ruger or Taurus with flame cutting.

^^^ True , true , true

Buy a GLOCK  Perfection

• Like 2

Thanks @GRIZ and @Old School.

The flames coming out the side are huge.  I did own a revolver that had serious flame cutting, it was a Charter Arms.  

I will email Ruger and see what they say.

Also, the ammo was standard pressure MFS stuff from Cabelas.

4 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Thanks @GRIZ and @Old School.

The flames coming out the side are huge.  I did own a revolver that had serious flame cutting, it was a Charter Arms.  

I will email Ruger and see what they say.

Also, the ammo was standard pressure MFS stuff from Cabelas.

Ray - All BS aside...If that bitch is shooting flames out the cylinder gap and this is a new revolver send the f&ck!ing thing back.  You paid $400 + for the revolver and get a prepaid label off the bastards.  From what you're describing this is criminal.

• Like 2

On 6/20/2017 at 4:18 PM, Ray Ray said:

I recently purchased a Ruger LCRx 3 inch 38 special.  After her first range session (150 rounds) I noticed the casings have left an imprint on the frame.  Is this an issue or should I clean it and move on.

I also noticed this revolver shoots flames out the side like a flame thrower.  I don't want to say it's flame cutting because the frame looks fine. 

Thoughts?

@GRIZ @Pizza Bob @Old School

20170620_160740.jpg

20170620_160731.jpg

Shoulda bought a smith j...

jus sayen 

• Like 2